GUYS,   

ANYBODY ELSE HEAR ANYTHING ON THIS?

GO TO THE ONLINE ARTICLE, AND CHECK THE COMMENTS; PEOPLE ARE MAKING SERIOUS THREATS.   

JESS1344

EBT Card Outage? 8 Days Into June And Many Americans Are Still Waiting For Food Stamp Money

picture-5.jpg
by Tyler Durden - Jun 9, 2016 5:32 PM
Widespread reports continue to pour in from all over the nation of “glitches” with the food stamp system.  It is eight days into the month and large numbers of people still have not received their benefits, and in other instances it is being reported that EBT cards are simply not working correctly.  So what in the world is going on here?  On downdetector.com there are scores of reports of problems with the EBT system from people all over the nation.  Could this simply be another example of government incompetence, or is something else at work here?
I had heard some rumblings about this over the past few days, but I had not really taken them seriously until I read an article from highly respected author Ray Gano

It interesting over the weekend I got several emails telling me about cell phones being down, internet being down, and get this, EBT cards not working and having no money associated to them.

This is a concern because when the US Government has payment failures, then there is possibly something happening that the press is not telling you about.

Now, we know that computers have problems and that states, counties and cities run on computers. But what is interesting is that since the beginning of 2016, The US government has had over 2,700 reports on
showing that they have been late loading the money onto these EBT cards.

Folks, we are now going on 8 days where the Government has not paid the EBT payments so that people have food

So I went over to downdetector.com myself, and I was stunned to see that reports of EBT outages continue to pour in every hour.  Here are just a few of the recent comments that have been left by people that are still waiting for their food stamp benefits for June…

Heidi Lynn: I was supposed to get mine on the 5th and still nothing. Even ebt NJ site says $0 as well as my EBT card says $0. I’m on disability. I forgot to add I tried calling NJ Board of Services and was on hold for over an hour. I had to hang up to take dog out, etc. Does anyone know what’s going on yet?

Ann Wilson: Now that it’s been a whole week since I was supposed to get my June benefits, and haven’t, I’m planning on going to my Illinois FCRC office. I hope they will be able to fix this difficulty.

Jenn Johnson: I always get mine on time. I was due to get mine today June 7th and nothing. I am from kentucky. Why is there nothing on the news about this?

Jarrett Manhart: Havnt received mine either. They are never late. And my fone is off so i cant call em. Im on Wi-Fi down the street from me.

Sunny Nicole Jones: I haven’t gotten mine either! I’m glad it’s not just me though because then I would really be worried!

But when I went to confirm these widespread outages with articles from the mainstream media, I came up empty.

Either the mainstream media does not know what is going on yet, or it is being ignored.
If you have not gotten your EBT benefits for this month yet or you know someone that is in that position, please feel free to let me know.  I want to get to the bottom of this.  There are people all over the nation that are reporting problems with the food stamp system, but nobody seems to know exactly how widespread this issue is just yet.
Today there are well over 40 million Americans on food stamps, and a lot of them would start rioting tomorrow if you told them that their food stamp cards were being turned off permanently.
EBT cards are the modern equivalent of the bread lines of the 1930s.  Instead of having to wait in long lines for food, the government just zaps money on to EBT cards each month, and those that are hurting are able to get something to eat.
But down in Venezuela, extremely long food lines are a daily reality for much of the population right now.  The following comes from the Daily Mail

Venezuela was once South America’s richest nation, but a fall in oil prices combined with other economic problems has led to desperate citizens taking drastic measures.

Nearly half of Venezuelans say they can no longer afford to eat three meals a day
, according to a recent poll by the local firm Venebarometro. The poll surveyed 1,200 adults at their homes during the first week of April and had a margin of error of plus or minus of about two percentage points

Those who can, cross the border into Colombia to buy, bring back and then use or sell food and other basic commodities.

Could you imagine not being able to provide three meals a day for your family any longer?
Close to half the population of Venezuela is already in that position, and the economic collapse down there grows worse with each passing day.
Most Americans just assume that nothing like that could ever happen here.
Most Americans just assume that the government will always have plenty of money to give out.
As I mentioned above, there are well over 40 million Americans that receive EBT benefits.
However, when you factor in all government programs, more than 100 million Americans get some form of money or benefits from the federal government each month.
So what would happen someday if suddenly the spigot was turned off?
What would those 100 million people do?
How would they survive?
Hopefully this current EBT outage is just a temporary technical glitch, and hopefully the government will get it fixed in short order.
But someday there will be a major crisis that will cause food stamp benefits to be cut off either permanently or for an extended period of time.
When that day arrives, what will that do to our communities?
This is coming soon...

As SHTFPlan.com's Mac Slavo notes, this isn’t the first such incident and it certainly won’t be the last as an evermore impoverished populace becomes increasingly dependent on government handouts.
In 2013 we reported that the EBT card acceptance system in 16 states crashed, leaving thousands with no way to put food on their dinner tables. As further evidence of what may happen following a widespread outage wherein those on government assistance have no way of buying food and other necessities, consider what this woman had to say:

I go to the register and they ask me “how you going to pay.”

I said with food stamps.

“Oh, we’re shut down, you can’t pay with food stamps.”

I got kids to feed. You know?

And because the government’s down I can’t feed my family?

What’s going on with America? Now they trying to starve us to death?

…This is crazy

…I got six kids I have to feed.

I’m just trying to figure out how to get something to eat.

Comment viewing options
Edited by JESS1344
  • Like 1

Wow.  On Wednesday, 8 June, 2016, in SW OR USA, our local friendly bank's ATM machine was down.  I had to go inside to get out some of MY MONEY out of the checking account.  They said the ATM was down all over.  I do not know how wide spread it was or whom it affected.  The very nice young lady who helped me, (we know all the bank people) was having trouble accessing the computer stuff.  Will advise.

It is true the EBT has replaced the "bread lines" of the 30's. It wouldn't look good on tv.

Almost 1/3 of the American population is not working, now.

I am worried about the small bit of savings that I do have in computer binary.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Couple of ways to view this.  The first and rational way is to just acknowledge the naggy fact that for awhile you could NOT get YOUR cash money out of YOUR ATM.  This is not food stamp stuff.  This is only about banks showing just the tip of the iceberg and exhibiting initial symptoms indicating the coming international credit crisis along with the concurrent on going fractional cash banking system weaknesses.

Or .... this slight tremor we just felt was in fact the ship side swiping that big iceberg and we have less than 2 hours before we all die horribly.  Pick your poison.  Either Or.  Or ... it could be something else totally unrelated to anything at hand and should just be ignored completely and get along with your perfect life; move along nothing to see here.  Wow!  I know I am paranoid.  The question, am I paranoid enough?  Yikes!

• Like 2

Oh look, another fake news story getting passed around the internet.

Got something on this because everything I check out confirms it.

Some serious sounds from the rafters this week on a lot of fairly dispersed reports, if you know of some falsity here at least give some links.

Keep some cash on hand, keep the gas full guys, never hurts. 

• Like 1

Cash, gold, silver, brass, powder, primers, bullets.  If they don't buy you something they will get you something.  Also having a bike would be smart even if you dont ride, check the tires keep it lubed and you will have your own powered way to get out of dodge.  Have a kids trailer also helps to haul your gear.

Does not really matter if the news was bogus or not.  News nowadays is more about perception rather than substance.  Might be testing the waters.  Might not be.  What is done is done and done.

Yep ... One month running in cash on hand.  Everything you need for 30 days.  Preferably one year but I am not religious.  Multiple diverse caches and some way of securing them.  A little gold and silver.

Several examples each of barter able items.  Easy to search the net for what worked in Argentina, Greece and now Venezuela.  Consider the deflationary collapse models. Some guns and ammo.

I suppose it is mostly going to be mindset.  That plus those with the wherewithal to understand what is coming and get ready and those without a clue and caught with bare cupboards.  Will be scary.

We probably will not experience some concerted major terrorist event like a big EMP, Internet attack or violent attacks; our economy will just coming crashing down from its own non sustainability

The triggers?  Credit crisis.  Bank crisis's and holidays.  Watch the Fed closely.  The whole thing could collapse with half a day.  We will receive no warning.  A early symptom might be cell service failure?

ATM machines not working?  A strange news blackout?  Then a major stock market slip and suspended trading?  Then the bond market?  But by then it will be too late.  The ship has already hit the iceberg.

When the EBT cards no longer work we are going to be in for a very bumpy ride.  Fashion your seat belts real tight.  Understand that by then nobody will be around to help anyone.  You gotta do it yourself.

This story is completely fake bullshit.

If the fact that the "author" is listed as the narrator from the movie Fight Club's alter ego didn't tip you off....

Well...

I've got a great bridge to sell you. Would you like to know more? 

Zero Hedge has been around since 2009 and is a legit if opinionated source.

Tyler Durden is a consolidation of three contributors and many of their works have appeared here without anyone contesting the source since it was pretty well known to be true.

The problems with the Baltic Dry Index was first made very public on the site since MM ignored the report, one among many.

Since the linked sources for the story are easily confirmed I have to ask... who are you shilling for now? Bloomberg?

This is not the Onion and while controversial they do not post made up stories... can the same be said of Fox? MSNBC? CNN? Kattie Couric? 

It's bullshit.  I don't have to prove it's bullshit.  If EBT cards weren't working all month the whole country would be on fire by now.

There is one "source" for this story repeated on dozens of sites that don't bother to check it.

Yes the whole system is doomed to fail and it's going to be bad when it does.  Yes have food and water and supplies.  Yes have cash.  Have barter goods.  

But bullshit is bullshit.

• Like 2

It's bullshit.  I don't have to prove it's bullshit.  If EBT cards weren't working all month the whole country would be on fire by now.

There is one "source" for this story repeated on dozens of sites that don't bother to check it.

Yes the whole system is doomed to fail and it's going to be bad when it does.  Yes have food and water and supplies.  Yes have cash.  Have barter goods.  

But bullshit is bullshit.

Thank you. 

All this talk of "news being about perception" and "testing the waters" and "easily confirmed"....talk about reaching for a fantasy!