I saw that on facebook. Looks pretty cool. Robins like living on the edge, I guess.

But private range owner problems are the kind of problems I envy.

• Like 3

Oh Gawd!  If it were just me, I would not even want to even subject those Robins to any kind of gunshot noise.

Edited by HB because this may enter into it.  We are lucky to have our own private shale quarry range.  No nests.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

I would leave them alone too.

It sucks that it closes the range.

Move the nest when they hatch. They will keep nesting there. I have a nest, in high brush, on year two (not problematic). Momma chirps at me when I go out to my shed.

I found an egg this spring that must have fallen 100+ feet. It landed in a pile of leaves, intact.

Flashlight showed a yoke.

Edited by Sim_Player

Very often I have deer on my firing line. They become accustomed to the noise and don't liken it to a threat. Deer will also come out in the same fields as the tractors when the corn harvesters are running. That's the dinner bell.

I have between 8-13 deer that use my lawn and the fields in front and behind the house as bedding every night. It's very common to wake up to something like this every morning.

post-23857-0-75885300-1463326810_thumb.jpg

post-23857-0-62132400-1463327180_thumb.jpg

Edited by YOT
  • Like 2

I closed my home range two weeks ago due to simular scenario as the Robin eggs. A duck was nesting in a cable reel I use for holding targets.

Mother Nature reopened the range last week when a snake found the duck eggs.

• Like 1

We are so lucky here in SW OR USA living in the woods.  All sorts of critters.  Some years ticks.  Pesky bastards.  This year it seems to be squirrels and white tail deer.  All the very knocked up mommy-to-be deer hanging around.  Very wild but will eat out of your hands if they know you.  Not good.  But ... this would save time if we needed the meat. Squirrels practically the same if you feed them peanuts more than 3 times.  Lots of forest shooting ranges here have signs saying please do not shoot the animals ... and please examine the butts first.

JDeko:  Some B29s have returned.

• Like 1

The dive bombing redwings become targets.  The muskrats play sink the sub with the pellet gun.  The geese play battleship with the slingshot.  The ducks (mosquito control) get food.  And the mice go to Thunderdome!

• Like 1