well, i have a AAC evo 9mm can with newer style baffles in it, cause i had it "jailbroken" and the alignment pin at the back broke,  and a SWR spectre with spectre 2 baffles in it cause i melted it down with 556 fire.... 

my question is,  which 30 cal silencer should i  get? modular, able to take up to 45 cal? or just go dedicated with that new hawtness sig? or cheap with the AAC Sd? Scar? i want to send in for a 30 cal before this new rule takes effect, i have a trust already, want  to name some family and maybe friends?

thoughts?

I bought an AAC SDN-6 last year.  I like it so much, about a month and a half ago I bought the Silencerco Saker that I should have bought in the first place...  The AAC can itself is fine, but the 51T mounting system is garbage.  I have 4 different rifles set up with the mounts for it...  On only one of them can it be said to lock up tight.  That rifle (300 blk SBR) exhibits good accuracy with the can, and little to no POI shift when installing or removing it.  The worst (Saiga .308) actually started out as the best fitting mount, but over only a few boxes worth of ammo, the can loosened up on that mount (yeah, which mounts are best changes with use), and the groups grew, and POI shift became much worse.  Too bad, because the can really tames the blast and the noise of the 16" .308.  The other two rifles are somewhere in between.  One of those mounts was initially too loose and had the same sorts of problems as the .308 now does, but it tightened up some with enough use, and it only has a little wiggle now.

What's interesting is people with the 51T MAAD unit for their Saker says it mounts up on AAC's 51T mounts better than AAC's own cans, since Silencerco's mechanism works differently.  I hope that is true.  I'll probably dedicate the SDN-6 to the one rifle that seems to like it the best, since fit with that mount has stayed stable, and use the Saker with the others, even if I have to change out all my mounts to a different system.  Nice thing about the Saker is you have options...  It will accept MAAD units for 5 different mounting systems.

All that said, if you are looking for a LIGHT can, the Silencerco Omega seems to be the current hotness.

Dunno about thirties.  We are very happy with our Elite Iron Echo 6 Inch ,22rf cans.  Elite Iron also now makes something called a .22 to..30 cal "Battle Dog" short 6" can that seems to work great for rifles?

Edited by HB.  Maybe it is 4"?

Edited by HB of CJ

eFile a Form 1 and build a titanium can.  There are a lot of very high quality parts you can use, and they work great.  I have two, with three stamps pending.  

Check out the form1suppressor forum.