Here is the results of the attempt to fix the POS47 that Robski tested.

To summarize, he installed a new bolt to fix the headspace.  It closed on a go gauge but wouldn't close on a no go.  Exactly what you want.  20 rounds later it closes on the no go.  POS47 trunion is made from shit metal.

Excellent video and thank you.  Frighting.  Is the AK something Century built?  Assembled?  Wow and wow.  No wonder they are being sued for other stuff.  Something smells rotten in the Kingdom of Denmark .... or in this case Century Arms.  Where is their quality control?  Yep ... sounds like a carrier through the head situation? Or at least brass in the eyes?  Do they even still have liability insurance?  Or have they been canceled?  Dunno.

PS:  We were taught to check at least 10 times rotating the head space gage each time for a complete circle.  He also may have pushed way too hard. I also wonder if he cast the chamber?  Also I so not see any Prussian Blue remains on the bolt and trunion when he check the bolt lug engagement?  But in this case he did Rockwell check the stuff.  Only 20 rounds.  Not 10,000 rounds.  Not good at all.   I just learned a bunch.  Thank you.

Scary when you shoot left handed.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

That is what I was waiting on.

One corner they should not have cut. Hell that trunnion is the heart of the rifle.

Would not touch one now for anything, still might consider the milled version but I dont want or need another AK.

Ruskies had similar problems back in the 1950s not sure why CAI thought that lesson was not worth learning.