the Veteran "Bro" code and Vet owned Businesses

Time to rewrite the "Bro" code when it comes to veteran owned business.. Vet businesses are some of the most giving people on the planet.. help them keep that trend going.. Dudes need to stop being that guy that hit's applebees twice on veterans day... Just sayin'...

I love my fellow Vets.. I WANT to see them succeed.. When I do Wholesale printing I give my "best price".. I have never turned down a brother in need.. and I often get stuck "holding the bag".. Not a huge deal.. all in to help a brother. You get jammed up on 3 or 4 decent sized jobs in a quarter, it jacks your working capital all out of whack.. . The Bro code gets bastardized.. and if were not careful, the term "brother" will mean nothing more than "whore"... It's all about respect...

I did about 1:20 video on it.. FWIW...

www.facebook.com/Juggernaut.S12/videos/vb.1381519105/10206853735566882

• Like 7

Interesting topic. Current service members for the most part aren't the same as from just a decade ago and it shows. We got away with a lot of stuff back in the day but we took care of our battle buddies without fail, but now days there is no respect or loyalty. I lived across from a few lower enlisted who moved out of the barracks. Weekday in middle of the night they were partying like idiots, which would never have flown in my day. I tried to be polite until the cocky bastard smarter off, then I shifted gears to a more serious and forceful approach and they changed their tune. If I had my command called by a civilian or service member telling them Inacted like that it would have been a bad week for me, but now they are just different.

This is why I wont take so much as howdy do in response to once being in the military.

I did what I did to serve myself, it was in my perceived best interest to join and very very few could say differently and I have my suspicions about that.

Perhaps if we concentrated more on fulfilling the contract owed the vets and less about all the hearts and flowers there would be a lot better lives among the vets that need help.

• Like 1

Well said, Drew.

It's the "entitlement mentality" the schools brainwash these kids with. 

Fix the schools.

Go back to Old School leadership for the military, starting at the NCO level. I've been on both ends of "wall to wall counseling". I can tell you...it WORKS.

Keep the political/social experiments OUT of our military. Their job is to kill people and break things. Let them do their jobs.

...and when we return to civilian life, don't just dump us on the street. Some of us need transitioning to cope with a gentler way of life. Help us. America owes EVERYTHING to her Vets, and her Vets have a responsibility to, as Drew put it, sack up.

Sorry if I went a bit off the original topic, but it burns me up.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

Just repay them what is owed, dont look to short them out of it.

How much effort was put into covering up GWS that could have gone into helping the guys?

Problem is that is just sop, cover up and deny.

Indians and vets, proof of what awaits anyone depending on the word of the feds.

I have told kids that asked exactly what an enlistment contract means and realities involved.

To date none joined, not because I lied but because the truth is unsettling.

Actually all one has to do is read that thing and understanding what it means... cant imagine anyone signing it then of their own free will but it is an odd world.

Indians and vets, proof of what awaits anyone depending on the word of the feds.

I have told kids that asked exactly what an enlistment contract means and realities involved.

To date none joined, not because I lied but because the truth is unsettling.

Actually all one has to do is read that thing and understanding what it means... cant imagine anyone signing it then of their own free will but it is an odd world.

I signed with eyes wide open. Freedom isn't free. Some of us are willing to fight for it. If I could go back in time, I'd still sign up. Others aren't willing to and puss out, riding the backs and lives of those who gave.

• Like 4

Well I guess I invited that but not in much mood to debate it.

People say a lot of things but I can say with certainty no action by the US military was waged for freedom in my lifetime, plenty have convinced themselves otherwise though.

Just does not hold up to the light of day. Hate it but there it is.

That one?

You bought that one huh...

"Liberating" Kuwait after giving old shoeshine a pass to invade it in the first place. Freedom had nothing to do with it except in the minds of the deceived.

And WMDs in Iraq? Buy into that one also?

Still waiting on one example in the last 60 years... heck go back further if you wish but yall know better.

I can think of exactly one and the US didn't even exist at that point.

• Like 1

I have never asked a veteran business owner for a discount. I have never screwed over a fellow veteran.

I think it is our obligation as veterans to fully support one another, and their families by paying the regular price on goods or services.

• Like 2