Yeah I was debating what to invest my extra cash from last payday.  More canned goods?  Ammo?  Mags?  Silver?  Something else?

Then I saw this Sunday morning and decided another case of Wolf Gold.  Events simply helped me decide.

5.56 has had a run but x39 is still plentiful.  Yet another reason to love the AK.  Until hitlery cuntin executive orders a total ammo import ban.  You know it's on her 100 hours list.  Along with a total firearm import ban I'm betting.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prepping for real life emergencies is really easy when done in gradual steps. I'm not talking teotwawki, real life, unemployment, natural disaster, short term disability and such.   $$$ stash $500,

I have a few 50 rnd boxes of 22lr       Why could I possibly  need anything more?

If you couldn't buy any life necessities for three months what would you run out of first?

Food, cooking oil, potable water, medical prescriptions, hygiene products, a few spare cans of gasoline?

I'm low on corned beef hash, I need to buy a few dozen cans. And my Rx's wouldn't last.

• Like 1

Excellent Chillie and thank you.  Do not forget the needful things we ASSUME will always be available.  Sit down and think a bit and play "what if".  If properly followed through with your caches will start to resemble that department store and pharmacy.  Also consider that most if not all of this stuff will be very barter able.  Do not forget the medical stuff.  Do not forget the trade items.  Use your imagination. :)

Prepping for real life emergencies is really easy when done in gradual steps.

I'm not talking teotwawki, real life, unemployment, natural disaster, short term disability and such.

$$$ stash $500, $1000, 1, 2, 3 months worth of income.

Life necessities, 72 hr kit, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months to a year.

Step by step.

Search my posts about food storage.

Think what a blessing it could be to lose a job and not worrying about money for groceries.

• Like 3

Water is not overly our concern. Fortunately we live in SW OR.  About 80 inches of rain last year.  We have plenty of year round springs, creeks, streams and rivers.  The concern is the filtering.  We exercise multiple ways and stash several physical different methods. Getting dosed is not fun! :)

3 months of food?  Easy.  Water is the hard part if you live in town.  Storing enough water for months is a serious challenge.

Water is part of the reason I bought our current home. Built in the 1920's real solid brick walls. Crystal clear cistern that holds approx 3000 gallons of water with basement access hatch and another exterior cistern that holds another 2000 gallons. All I have to do is run it through my filter system and it's good to go.

3 months of food?  Easy.  Water is the hard part if you live in town.  Storing enough water for months is a serious challenge.

We have 60 gallon bladders that set in a bath tube.

Throw it in fill it and you have good water for a while. We use an battery operated pump with it.

Of course a well is the best insurance, not a whole lot of people have wells now-a-days.

The WaterBob and other tub liners/bags are great 65-100gals of water.

Minimum one gal per day per person, 2 is better for cooking, sanitation and hygiene purposes.

That's 12-24 days of water for a family of four.

Longer term storage is accomplished with water collection/caching systems.

If you don't have the rainfall for a collection and cache system to work, then you better hope you have access to some manner of water and filtration.

We have our stored water for emergencies, we each have our personal filtration in our 72hr kits with Katadyn's 'MyBottle'.
I've been wanting something for the house, since we plan on Bugging-In in the event of whatever SHTF scenario, short of TEOTWAWKI.
Something to filter unsafe tap water, water from the creek, rainwater or suspect storage water.

I've settled on Berkey Black filters, and using them in a DIY two tier 5gal gravity filter.
Similar to this, http://www.alpharubicon.com/kids/homemadeberkeydaire.htm

The Berkey Black filters are pretty damned good.
http://www.berkeyfilters.com/berkeytech.htm?gclid=CMWCmdi6y64CFeYGRQodylxoBA

The Black Berkey water filter element used in all of our systems takes water filtration to a new level. During testing conducted by independent EPA approved laboratories the Black Berkey reduced a long list of water contaminants with never before seen results, and significantly raises the standard for the water filter industry. Read the extensive list below and see for yourself the ability of these amazing water filters.
Black Berkey purifier elements are far more powerful compared to competitors water filters. We tested the filters with more than 10,000 times the concentration of harmful pathogens per liter of water than is required by industry standard test protocols. This concentration of pathogens is so high that the water exiting the filters should be expected to contain 100,000 or more of pathogens per liter (99.99% reduction - the requirement in order to be classified for pathogenic removal). Incredibly Berkey water filter elements removed 100% of the pathogens. Absolutely no pathogens were found in the effluent or were able to be detected. This sets a new standard, allowing us to classify all systems containing the Black Berkey filters as purifiers. The revolutionary Berkey purifier elements are so powerful they can remove food coloring from the water without removing any of the beneficial minerals your body needs. blackberkey.jpg
The Black Berkey™ filter element had extensive testing at State & EPA accredited laboratories and far exceed EPA & ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol. The Black Berkey filters have been Tested by the University of Phoenix. Spectrum Labs and the Department of Toxicology and Environmental Science Louisiana University.
Because the versatile Black Berkey® purification elements fit most other manufacturers gravity water filters, off brand gravity filtration systems can be upgraded to a purifier, with little effort. This high quality replacement filter vastly improves other brand,s housings ability to remove unwanted water contaminates.
Each Berkey element has a life of 3000 gallons. An incredible 6000 gallons for a 2 filter system (less than 2 cents per gallon of water). This is possible because of the filters unique ability to be cleaned up to 100 times using a 3M Scotch Brite Pad.
buyfilters.gif$107.00 per set of 2

The Black Berkey Purification elements remove or reduce the following contaminant

Viruses

MS2 - Fr Coliphage

Berkey Exceeds Purification Standards - 99.999%

Trihalomethanes
Bromodichloromethane,

Bromofore, Chloroform, Dibromochloromethane

Removed to below detectable limits - 99.99999%

Pathogenic Bacteria Parasites and Cysts
E. Coli, Klebsiella, Pseudomonas,
Aeriginousis, Giardia, Cryptosporidium
Removed to non-detectable levels - 100%

Inorganic Minerals:
Chlorine
Removed to non-detectable levels - greater than 99.9999999%

Heavy Metals
Lead, Mercury, Aluminum, Cadmium, Chromium, Copper
Greater than 95% reduction

Fertilizers and Related Byproducts
Nitrates and Nitrites
Greater than 85% reduction
at 19mg. per liter

Fluoride
With the addition of the Berkey Fluoride Filter you can reduce Fluoride Greater than 95%

More Berkey water test documents

Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's)
Removed to below detectable limits - 99.9999999%

Alachlor
Atrazine
Benzene
Carbofuran
Carbon Tetrachloride
Chlorine
Chlorobenzene
Chloroform
2,4-D
dbcp
p-Dichlorobenzene
o-Dichlorobenzene
1, 1-Dichloroethane
1, 2-Dichlorpethane
1, 1-Dichloroethylene
Cis-1, 2-
Dichloroethyiene
Trans-1,2-
Dichloroethylene
1, 2-Dichloropropane
cis-l,3-
Dichloropropylene
Dinoseb
Endrin
Ethylbenzene
Ethylene Dibromide (EDB)
Heptachlor
Heptachlor Epoxide
Hexachlorobutodlene
Hexachloro-
Cyclopentadlene
Lindane
Methoxychlor
MTBE
Pentachlorophenol
Simazine
Styrene
1,1,2,2-
Tetrachloroethane
Tetrachloroethylene
Toluene
2,4,5-TP (Silvex)
1,2,4-trichlorobenzene
1,1,1-trichloroethane
1,1,2-trichloroethane
Trichloroethylene
o-Xylene
m-Xylene

• Like 2

Its not a water collection system it's a swimming pool ...

Notice how many places are making it illegal to have rain collection systems.

It's not a collection system, it's just extensive rain gutters... with 55gal catch basins to hold it until it can be treated and disposed of properly.

What will you do, if they order confiscation?

Question is, what can be done? Willing to bet none of us are organized to the point of forming a militia which is worth a damn. Would the local authorities (and I don't mean just the local sheriff and his deputies, I'm talking full blown SWAT team, riot control, etc., etc., and whatever measures they have in place beyond that) see us as freedom-loving Americans attempting to win back our government from the hands of tyrants, or would the more likely scenario not be they see us as a group of terrorists? In this case, numbers matter. If your group consists of a small mob, you aren't going to win, but find a way to organize a very large group and things change. You are no longer a pesky little nuisance, you're a full blown cancer.

Then comes the question of, what's your plan? I don't expect any of you to actually answer this, but you can if you like. Ask yourself, though, are you going to just wait at home and attempt to defend your property, or are you going to attempt to group and go on the offensive? If so, what's your plan? Where do you group? Where do you go? Who do you overthrow? Etc. Without a communication network among ourselves nationwide, will you get the strength in numbers you require? There are a whole lot of variables to consider, but personally, I don't think we are prepared. Hell, it even says in the 2nd amendment "a well regulated militia", meaning one. Currently, from what I've seen, we have a bunch of small backwoods militias consisting of hillbillies, or from what I've read, the National Guard (not of the United States) is considered a militia, but it has government ties. Anyways, just some things to consider.

youre going to find other like minded folks, and gonna repel assaults...... obviously the torry factor is high, so i donk know how you go about talking about it....

but realisticly they cant go door to door, be a blood bath, theyll have to wait it out, ban em, and force you to turn in at license plate renewal time etc....

If class III is all you have, then go in a blaze of glory when they come!

I'd still love to watch them try to come down my bunker tunnel!  They'd get halfway, and then burst into flames from the pure O2 I pumped in.  Gun oil and pure O2 don't mix well!  Cryogenics can be lots o fun!

• Like 1

If class III is all you have, then go in a blaze of glory when they come!

I'd still love to watch them try to come down my bunker tunnel!  They'd get halfway, and then burst into flames from the pure O2 I pumped in.  Gun oil and pure O2 don't mix well!  Cryogenics can be lots o fun!

Be careful where you keep your household chemicals. Some of them rapidly generate large volumes of  lethal gas when mixed.

I use bleach and HCl together for stripping gold plate.  Works as good as aqua regia.  Wear a gas mask rated for HCl!

Pyrethrin works great for fleas and stable flies!  Knocks them down instantly doing the Afganni fish dance.  Kills fish too!

Pure O2 is lethal...

very

Especially at a partial pressure of 1.6 ATM or above.  It's why I don't like rebreathers.  Pure O2 can also wreak havoc on your physical conditioning, and age you extremely fast.

Pure O2 is nothing to play with.  Seriously.  Almost anything will burn in pure O2, and the word "burn" doesn't begin to describe the violence of the reaction.

• Like 1

about a week later and the panic really doesn't seem to be much to write home about.

all steel-cased ammo is generally in stock, I was able to order 500rd WPA from SGAmmo yesterday.

I also ordered a Premium A2 LBK from PSA at weekend sale prices. I've been wanting to build an M16A3 clone for some time to start doing CMP/NRA service matches, but was sort of on the fence about it, so I figured I might as well start on it now. Just waiting for PSA to show some of their complete A3 uppers back in stock - I have heard that their A3 uppers with 4150 melonite barrels are tack drivers.

• Like 1

The only thing that went straight out of stock was Wolf Gold. Most other .223 offerings and almost all the 5.56 rounds that were already in stock are still in stock. Not even mags sold out as far as I've seen. 

about a week later and the panic really doesn't seem to be much to write home about.

all steel-cased ammo is generally in stock, I was able to order 500rd WPA from SGAmmo yesterday.

I also ordered a Premium A2 LBK from PSA at weekend sale prices. I've been wanting to build an M16A3 clone for some time to start doing CMP/NRA service matches, but was sort of on the fence about it, so I figured I might as well start on it now. Just waiting for PSA to show some of their complete A3 uppers back in stock - I have heard that their A3 uppers with 4150 melonite barrels are tack drivers.

They just had that upper with the BCG and CH in stock earlier for $370 earlier today. Went fast. I'm also working on an A3 clone, and if I wasn't set on using a heavy barrel I'd jump on one of the melonited PSA 20s. 

Edited by W8lifter

Hello

I'll hate to say goodbye to my NFA stuff......It's all I have! (My Tromix! ..<Sob>)

-Guido in TX

"Class 3" is a special occupational tax that dealers (Type 01 FFL) pay to engage in the business of dealing in NFA regulated items. Just trying to help. I wish people in industry would stop perpetrating this misnomer. Instead of educating people they feed it.