Good Saiga Gunsmiths in SE Michigan

I LOVE Top Gun Shooting Sports [where I go to shoot and rent guns to shoot] and they reset the front sight on my Tokarev for free in a minute. However, when I got my wood hanguard put on my Saiga the gunsmith gave my gun back to me with the latch on the gas bloc pushed all the way forward instead of locked back so the nipple could mate with the divot as designed. If I brought that up with them I'm sure that the gunsmith would be apologetic and its probably no reason to think he's going to make my shotgun a pipe bomb if I had him work on it but I'm still unsure.

So fellow mitten-dwellers, are there any gunsmiths you frequent you do/would trust your Saiga or other valued firearms to?

Generally speaking, screwing up the settings on your gas block may prevent an S12 from cycling properly. Screwing up the gas block itself may have more serious consequences.

YOT has a good point. At a minimum, you want to find a gunsmith who can walk and chew gum around a Saiga shotgun, and will do the work correctly the first time.

• Like 1