• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TJ'S last pet scan came back clean..   He's been fighting ewing sarcoma for 7 years and he's only 26...

I'm 52, and just bought my first house.  In the process of moving, my 2002 Green Pig Isuzu bit the bullet, and I got a 2014 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Lone Star edition.  After the first night in our new home

Start new job tomorrow. Ultimately the school district decided they didn't need another history teacher, so instead I applied in their accounting office and landed an accounting position that pays mo

Posted Images

Attended an Appleseed Known Distance shoot at the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park.
A world class shooting range, great place, but I digress.

I learned a lot about the intricacies of shooting past 300 yards.
Ranging targets using front sight/reticle, reading wind and windage, establishing a range card for each rifle(come-ups/windage) and getting thoroughly acquainted with my M1A.
I can now consistently hit a standard 600 yard 6 MOA target using my iron sights.
And anything inside battle zero is toast.
I'm not talking fine accuracy, I'm talking Minute of Man.

Every time I've attended a CMP or Appleseed I've learned and improved as a Rifleman.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 3

Every day on the GREEN side of the grass is a GOOD one!

That was my thought when I came here.

You beat me to it!

We are still on this side of the ground!

Make every day have meaning.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

I'm 52, and just bought my first house.  In the process of moving, my 2002 Green Pig Isuzu bit the bullet, and I got a 2014 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Lone Star edition.  After the first night in our new home, both of my daughters gave me a big hug and said thank you Dad for the wonderful new home.

I was driving my daughter to her old school (last day of school and to clean up the old house) when the Green Pig died.  We had to walk almost 2 miles to school.  You know, that was the best damn 2 miles I have walked in a long time!

Yeah, life is good. 

• Like 8

+Got a great girlfriend.

+I get to eat.

+Yesterday I figured out the gremlin that was keeping me off my motorcycle for the last month of lovely riding weather. A crusty O-ring in the accursed vacuum operated fuel valve caused intermittent fuel starvation and tough starting. The intermittent part made diagnosis take a long time and a lot of hassle. Pulled it out and things just work. I would love to find a basic On-Off-Reserve fuel valve with enough flow for a reasonable price and just downgrade the sucker.

+I'm running for elected office, and people are taking me seriously enough to help with time, money, and knowledge on a daily basis. It's humbling, intimidating and a huge amount of work. I planned to do this maybe 4 years from now, but this year has two of 3 seats open, and is a golden opportunity to get a majority hold on local govt, and actually curtail spending. Not having free time can be a blessing too.

• Like 7

On a positive note for me, my daughter and granddaughter came into town. They scored first class flight on my passes.

Granddaughter will be in town for 7 weeks doing a summer intensive with the Houston Ballet. Mom goes home Monday, so I have plenty of time to spoil my granddaughter when the ballet company gives her free time.

• Like 2

My daughter graduated from kindergarten and can safely operate her pink daisy BB gun and hit a target at 10m. My son can finally pull the trigger on his old US made daisy bb gun but likes to waive it around like a baton.

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 4

Went out this morning (Fathers Day) with a good buddy, also a dad, to test a brand new Saiga .223 build. While at the range, a little gal who was there got on the end of it, sent 10 rounds downrange, and just squealed with delight. That made the whole morning brighter! I love Father's Day!

• Like 5