• Like 1
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I'd rather smoke meat.

I just can't believe a member of THIS forum would post a topic with the INTENTION of "stirring up the pot" .   I'm aghast! Will someone please point me to the safe space?   Funny Fuckers.

My point wasn't to debate the findings, it was to illustrate how we accept one risk above another simply based on arbitrary dictate. You have no moral issue nor attach no social stigma to users of mi

Posted Images

If a man had just a beer and another just a joint.

Which would you trust your life with if it came to that?

This is a valid question and very much warrants a response.

I would say the guy who drank one beer. (assuming I've never met either individual, and have no idea of their capabilities outside what their uniform or ID indicates). Why?

Because a joint is multiple doses of THC for most people. Nobody smokes a 6pack of joints.. the smoke one, or have a six pack of beer (or less). So considering these factors it's the more easily determined effect.

Dosing, and determining level of intoxication is the one difficulty with pot on the legal spectrum. Since blood work and breathalyzers won't work for THC... perhaps only cognitive ability testing can be used. Really should be for alcohol too, but lawyers like numeric values that can be established. For good reason sometimes.

Never the less it is a joint and is always multiple dose compaired to a beer.

That was my point. With a beer you have a good idea how much alcohol you are consuming.

With a joint you do not.

If a man had just a beer and another just a joint.

Which would you trust your life with if it came to that?

This is a valid question and very much warrants a response.

I would say the guy who drank one beer. (assuming I've never met either individual, and have no idea of their capabilities outside what their uniform or ID indicates). Why?

Because a joint is multiple doses of THC for most people. Nobody smokes a 6pack of joints.. the smoke one, or have a six pack of beer (or less). So considering these factors it's the more easily determined effect.

Dosing, and determining level of intoxication is the one difficulty with pot on the legal spectrum. Since blood work and breathalyzers won't work for THC... perhaps only cognitive ability testing can be used. Really should be for alcohol too, but lawyers like numeric values that can be established. For good reason sometimes.

Never the less it is a joint and is always multiple dose compaired to a beer.

That was my point. With a beer you have a good idea how much alcohol you are consuming.

With a joint you do not.

With the development  of consumables that does change. Extracts can be measured for potency and dosed accordingly.. we have regulations on alcohol concentration and quality so might we with cannabis. 

I believe there is a way to do this, and keep everybody as relatively safe as we always have been.  Perhaps safer if we can undermine the serious cash flow across the borders. 

Ultimately I really don't care about the substance. I care about people being able to recognize that arbitrary dictate shouldn't direct one's moral compass. I doubt any body here would consider somebody who put a greater than 10 round capacity magazine in an unconverted Saiga a "scum bag".. it's technically illegal uner 922r and just because charges haven't been pressed doesn't mean that they couldn't be.. but to allow even that to be distinction alone would be allowing another person to decide what you deem to be moral. based on their agenda alone. 

** should have mentioned that you aren't required to consume the entire joint, just like you're not required to consume the entire package of beer whatever size you buy.  This is pretty simple issue of personal consumption. 

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Dope comes from the street in fl and is not regulated except being against the law

You are to dumb and long in the tooth to wast anymore time with.

BOOM! 

There we have it! You cannot recognize that legalization allows for more precise regulation and control. You can't think that far ahead, and call me dumb. I'm not talking about perpetuating a loosing battle I'm talking about a strategy that would END the battle. 

Ever notice we don't have a huge issue with bootleg alcohol?

Jerry.. If I'm so dumb, tell me in all my stupidity....... why was the 18th amendment repealed? 

Can't see the forest through the trees, describes you so well. 

I can't help but notice......

Whenever traditional values or ethical questions are debated or Christianity or law enforcement are a topic.....

The same people come out to shit on those of us still hold to our values

It's because you are speaking across generations. There is no concerted effort to "shit on" you.

I'm not sure how old the other pro-pot posters are, but they're likely around my age, from the D.A.R.E. generation.

We were lied to, big time.

Trusted figures in the community - law enforcement officers, councilmen, firefighters, etc. came to our schools to talk to us. People we ought to trust and respect.

We were told ridiculous shit, that pot is laced with PCP. That acid stays in your spine forever and randomly makes you trip. Our officer told us there is no difference between marijuana and heroin. They went over all sorts of drugs with my 6th grade class that we'd never even heard of til that day. The list goes on and on.

Even on this thread, I see older posters still calling marijuana "dope" - dope is not pot. Dope is heroin. 

We see alcohol killing people we know in DUI, they parked the wrecked cars in front of our schools. We all knew someone whose parents beat them or ignored them or spent the whole paycheck on lotto tickets and booze and left them to eat boxed Mac n Cheese for two weeks. We all know someone, usually middle aged and blue collar, that started with a bad back and a trip to the family doctor, and ended up an oxycontin junkie. And sadly we all know a kid who got hooked on dad's "medicine" and lost the best years of their life. 

We went to college and smoked a joint and ate too much pizza and realize we were lied to, big time. About many things regarding drug policy, vice, and culture in the US.

And even worse, we learned that many of the people lying to us, running this whole racket, did the exact same things as us (smoke pot) when they were our age. They just did it before digital background checks, routine drug screening for employment, and social media. Hypocrites. Two faced liars taking a phony high road they know damn well they didn't walk. 

We all know a capable, intelligent individual, often with a degree, who is unable to find gainful employment or rent the nice apartment because of that one time they were caught with a joint. And their friends who ran faster than the cops that night aren't in the same predicament.

Just because someone disagrees with you, does not mean they are "trolling" or "shitting on you" - people have different opinions and we can all learn from one another - young and old alike. 

I'm of the opinion that any theory should be able to withstand the light of day. If your convictions cannot withstand any sort of scrutiny - perhaps you ought to reconsider them.

Just some anecdotal experience from a younger person. 

Edited by randumbthoughts
  • Like 1

when you have decades of experience with people who have gone down that path.

When you have had to call OMI over dead teenagers overdosed and helped load their dead bodies in the van.

When you have seen the children that played with your children start with pot and end up cooked on meth, lives and families destroyed.

Maybe and only maybe .....will you have a deeper understanding.

But I doubt it

• Like 2

When you have had to call OMI over dead teenagers overdosed and helped load their dead bodies in the van.

When you have seen the children that played with your children start with pot and end up cooked on meth, lives and families destroyed.

But I doubt it

That correlation not causation.

None of those kids died from a THC overdose nobody has. It doesn't effect vital system controls.

The only reason people don't drink alcohol and turn to heroin or meth is because they don't have to deal with the same people pushing both products. A dealer might not have the pot a kid comes looking for, but "hey try these pills, they're way better. Like smoking 5 joints at once!" You won't catch some store clerk pulling shit like that. He's not making money selling extra stuff, he gets paid by the hour. He has no incentive to be a pusher

When pot is sold under related conditions, like cigarettes or booze, there are more levels of control and accountability,for sales to minors, poor quality, frauds.

People resort to settling disputes themselves when they cannot reach out to other services like police for help with things like being robbed, or cheated.

These are all contributing factors that make pot dangerous.

I'm not trying to attack anybody, but highlight the similarities between the two, and I see that forcing people to face that really hurts their ego. Sorry, no safe spaces here.

• Like 1

But I doubt it

Something to help your understanding

http://www.huzlers.com/59-people-die-of-marijuana-overdose-in-colorado-and-washington/

Edited by jerry52

But I doubt it

Something to help your understanding

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602177/Puppy-play-definitely-not-sex-TV-documentary-sheds-light-barking-mad-men-enjoy-dressing-dogs.html

Have to really sit down and appreciate the maturity of the guy who resorts to name calling and posting junk like this.

What a credit to your cause you are.

That's some good satire!

FBI agent Ronald McGuire says “I know mary jane is some good sh*t but you have to learn to control it”. It is not yet known how much marijuana the individuals consumed.

"Reporters are telling us that most of the individuals who died were cremated and had so much marijuana in there system that funeral home workers and crematorium workers were all “Blazed as f*ck” while the cremations were happening and even reported to be high even after 5 days. Reporters are also saying that the families of the deceased also smoked their ashes and got “extremely high” and the ashes are now being classified as a type of marijuana called “Super OG death grip k*sh” and can only be found in the ashes of people who died on marijuana overdose"

Wouldn't that just make your day?! 

No sir the only hypocrites on this thread are you and your self righteous clique. It's pretty plain that neither one of you two are Sherlock Holmes. Not that I really care what your opinion of me is, I'd have to respect you first. You're both disrespectful arrogant and ignorant willfully so, cognitive dissonance describes you very well. I think "pearls to swine" would be how your type would phrase it? 

Too bad, the world doesn't fit in your tiny perspective. You've dodged every single prudent question in this thread, and still attempt to regain some semblance of superiority. Can't answers a simple history question, can't articulate specific example of how pot in any use no matter how small is more dangerous than booze.. can't grasp that the war on drugs is an abysmal failure and it cannot be won. You cannot grasp that banning something because you "feel" it's dangerous is no different than anti-gun lobbyist wanting to ban certain features because they "feel" they're more frightening. You sound EXACTLY like Diane Feinstein on guns when you talk about pot " I've been to crime scenes (accidents). I've seen the bodies". No sir, you are a statist and people like that bitch Fienstein will DICTATE your morality and you're too oblivious to even see it.

Finally look at your responses compared to all those of the pro-freedom crowd here: Simplistic, immature, ad hominen, based in emotion.  Everybody else contributed well thought out and insightful perspectives based in research.. you offer links to satire sites, studies funded by alcohol commissions. 

Skip to 1:55 I swear it's you Jim: 

http://subtletv.com/baabfdQ/Senator_Ted_Cruz_questions_Dianne_Feinstein_on_gun_control

• Like 2

4473? What's that?

It's an example of how we have too many BS laws.

For some drugs and some guns.

Did I mention that Ibuprophen relaxes me but, I could kill myself with it?

My neighbor thinks that heroine should be legal. WTF?

There is almost always a middle ground.

I never bought the stepping stone theory of drug addiction, for the majority of mentally stable. users.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

What does the mouse mean?

LMAO

so I struck the nerve

go smoke your dope, pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how enlightened you are.

The stupid old people have nothing to teach you

Please direct to addressed post. Thanks! Edited by Sim_Player

No sir the only hypocrites on this thread are you and your self righteous clique. It's pretty plain that neither one of you two are Sherlock Holmes. Not that I really care what your opinion of me is, I'd have to respect you first. You're both disrespectful arrogant and ignorant willfully so, cognitive dissonance describes you very well. I think "pearls to swine" would be how your type would phrase it? 

Too bad, the world doesn't fit in your tiny perspective. You've dodged every single prudent question in this thread, and still attempt to regain some semblance of superiority. Can't answers a simple history question, can't articulate specific example of how pot in any use no matter how small is more dangerous than booze.. can't grasp that the war on drugs is an abysmal failure and it cannot be won. You cannot grasp that banning something because you "feel" it's dangerous is no different than anti-gun lobbyist wanting to ban certain features because they "feel" they're more frightening. You sound EXACTLY like Diane Feinstein on guns when you talk about pot " I've been to crime scenes (accidents). I've seen the bodies". No sir, you are a statist and people like that bitch Fienstein will DICTATE your morality and you're too oblivious to even see it.

Finally look at your responses compared to all those of the pro-freedom crowd here: Simplistic, immature, ad hominen, based in emotion.  Everybody else contributed well thought out and insightful perspectives based in research.. you offer links to satire sites, studies funded by alcohol commissions. 

http://subtletv.com/baabfdQ/Senator_Ted_Cruz_questions_Dianne_Feinstein_on_gun_control

There are likely plenty that can and would debate you based on facts on this forum. However many of us do not have the time nor the inclination to go "tit for tat" back and forth with someone who always has to have the last word.

Careful with the self righteous labels. I haven't seen too much humility from you on this forum, and you seem to think you are morally and mentally superior to everyone else who does not subscribe to your beliefs or argument. That has been evidenced over several threads now covering several different topics. You are obviously intelligent and I don't believe you are wrong on all accounts, but there are many on this forum that have years of first hand experience with subject matter that you would argue based on your own bias and Internet research (Do you really believe your sources are any more reliable than others posted in this thread?) With personal experience and involvement comes a unique perspective that you should have some respect for and not so easily dismiss as self righteousness imprinting outdated moral beliefs on society. Just my 2 cents in a thread where I have seen what long term recreational pot use does to people whom I love.

• Like 1

There are likely plenty that can and would debate you based on facts on this forum. However many of us do not have the time nor the inclination to go "tit for tat" back and forth with someone who always has to have the last word.

Careful with the self righteous labels. I haven't seen too much humility from you on this forum, and you seem to think you are morally and mentally superior to everyone else who does not subscribe to your beliefs or argument. That has been evidenced over several threads now covering several different topics. You are obviously intelligent and I don't believe you are wrong on all accounts, but there are many on this forum that have years of first hand experience with subject matter that you would argue based on your own bias and Internet research (Do you really believe your sources are any more reliable than others posted in this thread?) With personal experience and involvement comes a unique perspective that you should have some respect for and not so easily dismiss as self righteousness imprinting outdated moral beliefs on society. Just my 2 cents in a thread where I have seen what long term recreational pot use does to people whom I love.

Years of first hand experience of lives destroyed including children who will never get out of the poverty hole because of what their parents have done.

Finally look at your responses compared to all those of the pro-freedom crowd here: Simplistic, immature, ad hominen, based in emotion. Everybody else contributed well thought out and insightful perspectives based in research.. you offer links to satire sites, studies funded by alcohol commissions.

While I am strong in my convictions they're based by on what is measurable, definable, repeatable and I tend to believe we should error on the margin of freedom.

My "sources" include CDC,BJS,and FBI uniform crime reporting. They are all what any of us would call "anti drug", yet the death toll for pot just isn't there. Nobody here is saying we should ban alcohol despite the economic,and domestic havoc it's dependency wreaks on families.

No, nobody will address that...because almost everybody uses it and we accept the reality that addiction and abuse is in the hands of the individual. Nevermind 88,000 deaths annually.

Nevermind the socioeconomic impact is primarily caused by programs designed to prevent employment of users, legal action costing them, and stigma if legal action on their records that prevent them from being employable. You could apply those three methods to ANY substance, and effectively cause it to have a detrimental "socioeconomic"

No word on the 18th amendment and why it was repealed, no. That mustn't be mentioned.

Yes substance abuse, dependency ruins lives. Yet there's one we accept the risk of in the name of freedom, and one we vilify, in the name of CONTROL.

I'm not trying to look down my nose at anybody, but the condescending tone from Jim and his buddy there brought it upon themselves.

Thanks for the thoughtful response.

I hope somebody here will address the elephant of 18th amendment. Doubt it.

so do you lie on the form 4473 to buy guns?

Its pretty plain you are a user,

rat-single.jpg
Yup. "Oh no I cannot hold water in this argument! Quick think of a way to place this man under financial and physical duress, before my ego gets any more damaged! "

This is really obviously the reasoning to, since my video was in response to the equally bizarre and obscure video posted.

Eh, you know a bad apple is a bad apple.

Oh suddenly the Brady law is a good thing.

See how quickly he throws his hat in with Feinstein and Brady,as soon add he realizes he victimize citzens with it?

18th Amendment meant tax money in government coffers over a substance that society was going to use despite laws.  You can even find taxed corned whiskey these days.  I don't use the stuff myself as I prefer a clear mind of what I am perceiving.

Pot too is being taxed in those states where sale is permissible despite federal law.

By the way did you catch the strip dance of the national candidate for the Libertarian Party?  Now that's freedom.  Gross fat old man!