KVAR has clear waffle 223 mags!

What modifications to the rifle are required?

add a feed ramp, cut a little off the bottom of the lugs, and a little on the rear of the mag well?

then these will fit and feed perfect?

did I miss anything? how about fit? are they snug or loose or "perfect"?

And these send the bullet to the middle right? not left and right feed?

What modifications to the rifle are required?

add a feed ramp, cut a little off the bottom of the lugs, and a little on the rear of the mag well?

then these will fit and feed perfect?

did I miss anything? how about fit? are they snug or loose or "perfect"?

And these send the bullet to the middle right? not left and right feed?

No mods to the rifle other than to add a feed ramp or bullet guide as we tend to describe it. Then some minor mods are done to the mags which result in a tight fit and absolute reliable feeding. I credit COBRA on making these work. I believe he has a sticky on the mag mods on this site. The clear mags are cool cause you can see your ammo supply at any moment. Bulgies are the ticket for the S-.223 too!!!.

Wolverine

• Like 1

Pointer

Thank you for the info. I'm thinking of building a clone of this SBR rifle after I get the BATFE's approval.

1444_1024.ts1123641650000.jpg

I'm still in the research and planning stage.

At first I was thinking of a Saiga .223 as the base rifle but with the mag issues I'm now leaning more towards the SAR-3 to base my project on.

santanatwo, if you plan to use a high capacity magazine in a saiga rifle that has not been put up to the us parts count, you are breaking the law for some reason.

don't worry, I know...

I wouldn't dream of putting it together without doing a USA conversion anyways, the saiga stocks SUCK

Me too! :up:

Some slippery stinky somebitches ain't they?!

Yeah. They sprayed some weird oil on the springs and it got all over them. Also this material removes and shapes a little different but they work. Kind of cool seeing the rds. left and all.

I still have to do the six 30 rd mags to mod but I am going to the gunshow today and tomorrow so they will wait. Oh boy I get to spend more $$$$$$.

Wolverine

Have fun shopping for new toys! I have to wait until May. I'll be looking for a Highpoint to storm around with!

I guess this topic's title is no longer valid. I'm glad we jumped on those mags first thing. :smoke:

They still have them as of right now.

Have fun shopping for new toys! I have to wait until May. I'll be looking for a Highpoint to storm around with!

I guess this topic's title is no longer valid. I'm glad we jumped on those mags first thing. :smoke:

Edited by Pointer