I met a Social security mental health benifits guy the other day.. He was about mid 30s and TOTALLY insane, but probably still gets direct deposit.

I actually know of maybe half a dozen people on Social Security disability for mental issues. Of them all that have mental issues serious enough to not be in control of their finances are REALLY REALLY crazy. And most should never own a firearm..

I do oppose any restriction that has no method of restoring rights.. The no fly list and FBI watch list have no appeal process to get removed from the list.

I agree with the goal of not allowing crazy people to own a firearm, but not the method used.

• Like 2

Good point but the naggy fact is that it is no longer even money.  Just info in some computer base.  What is so scary is that the Courts by omission by refusing to hear valid appeals have pretty much said that agency law is the law of the land and must be enforced and obeyed.

Agency regulations first formed behind closed doors now having the force and impact as valid federal law.  Fucking bull shit.  Nobody voted on this stuff.  Now we are expected to kow tow and obey false laws by false alphabet soup federal agencies?  Right now yes.  Very scary.

Also the brave service vets who risked their lives on a blank check to protect and defend our nation in peril and who have left their body parts or in this case parts of their sanity and perhaps souls in another horrible part of the world WITHOUT DUE PROCESS ... are denied their rights?

Constitutional Rights.  The Second Amendment.  Now the Social Security ass holes who nobody elected can just sit down and make up illegal rules and regulations that now they assume CAN TRUMP CONSTITUTION AMENDMENT SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND????

Bullshit. Down the Rabbit Hole we continue.  Alice In Wonderland for those who do not get it.  I for one never thought I would see this.  What about my kids.  What about my grand kids?  I am a letter and E mail writer.  Time for another dozen.  Do not know if they even read the stuff. 

Right now I am super pissed.  Mothers Day.  I need to chill out and make ladies happy today.  Sorry for the rant.  Shit, piss, fuck.  HB

• Like 5

Two points.

I 100% agree that mentally unstable people should not have guns.

I 100% do not trust the government to decide who is unstable.  There are already people in "our" government who believe that simply owning a gun is prima facie evidence of mental instability.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 6

Years ago when I worked as a Paramedic and later Registered Nurse, we had specific protocols and rules that had to be followed before even the first step of declaring somebody crazy could be started.  This was for just a non voluntary 72 hour lock down hold.  We had to be vary careful to follow the laws.

If we did not, the punishment for us included prison time.  Had a sobering effect on our conduct.

Back then it took a regular court hearing with a Judge to decide if somebody was legally declared mentally deficient.  Not suspect.  Legally proved beyond a reasonable doubt.  Judges had to be sure back then.  They learned towards freeing the suspected mental cases.  But not today?  I need to learn up on this.

Due process by a court of law.  Not some illegal fed agency kangaroo court with no Constitutional legal standing.

My feeble point here is that it used to be very difficult to declare somebody crazy.  THEN they could have access to firearms restricted or prohibited.  If a crazy is really nuts in a way that he is a threat to himself and others that requires no access to firearms, that means he is really nuts.  Institutional nuts.

• Like 2

I think empowering the Social Security Administration without specific appeal rights is a very slippery slope indeed.  How do you deprive someone of their Constitutional rights without an appeal process or reasonable redress?  I foresee rife abuse before the question is addressed by the bureaucrats and politicians.

• Like 5

I suppose a large part of it, is that people on SS for mental disabilities have pretty much declared themselves unstable and have a court appointed financial guardian..

Much like there is no real investigation for someone that confesses to a crime and produces evidence, there is no real need for a hearing for someone that is claiming and producing evidence of mental instability in order to get financial assistance.

But I don't know enough about the exact set of circumstances that would trigger this.. So I am merely speculating.

There was a guy over on the AK files in the past few months asking about how he could buy a gun without sending up any red flags.. He has been on SS disability for something like 20 years for mental issues, and did not want to get off of the take, but still wanted to own a firearm.. 

I think the consensus was that either he was mentally disabled and ineligible or he was a fraud and thus also ineligible.

Most of the number are probably people with dementia, alzheimer's, autism ect. Since it seems like two things must be at play. You must be labeled as having a mental disability, AND not be in control of your finances.

Correct csspecs and in addition it is important to understand that even though a loonie toonie confesses his craziness, there still needs to be due process of law before he can be denied liberty or restrained or denied fire arms.

Also having any appeals process, if any exists, held inside the illegal non US Constitutional kangaroo SS court system is also very wrong.  The Feds do this with other illegal agencies.  They have their own illegal court systems.

Yep.  Un fucking believable but there you have it.  The Forest Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the IRS, The Environment destruction Agency, (EPA) and others all have their own court system?  Very Un Constitutional.

You can not even appeal to get your case presented to a normal legal court system.  We have a situation right now regarding this.  They lie, cheat, give false testimony and rule the way the Powers That Be tell them to rule.

Then the normal courts refuse to hear the case or kick it back into the illegal court system.  The Federal Appeals courts just rule against you.  Then the Supreme Court just refuses to hear the case.  A failure of due process.

• Like 1