Well, here she is! Finally got my parts from Shannon and put her back together. She ran beautifully with Federal #8 1-1/8oz 1200fps bulk ammo.

Couple things happened during reassembly. The BHO was forcefully lost and never heard from again (it is SO FREAKING EASY TO ASSEMBLE THE FCG WITHOUT IT!!!), and the safety was notched ala Krebs for replacement. Also ground down the safety so it won't interfere with the disconnector.

NOW FOR PICS!

gallery_50296_1407_122638.jpg

gallery_50296_1407_10981.jpg

gallery_50296_1407_2474187.jpg

• Like 3

It was more due to having nowhere else to put it. I actually just came up with a far better way. The mount is supposed to be for piggybacking a red dot onto a scope, but with a bit of modification it works fantastically with excellent cowitness.

gallery_50296_1407_1175771.jpg

gallery_50296_1407_133259.jpg

Edited by Heartbreaker
  • Like 1

Very odd placement. Interesting tho.

Seems like shouldering it comfortably would be a challenge.

Why not just use the rear sight dovetail to mount the optic?

Edited by Mullet Man
  • Like 1

It's actually fairly easy to shoulder. The rear of the sight is 4 inches from my face so its not a huge deal. It also gives a much more natural cheekweld without a riser. Plus it cowitnesses the factory sights. How many AK optic mounts do that? I may get a more compact sight in the future..

• Like 1

Co-witnessing for a shotgun?

It's a shotgun. It doesn't even need sights.

ETA: I like your shotgun, you did a good job with it. I'm not a fan of the sight on it, but it's yours, so have fun with it.

Edited by YOT
  • Like 1

Co-witnessing for a shotgun?

It's a shotgun. It doesn't even need sights.

ETA: I like your shotgun, you did a good job with it. I'm not a fan of the sight on it, but it's yours, so have fun with it.

my shitty  35 dollar tacfire red dot cowitnesses with my 433s iron sights quite easily. 

Sights make a huge difference if you ever shoot slugs...

You should tell that to the umpteen deer I killed with a single shot, brass bead sighted, 12ga. when I was a kid. I didn't have a rifle, other than a .22LR, until I was 26 years old. 

You should tell that to the umpteen deer I killed with a single shot, brass bead sighted, 12ga. when I was a kid. I didn't have a rifle, other than a .22LR, until I was 26 years old.

Brass bead is still a sight. Edited by Heartbreaker

Brass bead is still a sight.

I co-witnessed it with my eye. shocked.gif

IMO sights help and never hurt. Good sights are in line with your eye and probably give you a better sense of the spread of your pattern. If you have a good choke, your buckshot pattern at range is pretty tight too, and the sights are still a help.

It's a cyclical reasoning problem with shotguns. 1) Shotguns suck because they are clumsy to feed have bad triggers and bad sights and are innacurate. 2) I manage to get the job done with them anyway, but prefer a rifle because they have good sights, are easy to feed, have good triggers and are accurate. 3) It isn't worth improving any of those individual problems because shotguns suck (i.e. not worth improving the sights because the ammo is innacurate/ not worth improving the ammo, because they don't have sights anyway)  --->Go back to step 1. Repeat ad nauseum.

IMO more better is better. Eliminate needless handicaps. Lack of sights is a handicap with slugs and buckshot if you have a choke. They do no harm to wingshooting. Why not have them other than tradition?

Heartbreaker, on 10 May 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

It's actually fairly easy to shoulder. The rear of the sight is 4 inches from my face so its not a huge deal. It also gives a much more natural cheekweld without a riser. Plus it cowitnesses the factory sights. How many AK optic mounts do that? I may get a more compact sight in the future..

Depends on the optic and mount.

You must have one helluva LoP!

Heartbreaker, on 10 May 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Depends on the optic and mount.

You must have one helluva LoP!

I'm 6' 6" and my preferred LOP is 15".
  • Like 1