Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally, I'd rather smoke meat.

I just can't believe a member of THIS forum would post a topic with the INTENTION of "stirring up the pot" .   I'm aghast! Will someone please point me to the safe space?   Funny Fuckers.

My point wasn't to debate the findings, it was to illustrate how we accept one risk above another simply based on arbitrary dictate. You have no moral issue nor attach no social stigma to users of mi

Posted Images

Personally, I'd rather smoke meat.

And he works in that jail, with all those lonely, frustrated dudes....

Hmmm.....

But hey, to each his own!

Your just stupid!

• Like 3

Really guys?

You kinda walked into it.

I almost ran with it, but was distracted by the awesome smoker... and it was low hanging fruit.

Oh well. I guess we all have different tolerancea for low brow humor.

I reminded me of an exchange with a student when I was teaching jiu-jitsu.

He said something along the lines of the tight rash guards shirts I wrote being gay. I told him it was nothing compared to his skinny jeans.

Then hits me with "well you roll around on the ground with sweaty men for a living. Can't get much gayer than that. "

I said yes you can. You're paying money for me to roll around with you.

(Can't beat the teacha!)

I have no use for stoners or drunks, wont hire them, wont do business with them.

Wont piss on them if they were on fire

Such a good Christian.

I choose to associate with law abiding honest good people ,

Just because I wont associate with scum, dopers or drunks doesn't make me a bad Christian.

Lie with the dogs, you get up with fleas

• Like 1

I suppose some people come out of Junior high school level humor easier that others.

I think it's like Odd Man Out commented on the chewbacca lady thread.. he just enjoyed the fact somebody could find joy in something so simple.

I work with a lot of stuffy arrogant engineers now.. I love hanging with the shop guys and busting chops, not having to censor myself or respect anybody's safe space. You know, if they ain't talking shit to you, they don't like you. 

I work with a lot of stuffy arrogant engineers now.. I love hanging with the shop guys and busting chops, not having to censor myself or respect anybody's safe space. You know, if they ain't talking shit to you, they don't like you.

So much this. Where I work there is tons of trash talk and razzing, it's great! Nobody gets butthurt either.

I suppose some people come out of Junior high school level humor easier that others.

I think it's like Odd Man Out commented on the chewbacca lady thread.. he just enjoyed the fact somebody could find joy in something so simple.

And that's fine when you have a report with someone. To make a snide comment to someone you don't know is the best way to get your nose broken.

• Like 2

And that's fine when you have a report with someone. To make a snide comment to someone you don't know is the best way to get your nose broken.

I hear that, and maybe your line of work has hardened you to a different sociology, but even when I go to a job site and have to deal with some rowdy locals... a thick skin and laughing off a few shots and returning a few can really change directions of an encounter.And then again some people are just jerks.. I agree that it's better to get some report  before rousting somebody.. though online, I can't really be offended since it's only words in a box. 

Edited by poolingmyignorance

Stupid fuck is the second one that ever made my ignore list. That didn't take long.

+1

Christians have opinions too. I'm speaking for myself.

Yes, we reserve the F bomb for the worst.

Edited by Sim_Player

I hear that, and maybe your line of work has hardened you to a different sociology, but even when I go to a job site and have to deal with some rowdy locals... a thick skin and laughing off a few shots and returning a few can really change directions of an encounter.And then again some people are just jerks.. I agree that it's better to get some report  before rousting somebody.. though online, I can't really be offended since it's only words in a box.

I guess that is the problem here. It is all about you

• Like 3
unforgiven, on 29 May 2016 - 7:51 PM, said:

Mullet Man, on 29 May 2016 - 07:12 AM, said:

unforgiven, on 29 May 2016 - 01:16 AM, said:

I have no use for stoners or drunks, wont hire them, wont do business with them.

Wont piss on them if they were on fire

Such a good Christian.

I choose to associate with law abiding honest good people ,

Just because I wont associate with scum, dopers or drunks doesn't make me a bad Christian.

Lie with the dogs, you get up with fleas

Alcohol is illegal?

"Pot" is legal in some form, in half of the US now.

I like how you associate the two with scum and the extreme ends of "dopers and drunks".

Christian "tolerance" at it's finest.

Wrong again

Drinking in moderation, or enjoying a drink does not a drunk make.

using drugs as recreation is something else all together

Alcohol is a mind altering substance. It is by every scientific definition a drug

It impairs judgment,coordination, reaction time, speech, and eventually breathing and liver failure. It has long term detrimental effects on health.

It literally KILLS 88000 people a year. And you're worried about a substance that hasn't killed anybody EVER.

So by your logic (if you can call it that)if somebody enjoys an occasional beer, they're as guilty as an occasional joint.

No your only differentiation is federal law. You're about as hypocritical as they come. You just want to feel better than other people about your chosen vice.

So please explain how the occasional beer is better than the occasional joint aside from hypocrites whom want to destroy the lives of otherwise innocent people for doing what they choose to with their own body.

It's rhetorical question Jim. I already know you can't. This is really to me like trying to educate a liberal about arbitrary gun laws, while their being spoon fed what to think by official. Only difference was your indoctrination was by agencies that profit from assets forfeiture, and funding to combat the violent black market they created.

• Like 1

Wrong again

Alcohol is a mind altering substance. It is by every scientific definition a drug

It impairs judgment,coordination, reaction time, speech, and eventually breathing and liver failure. It has long term detrimental effects on health.

It literally KILLS 88000 people a year. And you're worried about a substance that hasn't killed anybody EVER.

So by your logic (if you can call it that)if somebody enjoys an occasional beer, they're as guilty as an occasional joint.

No your only differentiation is federal law. You're about as hypocritical as they come. You just want to feel better than other people about your chosen vice.

So please explain how the occasional beer is better than the occasional joint aside from hypocrites whom want to destroy the lives of otherwise innocent people for doing what they choose to with their own body.

It's rhetorical question Jim. I already know you can't. This is really to me like trying to educate a liberal about arbitrary gun laws, while their being spoon fed what to think by official. Only difference was your indoctrination was by agencies that profit from assets forfeiture, and funding to combat the violent black market they created.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-denver-deaths-tied-to-recreational-marijuana-use/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-179264/Cannabis-kills-30-000-year.html

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2015/03/third-death-in-colorado-linked-to-edible-marijuana/

Put that head back in the sand, Ostrich!

Staying on-topic would have been nice, but why start now? Let's let the pro-cannabinoids stay all emotional. 

Wrong again

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-denver-deaths-tied-to-recreational-marijuana-use/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-179264/Cannabis-kills-30-000-year.html

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2015/03/third-death-in-colorado-linked-to-edible-marijuana/

Staying on-topic would have been nice, but why start now? Let's let the pro-cannabinoids stay all emotional.

So you have 3 confirmed deaths.

And an article with about as half as much scientific evidence as the link you used to start this thread. Bravo.

Yes it's MY head in the sand.

88,000 deaths annual. But you're ok with those deaths. Are they less tragic? Are those deaths less important than those 3 people killed by suicide while on pot?

It's like the anti gun crowd going on about how guns killed 10,000 people.. but have ZERO issue with the 100,000 traffic deaths, or drownings. WE GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE GUNS!

You're in their camp. You just choose a different topic

• Like 1

Wrong again

And an article with about as half as much scientific evidence as the link you used to start this thread. Bravo.

88,000 deaths annual. But you're ok with those deaths. Are they less tragic? Are those deaths less important than those 3 people killed by suicide while on pot?

It's like the anti gun crowd going on about how guns killed 10,000 people.. but have ZERO issue with the 100,000 traffic deaths, or drownings. WE GOT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE GUNS!

. But you're ok with those deaths. Never said that. No one forced them to ingest that crap. That's on them, not me.

Are those deaths less important than those 3 people killed by suicide while on pot? Death is death. 

You're in their camp. You just choose a different topic Then, using your somewhat addled logic, Patton, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Reagan, Carter, Kennedy, Churchill are all in the same camp too.

By your "logic", it's obvious why it's called dope.

I'm finished with your nonsensical ramblings. Time to move on. Go back to your Doritos.

• Like 1

Wrong again

. But you're ok with those deaths. Never said that. No one forced them to ingest that crap. That's on them, not me.

Are those deaths less important than those 3 people killed by suicide while on pot? Death is death.

You're in their camp. You just choose a different topic Then, using your somewhat addled logic, Patton, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Reagan, Carter, Kennedy, Churchill are all in the same camp too.

I'm finished with your nonsensical ramblings. Time to move on. Go back to your Doritos.

But you don't believe that alcohol should be illegal. Despite the death it causes.

You believe that pot should be illegal because it caused 3 deaths, and some crack pots on pay role said it "might" (yet still hasn't for some reason).

The camp is the same one that Bloomberg is in wanting to ban sugary drinks because they cause obesityand obesity leads to health problems.

You were almost there "I didn't force them to put that stuff in their bodies" No, and nobody is going to force anybody to. But you cannot claim moral high ground supportingthe prohibition of a less dangerous substance, while having no issue, much less parking in the legality of another exponentially more destructive substance.

Finally you attempt again to offend me. You haven't made a valid point on this topic yet, so why the hell would I feel offended by somebody who's clearly losing ground?

Oh I bet you are done. You were done a long time ago.

Now go chugg some Natty light and try to convince your self how morally superior you are to other substance users, like yourself.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

Wrong again

. But you're ok with those deaths. Never said that. No one forced them to ingest that crap. That's on them, not me.

Are those deaths less important than those 3 people killed by suicide while on pot? Death is death.

You're in their camp. You just choose a different topic Then, using your somewhat addled logic, Patton, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, Reagan, Carter, Kennedy, Churchill are all in the same camp too.

But you don't believe that alcohol should be illegal. Despite the death it causes.

You believe that pot should be illegal because it caused 3 deaths, and some crack pots on pay role said it "might" (yet still hasn't for some reason).

No go chugg some Natty light and try to convince your self how morally superior you are to other substance users, like yourself.

There you go, putting words in my mouth again, Skippy.

You don't know WHAT I believe. That's just the voices in your head.

It's illegal. That's enough. So is converting your AK to FA. So is raping children.

Don't like it? Lobby to have the law changed.

If you REALLY want to make a stand, go sit in front of a police station huffing on a bong. Running your mouth does nothing but waste bandwidth.

BTW: I HATE beer.

It's called dope for a reason.

Edited by patriot

Wrong again

No go chugg some Natty light and try to convince your self how morally superior you are to other substance users, like yourself.

There you go, putting words in my mouth again, Skippy.

You don't know WHAT I believe. That's just the voices in your head.

It's illegal. That's enough. So is converting your AK to FA. So is raping children.

Don't like it? Lobby to have the law changed.

If you REALLY want to make a stand, go sit in front of a police station huffing on a bong. Running your mouth does nothing but waste bandwidth.

BTW: I HATE beer.

You cannot rape anybody, without violating somebody's right. Absurd comparison.

You know the FA laws are absurd. And you I'm sure with the rest of us are happy to explain to others why they're so absurd.

If something is legal and wrong, you don't participate. If something isn't wrong but illegal you educate people so they will lobby to remove laws designed only to create legal pitfall. Supporting those laws, and chastising those whom seek to educate others on the immorality, unethical nature of them makes YOU as immoral and unethical as the legislation itself.

If a man had just a beer and another just a joint.

Which would you trust your life with if it came to that?

This is a valid question and very much warrants a response.

I would say the guy who drank one beer. (assuming I've never met either individual, and have no idea of their capabilities outside what their uniform or ID indicates). Why?

Because a joint is multiple doses of THC for most people. Nobody smokes a 6pack of joints.. the smoke one, or have a six pack of beer (or less). So considering these factors it's the more easily determined effect.

Dosing, and determining level of intoxication is the one difficulty with pot on the legal spectrum. Since blood work and breathalyzers won't work for THC... perhaps only cognitive ability testing can be used.  Really should be for alcohol too, but lawyers like numeric values that can be established. For good reason sometimes. 

• Like 1