Supreme Court Upholds State Ban on "Assault Weapons"

I find it saddening that the court regularly years cases about abortion that is an assumed right under the bill of rights but absolutely refuse to touch gun cases that are spelled out blatantly in it. The shear fact that the SCOTUS can even refuse to hear a case on constitutionality is insane when it directly impacts on of your most basic rights as spelled out in the bill of rights. That's what happens when the Supreme Court in the land is a political playing field. We are truly lost as a society when the supposedly "unbiased" court whose responsibility is to rule on constitutionality is comprised of liberals and conservatives as opposed to Americans.

• Like 5

Doesn't set precedent. Even if they agreed to hear it the best we could have gotten is a 4-4 split, meaning the lower court ruling stands anyway.

They just skipped all that. But if we can get a constitutionalist in there we have a chance to set precedent on a future case and overturn these as well.

Of course it isn't looking too good for the next scotus pick so more likely it goes the other way.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 4

It means that all states within the legal jurisdiction of the court ruling can implement basically any ban they want for the time being. Not permanent, but can do temporary damage and possibly permanent damage.

• Like 3

We need to rebuild the machine from the bottom up. Meaning voting more aggressively from local to state elections, holding candidates to the highest most stringent standards possible. I'm sure we've all been doing this to some degree, but we really don't get as pissed and active as we should when they don't represent as promised. 

A lot of excuses like "nobody's perfect" or "well they aren't as bad as ____". This happens because we blame the voter for the candidates broken promises instead of us banding together and holding them accountable. 

Trump is what we have to accept from here at this point. I'd like to see somebody more libertarian on the ballot, but thats not going to steal the vote from the evil bitch. So from the ground up is how I plant to work this... (wish in one hand shit in the other comes to mind) 

like it or not we all have to support Trump to the best of our abilities......or lose everything our country stands for

And hope he doesn't butt fuck us with a sandpaper condom.

He's the best shot we've got at keeping hildebeast out of the white house.  Unless somebody can get close to her with a bucket of water...

• Like 7

like it or not we all have to support Trump to the best of our abilities......or lose everything our country stands for

He's the best shot we've got at keeping hildebeast out of the white house.  Unless somebody can get close to her with a bucket of water...

The only smile brought to my face all day

Thanks

The Courts are our biggest problem. They are stacked with elitist's of every stripe, but most notably with leftist ideologues.

They no longer represent the will of the People nor the rule of law.

• Like 2

were talking about one guy here bub!  WE THE PEOPLE hold all the power, they only hold office at our pleasure.... we sit by too long saying woe is me why do we have such a holes in power?!?!?!? its our fault! but we can fix it.....7 habits of highly effective people, be PROactive not reactive....

• Like 1

"WE THE PEOPLE hold all the power..."

True statement but if we the people consist of mostly fat, dumb and ignorant sheep, then the power is meaningless.  What would be the spark that will ignite the few who would exercise said power? and how would a movement ever coalesce from a single person here and there to a national strong movement that could do something for positive change? I do not have much hope for the future of our great country (no matter what piece of crap enters the white house).  Of course my vote is for the immature power hungry loudmouth but I do not foresee good things coming...

• Like 1

True statement but if we the people consist of mostly fat, dumb and ignorant sheep, then the power is meaningless.  What would be the spark that will ignite the few who would exercise said power? and how would a movement ever coalesce from a single person here and there to a national strong movement that could do something for positive change? I do not have much hope for the future of our great country (no matter what piece of crap enters the white house).  Of course my vote is for the immature power hungry loudmouth but I do not foresee good things coming...

A true attack or time of peril. My grandparents kicked some serious fucking ass on both sides of the pond and lived to tell about it.

A true attack or time of peril. My grandparents kicked some serious fucking ass on both sides of the pond and lived to tell about it.

Your grandparents were made of much stronger fiber than 90 percent of the population today.  I fear that by the time sheeple figure out it is time to get off their butts and do something it will be waaay too late.  We all are like frogs sitting in a pot of slowly heated water that is going to be raised to boiling -- slowly (or not so slowly) our rights are being eroded and our freedoms diminished.  Imo it is long past time that we should have kicked "our masters" out of power but again we remain mostly fat dumb and ignorant sheep -- and the tempurature continues to rise.  If this is not a time of peril, what will be?

• Like 2

My grandparents' generation had their own burden to bear we have ours.

For one they were far more trusting of authority than is wise today and nor was it then.

As for USSC why all the bother you guys know better by now or should, rights have nothing to do with men in black dresses.

The Supremes did NOT uphold ANYTHING! They just decided that they would do NOTHING! (and they still get paid the same)

DAMN I wish I could get an appointment to a lifetime job that would pay me even when I REFUSED TO DO THE JOB!

• Like 3

The Supremes did NOT uphold ANYTHING! They just decided that they would do NOTHING! (and they still get paid the same)

DAMN I wish I could get an appointment to a lifetime job that would pay me even when I REFUSED TO DO THE JOB!

They'll wait until a new member is finally added and then they'll do a sweeping review of a lot of things left-ish so they can screw the whole lot of us. They're pretty confident that Hitlery is getting in even with a likely indictment coming

• Like 1

We ALL need to get the vote out for Trump - the next POTUS will get to appoint at least 5 Supremes to sing their song.

Make that voice sing the praises of the Constitution, not how happy they are to shred it.

• Like 1