check this out....poor man's Storm!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gun show next weekend....planning to pick up the 9mm carbine if i can find one.....there were many last time (spent my gun dough on at 10/22 international last time...)

Stockstad...gun show in Waukesha (county fair grounds) next sat and sunday...going?

Gun show next weekend....planning to pick up the 9mm carbine if i can find one.....there were many last time (spent my gun dough on at 10/22 international last time...)

Stockstad...gun show in Waukesha (county fair grounds) next sat and sunday...going?

Actually theres one in madison that im going to tomorrow. Biggest one close to me.just wish I had some money to spen lol.

Looks like you boys ordered them all!! Says out of stock for me!!

Will check back soon.

I hope this stock is better made then the factory one.

Never have a 995 as a trunk gun. Mine was "very soft" after

one "hot day" in the the trunk.

But for@ $65 shipped I'll give it a try.

CnRnut

ha ha ha i ordered my stock today, so i can't say anything else about you guys sucking!!

thanks indy, lol :smoke:

Couple of days ago I found out my order was canceled and my money was refunded because there must be some delay in these being released. Dang it. Heres the email and response I got from them :cryss:

Hi

The stock has still not been released and it may be another 1 to 3 weeks.

Thank You

Jason

Island Tactical

8090 S Durango Road #106

Las Vegas NV 89113

Tel: 702-240-2855

Fax: 702-240-2973

www.islandtactical.com

----- Original Message -----

To: info@islandtactical.com

Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 7:21 AM

Subject: Hi point Carbine ATI Stock

Hello I recently placed an order with you for an ATI stock for my Hi Point Carbine. I recieved confirmation Emails saying it would be shipped out around April 28. I unfortunatly had my hard drive fail and lost the emails with my order number. I happened to be in my account and noticed the money I paid had been returned to me. Is there a problem with the orders? I really wanted the stock and you guys have the best deal that I have found.

Please explain whats going on.

Thanks in advance

Edited by stokstad
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I got my stock. Had some trouble getting it to fit right but its good quality and it looks sweet. I actually had to get the dremel out and do some grinding. But I got it too go. I dont blame the stock I'm guessing every High point metal cover is a bit different.

:super::super::super::super:

I ordered it from Centerfire Systems because they were the only ones who had it right now. Was a bit more expensive but Oh well.

post-1262-1147806985_thumb.jpg

Edited by stokstad

It feels lighter because the new stock balances the rifle a lot better than it was in factory configuration...

I am betting you will find it feels nicer to shoot too... and that may inherently make it shoot more accurately than it did before as well... less stress wobble while aiming... :up:

Looks good, bro!! I still need to score me one of them!

:smoke:

• 1 month later...

I saw Matt's SKS sell either 20 or 30 round magazines for the 9mm Hi-Point carbine at the fun show in Hara Arena in Dayton. This will make them more enjoyable to shoot if they work right. Pro Mag makes a 15 round magazine for the carbine which they show on their website. http://www.promagindustries.com/highpoin.asp

Most Hi-Point owners like their carbines and the ATI stock makes them look much better.

• 5 months later...

LOL!!!

Well, a LOT of good that does us all... FIND THAT WEBSITE Stokstad!!!! then post up the link!!!! :up::lol:

I placed my order tonight. It says they are out of stock. I have no idea when they are coming in. Maybe the confirmation email will say. The total with shipping was $64.11

http://www.islandtactical.com/index.asp?Pa...mp;ProdID=95172

I have never messed with the Carbine there pistols love to stove pipe from what I have seen but anyway does anyone make a higher cap Mag for the carbine?

Hello

Got my .45 ACP Storm for either $379 or $439, I believe it was $379. Nowhere near the prices previously quoted...The Beretta branded accessories are a bit pricey, and the lack of high-cap mag's is a downside.

With +P+ H/P's it has a very accurate and seemingly effective +/- 75 yard range, hits strong at 100 yards but a couple of inches low. I've replaced the Eotech with a 2X Aimpoint, (Eotech found a home on the S12)

-it's a good fit for it.

I really like the Storm. It's my "yard gun"...S12 for the house, Storm for the yard, S-308 for anything trying to get away.....

Don't know about the hi-point, but I reckon the Storm was $$$ well spent.

post-3965-1165840658_thumb.jpg

Newly configured Storm w/ Aimpoint x2 red dot...

post-3965-1175829184_thumb.jpg

post-3965-1175829504_thumb.jpg

Edited by guido2

You get what you pay for with a Hi-point they look pretty cool all done up but they are made out of junkyard metal AKA old car parts the company buys scrap steel and you never quite no what the metal is thats melted down in them. Some may be better then others who knows. Anyway they have a low melting point and in time as parts wear due to use heat etc. they break down faster and wear out. So yes if it is going to be something to plink for a year or two sounds like a great deal kinda like buying a ford focus IMO

• 2 weeks later...

the high caps (anything over 15) in my sub2k never worked worth a shit either.

i posted a mini review a long while back comparing my hi point carbine to my keltec and all around the hi point beat out the keltec.

hi point was more reliable, comfortable to shoot, more accurate, front sight on sub2k looks like shit, front sight post is wimpy red plastic that had to be replaced twice.

only plus the sub2k had was that you had 5 more rounds at your disposal. now the fact that you can't hit shit with it doesn't really matter if you have 5 more rounds.

i'd rather group 2 inches with 10 rounds than group 12 inches with 15. (aka saiga 223 compared to the mini 14 that i sold to get the saiga.)

i'd trade a sub2k for a hi point any day.

good luck!

Then you have had very different experiences than myself. I have a sub2k in 40sw. The sights are a bit cheesy but all in all it is a good truck gun and is very reliable. I don't shoot bench much but I can hit a 12" gong standing @ 75 yards all day long.

Edited by h8mtv
Bottom line, Beretta, or Hi point, neither have hicaps that are worth a shit. For the price of a Hi Point and a stock to try to pretty up that mongoloid you can buy a Kel-tek Sub2k that is damn near Ak reliable and buy hicaps for that all day long.

Of course, the sub2k is a whole other breed of ugly, too

It would seem to me that w/ all the folks that can make "franken" mags for the shotties that the joining of 2 or 3 of the Hi Point mags wouldn't be a problem. I've never done anything like that so I don't know how, but we have some really ingenious people on this board!

• 1 month later...

Some first-hand experience with my new HP 995....

The factory stock IS ugly as heck, but actually pretty comfortable to shoot.

The ATI stock takes some tinkering to put on, but not bad..... An hour or so with a dremmel and it's on. Looks SO much better and still comfortable and FUN to shoot.

Been shooting Remington 115gr MC rounds, several hundred rounds now with NO failures to feed or eject. One hundred percent so far. Have not yet tried any other ammo, but would feel comfortable using this inexpensive little carbine with this ammo in any SHTF situation...

ATI customer service ROCKS!!! My own fault, admittently, broke the bolt by over-tightening.... Fully expected to order a couple of parts. Lady said she'd have them to me in 2-3 days (got parts in 48 hours!)... I asked what I owed, she said nothing. Offered to at least pay for shipping, she said no all she wanted was a happy customer and a kiss :)

Between the price, performance, and customer service one cannot go wrong buying one of these little carbines! This was my first highpoint, but probably not the last - got my eye on one of the 40's now :rolleyes:

Anyone who's "on the fence" about getting one of these - just do it!

I have my ATI stock...

I have my underbarrel ATI LASER...

I have my vented barrel shroud...

Wheres my CARBINE!?!?!?!

Stuck at the damn FFL guys house... waiting on the K-31 swiss to arrive so I can do both rifles on one NICS... Hopefully by MONDAY I can have my poor mans storm all set up and ready to rock and roll!!! :up: :up: