• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TJ'S last pet scan came back clean..   He's been fighting ewing sarcoma for 7 years and he's only 26...

I'm 52, and just bought my first house.  In the process of moving, my 2002 Green Pig Isuzu bit the bullet, and I got a 2014 Dodge Ram Crew Cab Lone Star edition.  After the first night in our new home

Start new job tomorrow. Ultimately the school district decided they didn't need another history teacher, so instead I applied in their accounting office and landed an accounting position that pays mo

Posted Images

Lost the primary yesterday. That means:

I get free time back. Or more likely work time. I get to not have 6 a.m. meetings. I got to know a lot of people who actually care enough about my community to do something rather than simply complain. I know a lot more about the good and bad character of the shakey movers so I can win or help someone else win in whatever the next thing is. 

And hopefully I get to not hear people call me a 'politician'. (The punishment for being willing to serve people and solve the problems they are complaining about.)

Start new job tomorrow. Ultimately the school district decided they didn't need another history teacher, so instead I applied in their accounting office and landed an accounting position that pays more than a teacher. Yeah, I have to work a few more days than teachers, but I won't be dealing with kids and parents. God willing, this will work out well.

• Like 7

I get free time back. Or more likely work time. I get to not have 6 a.m. meetings. I got to know a lot of people who actually care enough about my community to do something rather than simply complain. I know a lot more about the good and bad character of the shakey movers so I can win or help someone else win in whatever the next thing is. 

And hopefully I get to not hear people call me a 'politician'. (The punishment for being willing to serve people and solve the problems they are complaining about.)

Next time you run lie a little bit it seems to work for most of them ha ha

• Like 1

Next time you run lie a little bit it seems to work for most of them ha ha

Nope. But I will get a head start on a few things next time around. Also, people tell me a lot of the shady stuff that goes on and some of the good stuff too. I'm becoming better informed by putting my hat in the ring.

Just bought a glock 43 single stack 9mm and it shoots great. 1st 30 rds shot with no malfunctions and just as accurate as my 17 and 26. Its my new ccw just gotta decide what holster. A new gun is always a positive! 

I just bought an M&P Shield 9mm. Here is the Glock 43 version of the holster I'm thinking of going with. Good reviews and the price is right. https://www.amazon.com/Glock-Holster-Veteran-Owned-Company/dp/B01DMMKUFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470103347&sr=8-1&keywords=cya+supply+co.+glock+43

Thanks i will check it out.  Right now I am leaning towards a recluse pocket holster since that is what i am used to but if i go iwb that looks good. 

Extremely hot in SW OR USA.  Either 111F or 116F, depending upon the supposedly accurate official weather thermometer locations.  But ... finally turned on the available A/C and it is great.  Cold iced tea.  Cool showers.  A place to chill out.  Life is good.  :)

Have looked for a small and inexpensive 4WD so I can head out on the desert to shoot when I want to. Been looking for about five years with no luck. Picked up a '89 sidekick for only $800. Only needed new rubber and a tune up. Weekend shooting here I come!

Edited by The Deacon
  • Like 3