Watching the latest AKOU video they showed a new micro sight from Primary Arms and Holosun that has an ACSS CQB reticle.  Robski calls it a game changer.  I think it might be exactly that.

I had to order one to see for myself.

It can be used with the horseshoe turned on or off.

It comes with a lower 1/3 AR riser and no mention of a low mount so I assume it doesn't come with one.  Robski put it on an RSR mount and PA put out a video showing it on an Ultimak rail so clearly an Aimpoint pattern.

I plan to use it on the WASR.

post-4831-0-84109700-1464615881_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-69969900-1464615897_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-80531600-1464615890.jpg

post-4831-0-92219200-1464616364_thumb.jpg

Part number HS503G

• Like 4

These do look cool and I'm already a big fan of the MDS.   Check out the ARMS #31 mount, which should work perfectly and give you both a nice cowitness and QD at the same time.  I have several of these mounts and the work great.

• Like 1

Any time there is a thread about any optic other than an Aimpoint or Trijicon there will always be that guy who announces he'd never use anything but Aimpoint or Trijicon.

It doesn't matter how many tests have proven how good the latest PA and Holosun micros are.

Yes yes, we all know cool guys only use Aimpoint and Trijicon and everything else is JUNK.  And if we forget they'll be happy to remind us.

Us uncool guys will just use what works and doesn't break the bank. 

This is cool ,let us know how it works

Definitely.

These do look cool and I'm already a big fan of the MDS.   Check out the ARMS #31 mount, which should work perfectly and give you both a nice cowitness and QD at the same time.  I have several of these mounts and the work great.

I have a few low mounts I can use.

• Like 1

Any time there is a thread about any optic other than an Aimpoint or Trijicon there will always be that guy who announces he'd never use anything but Aimpoint or Trijicon.

It doesn't matter how many tests have proven how good the latest PA and Holosun micros are.

Yes yes, we all know cool guys only use Aimpoint and Trijicon and everything else is JUNK. And if we forget they'll be happy to remind us.

Just saying. Reticle is neat.

LOL cool guy with an Aimpoint here. You continue using what "works", carry on.

Edited by Mullet Man

My youngest son, 6 now helped me find a small bolt I dropped on the ground. He hands it to me and says " well dad, you still have Eagle eyes, their just OLD Eagle eyes"

Never been real fond of RD sights but these do look interesting for my old Eagle eyes. Might just have to give it a try.

• Like 2

This is far more appealing to me than the fat dots or the eotech blob. I like and use hashmarks for BDC, even if they don't exactly match my projectile, they provide a reference, however I find most red dot or holo sights to be cluttered. My eyes suck now, so less stuff obscuring my view is better. 

pretty much on anything if I own it, chances are it's outdated, if it works I keep using it, if it breaks I get something like it as cheap as possible. I really prefer a 1 to 4 scope over a red dot, but all I shoot is paper so all I'm set up to do is get in a fight with Dunder Mifflin.

post-26137-0-11169300-1464741201.jpg

• Like 1

Sight came today.  Initial impressions.

It comes in a hard plastic box and it includes both the lower 1/3 AR riser and the low mount.  Nice.

From the perspective of a 50+ guy with astigmatism in both eyes...

The chevron is tiny.  My eyes are too crappy to resolve it.  It just looks like a little smear.   

The aiming dots below the chevron are even tinier.  Tiny smears.

Using the pinhole method I confirmed that the chevron and dots are sharp and clear so it's definitely my eyes that are the problem.

The horseshoe is just about the perfect size.  Large enough not to be in the way of your target but small enough for the sight to be used on a forward rail.

Unfortunately my eyes are not going to allow me to use it as planned.  I could still put it on the WASR but I feel half of it's capability would be wasted due to my shitty eyes.  So I think I'll put it on my 16" AR and stick a 3X magnifier behind it.

post-4831-0-41514200-1464964471_thumb.jpg

I wasn't able to get a good picture of the reticle but here's one showing the size of the reticle if you have the camera pressed to the back of the sight.  The farther away your eye is the smaller the sight looks but the reticle stays the same.

post-4831-0-26877500-1464964595_thumb.jpg

For reference, this is what it looks like if you have it mounted on a forward rail.  The emitter is on the left and it's not noticeable when the sight is within 6" of your eye, but it is noticeable when using the sight on a forward rail. 

post-4831-0-13951600-1464964707_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

I'll keep it.  With a magnifier helping me see both reticle and target I'm sure I'll love it.

But Primary Arms still has them in stock, and they had mine to me in 4 days.

yep the 60 something year old eyes in my head are what moved me away from dots and more to something with magnification.

for me anymore the only thing worse than a dot is open sights.

I can't sing or play a piano but open sights get me doing a great impression of Stevie Wonder.

• Like 2

Tried it outside in daylight and it's much better.  I can resolve the chevron.  Not perfect but good enough.

I put it on the WASR in place of the MD-ADS as was my original plan.

yep the 60 something year old eyes in my head are what moved me away from dots and more to something with magnification.

for me anymore the only thing worse than a dot is open sights.

I can't sing or play a piano but open sights get me doing a great impression of Stevie Wonder.

I know what you mean.  I was trying to zero the irons on my Galil last weekend.  Not so good.

Edited by Darth Saigus

Hello

I don't know if they "invented" it, but IOR optics have featured those horseshoe CQB reticles w/ranging chevrons for many years. One of my favorite scopes is a 1.1-4 with that CQB reticle and a buttload of adjustable illumination. Kinda heavy, but otherwise excellent. I think I scored it for like $300.00 w/ GG&G base off Ebay 7 or 8 years ago.

I've also scored a few of those little R/D's from Primary Arms. Haven't had a chance to use them yet, but I have no doubt they will perform as flawlessly as the previous P/A stuff I've got.

-Guido in TX

At first this may seem like no big deal.  CQB reticles have been around a long time.  Yes, lots of companies have had every reticle under the sun forever.  I love the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6X with the BDC CQB reticle.  I have 3 of them. 

What's different about this is it's a micro, rds sight.  You get the advantages of a micro sight and the advantages of the ACSS reticle.  That's what's new. 

I thought the MD-ADS was hot shit when it came out.  A reasonably priced micro with 50k battery life that can take a beating. 

Now this makes them seem like yesterday's news.

And then there's this...

When I took off the turret caps to adjust the sight, I was surprised to see the wheel is completely blank.  I thought maybe they were in such a rush to get these out to market they forgot the markings.  I didn't even notice until today that the markings are inside the cap.

Yes of course it's in the manual, but RMDRM.

post-4831-0-10054100-1465065281_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-23913900-1465065299_thumb.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

I saw a story about the guy who runs the Chopping Block youtube channel dunking his 503G in the river and it fogged up.

So I decided to dunk mine.  If it's not properly sealed, better to know now than later.

I decided an hour was enough of a test for my own peace of mind.

No sign of moisture after the test.

post-4831-0-50651000-1465689960_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-49470600-1465689978_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-62607300-1465689990_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-83231700-1465690011_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-46521400-1465690029_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-84497500-1465690053_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

My Red Dot is most certainly not obsolete compared to this product that appears to be made in China. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice affordable red dot, but come on. You really would choose this over an Israeli, Swede or American reflex or red dot?

Auto Shut Off and Turn On.

Yeah, it does that too. I didn't even realize it because it turns on so fast when you move it.

I'm actually not happy about that. Something else to fail.

Edited by Darth Saigus

My Red Dot is most certainly not obsolete compared to this product that appears to be made in China. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice affordable red dot, but come on. You really would choose this over an Israeli, Swede or American reflex or red dot?

Because not all of us are millionaires.

• Like 1

Yes yes, we all know cool guys only use Aimpoint and Trijicon and everything else is JUNK.  And if we forget they'll be happy to remind us.

Well, since it is cheap junk you can afford to buy 3 of them for the price of an Aimpoint with mount and if two fail you still have an optic wink.png

I wish my right eye was better so I could see the detail of the BDRs. My old Aimpoint T1 is blurry to me too. I think this is going to be much better on a shotgun than anything else that I am aware of. It eliminates the need for a large dot for shot loads and is still good for slug use. I could see it being the go to affordable optic for shotguns.

post-22401-0-51511100-1465993864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Seriously? You didn't expect a little shit after asking us if our optics were obsolete and then showing us a cheap chinese red dot? Fucking outstanding. Douche the sand out of your vagina and grow thicker skin.

I work for a living.

I think the OP was referring more to the reticule. And if something is cheap but well built, it's called "high-value". Something that's important to those of us that are working but not dripping with spare money. Put some finer grit sandpaper on that tongue buddy.