- Re Profiled

- JT Guid Rod

- Teflon Sleve

Gas Blocked Ported

Gas ports drilled to .078 (5/64)

3 Grove Gas Puck Carolina Shooters Supply

Auto Plug Cranked all the way down.

Still fails to feed 6 and 7.5 Loads 

Stove pipes with stock clip every 2-3 rounds... 

Reccomendations?

Edited by hellknighthicks

Try removing the Chaos rail and test with the stock handguard. The rail can pinch the gas tube and affect cycling. Also make sure to use shells that are at least 1200fps 1-1/8oz 3 dram equivalent.

Edited by Heartbreaker

How many gas ports?  .078 is for four ports if I remember correctly.

4 ports

Try removing the Chaos rail and test with the stock handguard. The rail can pinch the gas tube and affect cycling. Also make sure to use shells that are at least 1200fps 1-1/8oz 3 dram equivalent.

Seems like i heard that somewhere once before...  

If thats the case what do I do then?

Seems like i heard that somewhere once before...  

If thats the case what do I do then?

You should contact Chaos to get help fitting it to your gun.

I was wrong it was #8 winchester universal that wouldnt run.

I put the stock puck back in and frog lubed the crap out of the thing and it ejected 1 our of 4 #8's

6's run

7.5's stove pipe occationally.

At 4 ports, you increase from .076-.093" as needed. .082 or .084 is pretty common for where people get good results.

Thanks

Right. Win Universal is inconsistent, and tends to be less powerful than claimed.

I forgot to say buy your ammo by the numbers. The right numbers. Shot size is not a relevant number. You need to look at Weight and Velocity. Now for the chart I always post.

Print this and keep it in your glovebox. When you go to the ammo store take it in with you. If the ammo ain't in the green zone, leave it in the store.

post-17871-0-28003300-1463538797_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I messed with the action alot last night...  When the bolt hits the hammer (after the hammer has dripped) its like its against a wall... theres a lot of drag there.. its like the bolt runs into a wall of great resistance...  Im probably going to more agressivly round the top of the hammer and see if that doenst help.

Im going to do some more testing with some other shotgun rounds and see how it does. 

Yes Fail to Eject

Fail to eject

yes

Actually read the accompanying description in that thread too. There are some dimensional considerations you need to be aware of.

Also, If you have a great deal of force binding, I would be more inclined to suspect a spring leg has slipped in behind the disconnector. Those springs should be pulling outward, Alt version, you have a sloppily fitted hammer axis that allows your BHO to jump out from underneath the rail and bind.

Mine has quite a bit of force binding too, even with a Cobra profile and polish job and the BHO lever removed. The carrier has to push the hammer down every time it rides over, which creates a lot of drag no matter how smooth the surfaces are.

I stopped by cabellas and purchased some fiocchi shotgun shells that run at 1200 FPS

They ejected and ran just fine. 

Winchester 7.5 seems to run pretty good. 

Its just the Winchester Universal #8's that dont seem to function very well. 

Id been buying some cheap shells at walmart... I love to shoot the gun... Cheaper shells means more shooting... 

The most force occures when the bolt hits the hammer after firing...   Very stiff there and is for at least 1/4 to 1/2 an inch of movement.  

When the hammer is cocked theres not a whole lot of drag going on.    I know theres some more polishing that can be done. 

I do have a JT spring but it wont stay on the trigger legs... So i put the stock one back in. 

My trigger pulled disconnector is not polished. 

And im not really sure how to interprint that chart you posted. 

The numbers across the top, left to right, is the weight of the shot.

The numbers on the far left, top to bottom, are dram equivalent ("power").

All the rest of the numbers are FPS, speed at the muzzle.

Numbers in the pink box (buhdumtish) are too weak for an S12/V12.

Numbers in the green box should cycle.

Edited by Mullet Man