People on Terror Watch List Can Still Legally Buy Guns? WTF?!

I would say nobody who is legitimately a terrorist threat should be allowed to legally buy a gun.

But...  The government has shown that they are willing to label conservatives, the Tea Party, and even veterans as "potential terrorists".  So be careful what you wish for.

• Like 13

The Orlando shooter was on the terror watch list at one point, and for good reason,but what exactly is the criteria that a person has to meet to be put on the list. I just assumed it was for those who showed signs of some form of radicalization and/or has ties to terror groups, but that system could be used as a form of gun control.They could put just any average joe on there if they wanted to.   

A secret list that you can't remove yourself from.

You wanna tie that to gun ownership?

Absolutely not!   

• Like 3

The Orlando shooter was on the terror watch list at one point, and for good reason,but what exactly is the criteria that a person has to meet to be put on the list. I just assumed it was for those who showed signs of some form of radicalization and/or has ties to terror groups, but that system could be used as a form of gun control.They could put just any average joe on there if they wanted to.

Absolutely not!
That question was rhetorical and not, necessarily, aimed at you.

God Bless you and yours!

Edited by Sim_Player

I sadly can't find the video where a congressman [my mind says Ted Cruz but I could be misremembering] school someone suggesting the ban by explaining the government puts you on the list with no notice, at which point you have no way of knowing you're on the list until too late and you then must plead your case to the senate to get your rights reinstated. He points out why not extend this to other constitutional rights? Like the 1st amendment "until you prove you aren't a terrorist you have no right to speech, assembly, or religion." or the 8th amendment, "we can just torture you until you appeal to the senate to stop being tortured."

• Like 3

This is just the left slowly ratching up the gun control...if your on the the no fly list, and the watch list I don't think you should be able to buy a gun although I dont support the government being able to take away your constitutional right without notifying said indivdual...the more pressing question is why the hell are these people walking free...if your on the no fly list and the watch list I sure as hell don't want you living next to me..this is part of a larger plan...Fast and furious didn't work so now they want to let whoever into the country and when something like this happens...they say guns are to easy to get...that is incorrect..it's too easy for bad people to get into this country...As a gun owner I am tired of being the scape goat for the governments inability to do its most basic job...protect its citizens.

• Like 1

I would say nobody who is legitimately a terrorist threat should be allowed to legally buy a gun.

But...  The government has shown that they are willing to label conservatives, the Tea Party, and even veterans as "potential terrorists".  So be careful what you wish for.

Precisely. My first thought was that it will likely become very easy to be placed on that currently very short list. The criteria to get on that list will be very broad and vague. He's a terrorist, she's a terrorist, wouldn't you like to be a terrorist too...

amazing.gif

Meanwhile, the real threats are allowed to skate and murder innocents, so it doesn't eliminate the justification for future preventative measures (code for reduction of liberties).

• Like 1

Absolutely not!
That question was rhetorical and not, necessarily, aimed at you.

God Bless you and yours!

No worries.

Thanks,same to you.  

Hear say and innuendo, ANONYMOUS accusations = no fly/watch list!

Loose your rights RIGHT HERE! No need for adjudication - just the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind is all that we need to override your "quaint" idea of the rule of law, and Constitutional RIGHTS!

Face your accuser? NO FUCKING WAY! They are SO MUCH smarter and BETTER than YOU! How DARE YOU think that 'all men are equal'? or that they could be "endowed by their creator" with any rights at ALL?

• Like 3

This is not a 2nd amendment issue at all, like many are suggesting. Instead it is at the core of the 5th amendment of due process. When you can restrict not one but two "RIGHTS" (gun ownership and due process) by inclusion on a list it shows we have gone nowhere as a country in the past century where we persecuted "suspected communists" and blackballed people only based on suspicion.

• Like 4

This is not a 2nd amendment issue at all, like many are suggesting. Instead it is at the core of the 5th amendment of due process. When you can restrict not one but two "RIGHTS" (gun ownership and due process) by inclusion on a list it shows we have gone nowhere as a country in the past century where we persecuted "suspected communists" and blackballed people only based on suspicion.

Dead on the ten ring.

• Like 1

Yep.  Easy to get things out of correct perspective.  The attack in Florida "only" killed about 50 less than august men.  Compare that to the total death rate in the entire nation by other means including automobile accidents, home accidents, illness, old age, etc..  It is a statistical pinprick.

The so call "terrorist" lists or "no fly" lists are potentially much more dangerous to the Constitutional guarantees each citizen is awarded.  Our right of LIBERTY includes travel by any means.  Yep most sheeple are so keen to jump upon the notion of increased safety and security. 

What they, (the sheeple) seem not to understand is that they will ask for and reap neither safety or security but the tightening web of tyranny.  History shows many examples.  I guess it is our turn.  Never thought I would live to see this but there you have it.  Interesting times indeed.

Any lawyers here?  We were taught in the Fire Academy years ago that government only has the legal duty to protect the entire population body.  Not the individual.  Does this mean our Government has no Constitutional duty to protect individuals?  Only the whole?  Yikes indeed if true.

• Like 2

This is a scapegoat. The FBI still has some good men and women left but this admin neutered the agency and tied their hands. Just look at the shape some of these field officers are in today. Only Union protection and bro bra hiring could allow some of these yahoos to still carry the gold badge in their mental and physical state.

The watch list is very Stazi, spooky and just fucked up. The list should have never had been made public, they could surgically remove terrorists and make them go away and have the orders and funding to do so.

Letting politicians play G-d with our inherent rights is a huge mistake. You could easily put political opposition, veterans or corporate enemies that were lobbied against on this list and keep privy for your friends and party. This is some nazi shit.

A very slippery slope indeed. Let the Seals, Delta, CIA and FBI do their fucking jobs, trim the fat and get back to pipe hitting. Don't blame your citizenry for a bunch of sheep fucking Jihadists who have a free pass from their buddy, the fucking president.

• Like 3

Wonder if you could be labeled a terrorist if you threw a plate at someone? unsure.png

Apparently can't buy a gun anymore being a domestic terrorist, but you can still be the Democratic front runner: :rolleyes:

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 4

Being denied your 2nd Amendment RIGHT without having been convicted of a crime? 

None here should support that. Due process anyone?

I don't give a damn WHAT the .gov THINKS you might do. Until you've been CONVICTED, you still have all your rights.

Once people start getting denied RIGHTS without due process, we've started down the slippery slope to having NO rights.

• Like 2

Being denied your 2nd Amendment RIGHT without having been convicted of a crime? 

None here should support that. Due process anyone?

I don't give a damn WHAT the .gov THINKS you might do. Until you've been CONVICTED, you still have all your rights.

Once people start getting denied RIGHTS without due process, we've started down the slippery slope to having NO rights.

I agree. Excellent point.

On another note, I heard about as book called See something, Say nothing. I want to read that. The author was one of the main people who helped create the DHS, as I understand it.

• Like 2

I sadly can't find the video where a congressman [my mind says Ted Cruz but I could be misremembering] school someone suggesting the ban by explaining the government puts you on the list with no notice, at which point you have no way of knowing you're on the list until too late and you then must plead your case to the senate to get your rights reinstated. He points out why not extend this to other constitutional rights? Like the 1st amendment "until you prove you aren't a terrorist you have no right to speech, assembly, or religion." or the 8th amendment, "we can just torture you until you appeal to the senate to stop being tortured."

Trey Gowdy

• Like 6

This is NazI Germany shit having no legal due process for law abiding US Citizens being denied the right of LIBERTY.  Specifically being on the NO FLY list.  Remember Nazi Germany in the early 1930s?  This is why the smart Jews got outta Dodge early.  Those who waited too long could NOT get out of Nazi Germany.  Why?  No right of liberty.  Respectfully.  Lots of my family are Jewish.  Lots in Germany did not make it.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1