So....who wants to bail out Trumps campaign debt

Reagan was once a Democrat as well.

His signature on Hughes amendment didn't help us much either

..He wasn't perfect. No one is...except you of course. He didn't put us where we are. He was orders of magnitude better than the asshole we've got now.

Haters gonna hate.

No nobody is perfect, but nobody should be immune from criticism either. I can't consider him a champion of the 2nd amendment. That's a complete lie. Fans win always be fanatic.

I'll not forget that that the NRA promised to fight Hughes amendment and never did. See thsee tactics of labeling R or D and simply signing on and vehemently supporting your chosen flavor are what got us the shit we have now. Look at what a man DOES and not what he campaign to do. Look at his voting record and not what he promised to vote for.

• Like 1

Reagan was a mixed bag no matter where one stands on things.

Given he was heavily into the occult I find it odd the so named right wing evangelicals were so solidly behind him, and continue to this day.

He literally opened the door for the Bush family and everything they represent making possible Clinton and Obama so making his support a bit more mysterious.

But he was better than the guy before in many areas of liberty, far worse in some or shall we forget this millstone of the war on drugs which has never helped and always destroyed.

I dunno maybe he was just another brand of what gets elected, seems to fit. But hero? Not even close.

• Like 2

And now we have Trump standing proud and being endorsed by the NRA.  Kinda scary.  But ... pretty predictable also.  Are we seeing the playing out of a pre determined script of events here?  I sometimes wonder if Trump is in fact completely controlled and by whom for what reason?

Just a feeling all of this has happened before and it will all happen again.  What we may be witnessing and bitching about is just a grand stage play perfectly rehearsed and ocrreographed over and over?  A vast expensive Dog and Pony show?  I have a bad feeling about this.  Respectfully.

• Like 1

It's a loan from one account to another with tax benefits. I don't think anybody who is complaining or worried about this has ever licensed a corporation and paid taxes on their own private business. The book is thick and full of tricks. My S-Corp afforded me free food for many years so long as we spoke about new products and business related shit while we were eating. Write offs, tax shelters, structures.... Oh, my.

As an old school republican for a constitutional republic, I think Trump will be good for our party. There are mostly old democrats in our republican party right now and the democrats have communists.

Hang on for the ride. Trump is going to be a lot of fun. And, we get our fucking Russian shotguns back!

And now we have Trump standing proud and being endorsed by the NRA.  Kinda scary.  But ... pretty predictable also.  Are we seeing the playing out of a pre determined script of events here?  I sometimes wonder if Trump is in fact completely controlled and by whom for what reason?

Tump is a wild man with a EUGE (huge) ego. You can't buy off guys like that. They're self made men with lots of pride. Yes, I know his dad gave him a few million for a loan but the rest was his hustle.

• Like 2

Given he was heavily into the occult I find it odd the so named right wing evangelicals were so solidly behind him, and continue to this day.

He literally opened the door for the Bush family and everything they represent making possible Clinton and Obama so making his support a bit more mysterious.

But he was better than the guy before in many areas of liberty, far worse in some or shall we forget this millstone of the war on drugs which has never helped and always destroyed.

I dunno maybe he was just another brand of what gets elected, seems to fit. But hero? Not even close.

Horseshit. I love how Reagan is shackled with the Hughes Ammendment. He didn't take away your right to own machine guns, a overwhelmly Democratic congress did. Look up the vote in both chambers, His veto would have been overturned in a heartbeat. Still he should have vetoed on principle. Reagan was the antithesis of the "brand of what gets elected". How old are you? He is the example of what should be elected every election cycle. This country would be much better off with more Reagans and less Clinton's and Obama's.

Horseshit. I love how Reagan is shackled with the Hughes Ammendment. He didn't take away your right to own machine guns, a overwhelmly Democratic congress did. Look up the vote in both chambers, His veto would have been overturned in a heartbeat. Still he should have vetoed on principle. Reagan was the antithesis of the "brand of what gets elected". How old are you? He is the example of what should be elected every election cycle. This country would be much better off with more Reagans and less Clinton's and Obama's.

Really?

Old enough to know it for what it was at the time.

Or shall we pretend that the CIA was not bringing in coke to finance whatever under his watch? 

You do know that is documented fact at this point. 

Iran-Contra anyone? 

What was that chit if not more of the same old same old. Now that was golden principles in action bunky.

Worship him if you wish, I will not.

Better than Carter? Absolutely

Hero? Horseshit 

• Like 1

Well it was really just that "one time"...

May 3, 1994

To Members of the U.S. House of Representatives:

We are writing to urge your support for a ban on the domestic manufacture of military-style assault weapons. This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety. Although assualt weapons account for less than 1% of the guns in circulation, they account for nearly 10% of the guns traced to crime.

Every major law enforcement organization in America and dozens of leading labor, medical, religious, civil rights and civic groups support such a ban. Most importantly, poll after poll shows that the American public overwhelmingly support a ban on assault weapons. A 1993 CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll found that 77% of Americans support a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of semi-automatic assault guns, such as the AK-47.

The 1989 import ban resulted in an impressive 40% drop in imported assault weapons traced to crime between 1989 and 1991, but the killing continues. Last year, a killer armed with two TEC9s killed eight people at a San Francisco law firm and wounded several others. During the past five years, more than 40 law enforcement officers have been killed or wounded in the line of duty by an assault weapon.

While we recognize that assault weapon legislation will not stop all assault weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals. We urge you to listen to the American public and to the law enforcement community and support a ban on the further manufacture of these weapons.

Sincerely,

Gerald R. Ford

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan

This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety ... While we recognize that assault-weapon legislation will not stop all assault-weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals.”

--Ronald Reagan, in a May 3, 1994 letter to the U.S. House of Representatives, which was also signed by Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford.

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

--Ronald Reagan, in a speech at his 78th birthday celebration in Los Angeles on February 6, 1989.

“Certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited.”

--Ronald Reagan, in an August 28, 1986 signing statement on a bill that banned the production and importation of armor-piercing bullets.

“With the right to bear arms comes a great responsibility to use caution and common sense on handgun purchases.”

--Ronald Reagan, speech at George Washington University in a on March 29, 1991.

“Every year, an average of 9,200 Americans are murdered by handguns, according to Department of Justice statistics. This does not include suicides or the tens of thousands of robberies, rapes and assaults committed with handguns. This level of violence must be stopped.”

--Ronald Reagan, in a March 29, 1991 New York Times op-ed in support of the Brady Bill.

“I think maybe there could be some restrictions that there had to be a certain amount of training taken.”

--Ronald Reagan, in a press conference in Toronto on June 21, 1988, suggesting that prospective gun owners should have to receive training before purchasing a firearm.

“Well, I think there has to be some (gun) control.”

--Ronald Reagan, during a question-and-answer session with high-school students on November 14, 1988.

Let's try to realize that the government, R or D doesn't seek to solve our problems, they seek to solve their problems. Our freedom is their problem, and that makes them our biggest problem.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 3

Epic hijack!

Name ONE President since 1960 who was better, and explain it.

You can't do it.

Now hijackoff.

I think we should set the bar higher.

I'm not here to have a pissing match of who's better, or worse. Just want people to see that both sides use distraction to remove or freedom.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Again, the point is missed. I will take Ronald Reagan over any president we have had since him. My point was the Hughes Amendment gets thrown on Reagan like it was his and his alone. Was it bad legislation? Yep it was. But regardless whether Reagan went along with it or opposed it, it was going to happen with the Congress in place. Reagan critics point to two issues: the Hughes Amendment and Iran Contra. How many scandals can you point to with the Clintons or Obama? The Hughes Amendment and Iran Contra pale in comparison to selling missile technology to the Chicoms for campaign contributions, or running roughshod over the Constitution at ever opportunity, or starting an charity which siphons money directly from foreign governments to buy your favor once you are president.

I really don't care about R or D. Both parties suck at this point. But IMO one of them sucked a lot less when Reagan was around. I would have preferred to dig up his rotting carcass in 2008 and put him in back in office. America would still have better off.

• Like 2

Epic hijack!

You can't do it.

Now hijackoff.

That is a fairly limited contest.

JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama.

Being the least evil among that bunch is like being the least slutty in the whore house.

Whores all

• Like 1

Epic hijack!

You can't do it.

Now hijackoff.

Being the least evil among that bunch is like being the least slutty in the whore house.

Whores all

.....then why don't you, with all your wisdom, run for the office and fix everything?

• Like 1

Epic hijack!

You can't do it.

Now hijackoff.

Whores all

.....then why don't you, with all your wisdom, run for the office and fix everything?
Why don't we just hold our leaders to a higher standard instead?