Lowers are manufactured here, as I understand it. You might call them and see if they will sell them ala carte.

hmmmmm im about to!!!

talking to them now, wont sell just the upper... sad.png

however, he said its basically a dpms lower, with a few mods, so could buy the whole gun (this is me, not his words/ideas) sell the other lower, get a virgin lower and build up a "firearm".....with a rifle buffer and a 10" barrel probably!!! TIIIIIITS!

Edited by saltydecimator

That is not a typical gas tube. These are not gas impingement. They are piston driven. 

I have the Adams Arms piston AR and its very smooth not to mention way cleaner as you dont get the spent gas discharge in the BCG area. That being said I will need to determine if the fore grip needs to me changed for something a bit more solid where the gas is vented. 

Lowers are manufactured here, as I understand it. You might call them and see if they will sell them ala carte.

hmmmmm im about to!!!

however, he said its basically a dpms lower, with a few mods, so could buy the whole gun (this is me, not his words/ideas) sell the other lower, get a virgin lower and build up a "firearm".....with a rifle buffer and a 10" barrel probably!!! TIIIIIITS!

Thats awesome! You mean a pistol buffer though, right?

I have a stripped PSA-10 lower. I wonder if I can make that work...

So it must be a proprietary reciever extension then? I really don't know anything about this platform yet but I want to learn.

No. It has a regular collapsible AR15 extension.

The first 2 we got, a regular AR buffer tube would not work, it was too tight to thread in.

Haven't checked the latest ones.

Edited by toothandnail

We just got the XTR-12

#189.

From what I'm told it is very well built. There are a couple draw backs.

The charging handle and the non captured piston rod.

The charging handle can be easily changed as the hook latches can be changed out or eliminate one side.

I did see a Phase 5 bolt catch/ release lever that says it fits a AR10. 

The mag that comes with the unit is pretty impressive after dealing with the Saiga one for so long.

We hope to get it to the range and get some rounds through it in all sort of rate of fire.

We just got the XTR-12

#189.

From what I'm told it is very well built. There are a couple draw backs.

The charging handle and the non captured piston rod.

The charging handle can be easily changed as the hook latches can be changed out or eliminate one side.

I did see a Phase 5 bolt catch/ release lever that says it fits a AR10. 

The mag that comes with the unit is pretty impressive after dealing with the Saiga one for so long.

We hope to get it to the range and get some rounds through it in all sort of rate of fire.

The op rod jingles around quite loudly so you know you are empty. Think of it as the dinner bell.

hmmmmm im about to!!!

Thats awesome! You mean a pistol buffer though, right?

I have a stripped PSA-10 lower. I wonder if I can make that work...

no rifle as its longer and therefore can have a shorter barrel.... but itsounds like some parts are different?

• 2 months later...