The media is winning, we need background checks for guns

I went to a family function yesterday and my aunt asked me what I was doing lately. We ended up on the subject of guns and she expressed her disdain for guns and the "fact" that gun dealers are not required to do background checks. I was taken aback. Does she really believe there are no background checks on guns? Yep, media said so. According to the media there are no background checks. I proceeded to attempt to educate her on the subject and let her know that any dealers who are not doing background checks for firearm sales/transfers, which are very few idiots/cavalier individuals, are indeed breaking the federal laws that are already in place and risking a federal prison sentence. I also informed her that in many of these situations where a firearm has been "legally acquired" before some sort of rampage the buyer has lied about one thing or another on the background check application. Sure, on occasion the FBI checkers drop the ball, however rare. She was apparently under the impression that there are not background checks and that anyone can just walk in, throw down the money, and walk right out with a gun. The problem, I think, is that many people, especially older individuals seem to think that if something is said by a "journalist" that is is complete and true. You know, "they can't say that on TV if it isn't true, can they?". The mental midgets and suckers have us surrounded and the media is winning the big fight, IMO. Educate the morons around you that you would likely have nothing to do with were you not blood/marriage related you when you have the opportunity. Get the word out.

Under her logic that was uncovered throughout our conversation (people get killed with them and there are too many of them, so we need background checks or they need to be banned), I could conclude that we need background checks or an all out ban on automobiles since a few people here and there run people over on purpose. If someone beats another to death with a Keilbasa then we need background checks or an all out ban on Keilbasa. I could go on and on with a ton of nonsensical examples based on her logic, which is apparently shared in abundance. 

• Like 6

Here's some logic for you.

Trying to stop violent crime by BANNING GUNS is just like trying to stop prostitution by BANNING SEX.

Always remember, leftist don't use logic, they argue and make decisions solely based in emotion. Logic, facts and statistics are generally wasted on them.

I don't think the liars are winning the argument. Look at gun and ammo sales nation wide, look at public opinion polls.

Typical leftist tactics, if the lie isn't working, ...TELL A BIGGER LIE!

• Like 5

There are pushing this exceptional hard now because, they know it may be another 8 years before they get another opportunity to pass something.

I'd love to see the gun industry take some form of legal action against media that slander them.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 5

The liberals should need permission before reproducing.

With as many going over to the other side now (because it's fashionable :rolleyes: ), they might become the minority too.

• Like 1

With as many going over to the other side now (because it's fashionable rolleyes.gif ), they might become the minority too.

We can only hope!

The libs are all pissed about Jenner wanting to be a man again too.http://www.huzlers.com/caitlyn-jenner-regrets-transformation-will-become-a-man-again-soon/

Snopes is all over it, reporting this as false. Snopes is known to be a liberal rag.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1

Had an ex-coworker who was under the same impression. Also had no clue that "silencers" and "machine guns" were heavily regulated. After an hour talk she actually called her husband and asked if he knew the facts. She is a democrat and said that she was told at a rally that background checks were basically voluntary and didn't even exist at gunshows.

There is a concerted effort between the gun opposition, Democratic Party, and the media to get guns regulated and lies are fair game. That said, their pressure and consistency with what appears to be viable arguments to the uneducated person as opposed to the ranting and raving by many gun proponents reinforces their stance of gun owners being hotheads and loose cannons. They have amazing orators and a public who will listen.

• Like 1

I am more curious Evl...how did your aunt react to her "education"? Hopefully positively and came out questioning everything the media has been feeding her all these years.

Oh, she didn't to hear it and wasn't about to believe it. She is a good hard working person, but her choices in life are undeniable proof that she isn't much of a logic person or a self-thinker. She stayed married to the same man since the teen years and all he did was sit at home, smoke dope, and read old comic books while she worked her ass off. He got kicked out of the Coast Guard when he was young, maybe 20-22, for smoking weed and finally stopped smoking weed when he died a couple of years ago at 50+. That bum was her night in shining armor though. I never understood it. Maybe he was packing a Keilbasa, lol.

With as many going over to the other side now (because it's fashionable rolleyes.gif ), they might become the minority too.

We can only hope!

The libs are all pissed about Jenner wanting to be a man again too.http://www.huzlers.com/caitlyn-jenner-regrets-transformation-will-become-a-man-again-soon/

Snopes is all over it, reporting this as false. Snopes is known to be a liberal rag.

Stop the presses! How is he going to get his junk back? I knew he would miss having a member, lol.

• Like 1

May want to have your aunt start paying attention to the events in Venezuela. The utopia the left espouses the US to become. Bernie Sanders was asked about this recently and refused to answer. The ignorant sheeple will collapse this country from within.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/05/venezuela-is-falling-apart/481755/

• Like 3

I am more curious Evl...how did your aunt react to her "education"? Hopefully positively and came out questioning everything the media has been feeding her all these years.

Oh, she didn't to hear it and wasn't about to believe it. She is a good hard working person, but her choices in life are undeniable proof that she isn't much of a logic person or a self-thinker. She stayed married to the same man since the teen years and all he did was sit at home, smoke dope, and read old comic books while she worked her ass off. He got kicked out of the Coast Guard when he was young, maybe 20-22, for smoking weed and finally stopped smoking weed when he died a couple of years ago at 50+. That bum was her night in shining armor though. I never understood it. Maybe he was packing a Keilbasa, lol.

We can only hope!

Stop the presses! How is he going to get his junk back? I knew he would miss having a member, lol.

Walmart sells hot dogs and duct tape. Be about as usable as anything a Dr. could do for it at this point

• Like 1

My ex-Cali. neighbor told me about a coworker that had his male parts cut off and he kept them in jars showing them off to guests.

I told her, "That's called mental illness."

Some really weird stuff being acceptable by Progressive Liberals.

Wait until they chip away at the definintion of a child.

They aren't limited by a common morality.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Jenner might just not want to die of everything cancer due to estrogen treatment. and if they did go all the way might as well keep the lady pocket at this point like that bloke did since the only pork sword you can get bad is purely ceremonial.

My ex-Cali. neighbor told me about a coworker that had his male parts cut off and he kept them in jars showing them off to guests.

I told her, "That's called mental illness."

Some really weird stuff being acceptable by Progressive Liberals.

Wait until they chip away at the definintion of a child.

Sick Pervs.

fuck my life

I'll continue to see Homestuck as Obama's true legacy but I think all this is almost as unerringly terrible.

Wow, did the makers of Homestruck mimic the New and Old Testaments?

The Beta being the New Testament (how the world ends.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestuck

Never heard of it but, I think I might have been fan!

Edited by Sim_Player