Might as well get a thread going.

This morning when I saw the story I went to SGAmmo and ordered a case of Wolf Gold.  Site was working fine.  Banner up top said orders placed now will be shipped Monday the 13th.  Standard for SGA.

Just now I went back to SGA and it's taking me multiple tries to get a page to load.  Guessing traffic is way up.  The new message is orders placed now will be shipped Wednesday the 15th.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prepping for real life emergencies is really easy when done in gradual steps. I'm not talking teotwawki, real life, unemployment, natural disaster, short term disability and such.   $$$ stash $500,

I have a few 50 rnd boxes of 22lr       Why could I possibly  need anything more?

Cases of Wolf Gold are now gone.  500rd cans still in stock atm.

Golden Tiger is still in stock.  I guess AK guys don't panic as easy as AR guys. 

haha.gif

Wish I had the money for a 960rd case of Hirtenberger .308.

I put together a shopping list the other day, it was $2900 +/- with S/H, and that was just at SGAmmo.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

I can't even get on the SGAmmo site.The connection keeps timing out and I get a message saying "this site cannot be reached". That's the first time I've ever had that happen.They must have some seriously heavy traffic.   

Edited by scattergun10

Oddly, Cheaper than dirt does not seem to be jacking prices yet. Again very odd for them.

Several other sites have already increased by 30%, I would guess by tomorrow morning that no common calibers will be in stock..

A lot of people spend sunday away from home, expect them to add to the frenzy at about 6-8 pm.

• Like 1

I just got back from Wal-Mart and they had a few 525 round boxes of Remington golden bullets on the shelves. I doubt I'll be seeing those again anytime soon. I got the last two boxes of Winchester PDX1 that has been on sale for $17 a box.

There's really nothing I need except maybe some csspec 10 rounders. I might get some mags for the UTAS XTR 12 just to have them. I really like the potential that gun has.

Even the top news sites seem very slow and clogged.  Might have something to do with the Florida shootings.  It does not take much for a functional ammo purchasing web site to work OK and then to be completely overloaded.  I just conducted a speed test on my computer.  Down about 50%.  Humm.  Wonder what is going on?  Could this be it?  Dunno, not enough info yet.  12:18 PM, PDT, Sunday afternoon, 12 June, 2016.

I was expecting a full run on everything... Maybe that will happen tomorrow.

Currently it was a MEH day for sales.. Friday was actually better for me, looks like most of the panicking is ammo..

Magazines are not really moving. Most of the sites that went out of stock just pulled them to see what happens.

I knocked all the inventory down so that if things went crazy I could caution about shipping delays and not get in trouble.

The media and the democraps are in full gun control attack mode, but maybe their previous failures have given people some confidence.

That last panic was...  really...  fucking...  annoying.   22lr never recovered to it's previous price/availability.

I also bet a lot of people learned their lesson last time and generally are better prepared, meaning they don't feel the need to panic.

All speculation of course.  Next few days will tell.

But I'm seriously sorry for those in deep blue states.  The coming wave of state and city gun control is going to be unhinged.

• Like 1

I am seeing people who were previously not interested in firearms making gun purchases. There is a new generation of panic buyers being cultivated from fear of where our country is headed, Hillary, ISIS, etc..

I don't see a need to buy any more ammo or guns, for myself.

If you had to leave home, hauling 1000 rnd cases and a safe full of guns would not be an option.

One case per gun is a good place to be, IMHO.

By the time you can't buy ammo, they will have banned our guns.

They've gone from "grandfathering" in guns and mags to basically confiscation by "out-lawing" property.

I'm waiting for a spark. We know what's next.

What will you do, if they order confiscation?

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Or for those on a severe budget for whatever reasons, just one small light rifle and light ammo load out per responsible person.  Use the money saved to procure locate and secure, (if possible) all the other stuff needed.  Kinda hard to filter water or fill you belly or stay dry with ammo.

No matter where you go, there you are.  You tend to bring attitudes and concerns with you.  Most of America inside the big cities will be hell on earth when the real shit hits the fan.  Even if more ready than 99.9% of America, things for some might still end up very interesting for sure. 

Some have been doing the serious prepp thing since the mid 1980's.  Now multi generational.  Even living it full time is no guarantee some inner city kid with a .22rf will ruin your day from ambush.  Thus the interesting times.  But, one is NEVER ready for this sort of thing.  NEVER. Yikes!

I don't see a need to buy any more ammo or guns, for myself.

If you had to leave home, hauling 1000 rnd cases and a safe full of guns would not be an option.

One case per gun is a good place to be, IMHO.

By the time you can't buy ammo, they will have banned our guns.

They've gone from "grandfathering" in guns and mags to basically confiscation by "out-lawing" property.

I'm waiting for a spark. We know what's next.

Same thing that has been done all along with the dictates of tyrants when they breech into matters of the God given.

Find a way

It is a skill set "muscle" that requires exercise before it is required.

Just something to think on

“A person's own folly leads to their ruin.” - old Hebrew proverb 

There should have been another more in line with the Chinese;

May you live in the last days

...though somehow I think that one is very mixed.

Question is, what can be done? Willing to bet none of us are organized to the point of forming a militia which is worth a damn. Would the local authorities (and I don't mean just the local sheriff and his deputies, I'm talking full blown SWAT team, riot control, etc., etc., and whatever measures they have in place beyond that) see us as freedom-loving Americans attempting to win back our government from the hands of tyrants, or would the more likely scenario not be they see us as a group of terrorists? In this case, numbers matter. If your group consists of a small mob, you aren't going to win, but find a way to organize a very large group and things change. You are no longer a pesky little nuisance, you're a full blown cancer.

Then comes the question of, what's your plan? I don't expect any of you to actually answer this, but you can if you like. Ask yourself, though, are you going to just wait at home and attempt to defend your property, or are you going to attempt to group and go on the offensive? If so, what's your plan? Where do you group? Where do you go? Who do you overthrow? Etc. Without a communication network among ourselves nationwide, will you get the strength in numbers you require? There are a whole lot of variables to consider, but personally, I don't think we are prepared. Hell, it even says in the 2nd amendment "a well regulated militia", meaning one. Currently, from what I've seen, we have a bunch of small backwoods militias consisting of hillbillies, or from what I've read, the National Guard (not of the United States) is considered a militia, but it has government ties. Anyways, just some things to consider.

I have been due for reloading supplies for a couple of months. I have placed my typical orders today so I don't get screwed by the panic appears to have started yet again. So long 22lr. nothing.gif

I officially have a plan to keep on keeping on, waiting.

Edited by liberty -r- death

Dont even ask questions that you know should not be answered...

I specifically said that it is a question to ask yourselves, not plaster it on the thread. I did mention, however, should a person want to answer, then do so, but that's on them.

Edited by forsaken352

Dont even ask questions that you know should not be answered...

I specifically said that it is a question to ask yourselves, not plaster it on the thread. I did mention, however, should a person want to answer, then do so, but that's on them.

I think keeping one's hands clean, not playing a part in others mistakes, is beyond the value of sating curiosity.

Sorry if I seemed blunt, I should know better, but there are reasons. Some take stock in them others do not.

I had planned on purchasing a case of IMI 5.56 before this happened, and did so yesterday.  I thought it was a good idea to go ahead before it was out of stock, and I was right.  Aim had plenty of it when I ordered yesterday afternoon.  It sold out within a few hours.