I'm planning to buy one within the week but can't decide between the 3.25in and 4.75in models. Does anyone have either and could post pictures of what they look like on a long-gun possibly also what size they are in the hand? 

I didn't realize until after that intrafuse was a whole line, I meant vertical fore end grips. If any mods are about and could change the title to reflect that it would be very helpful

The Tapco VFG's are IMHO worthless crap.

I got one from a friend, stuck it on a AR and within a few mags it ripped off the rail shearing through the cheap polymer.

There is no recoil to speak of with a AR, it was just my holding it tightly.

I can probably post pics of the damage on the POS, I think it's still in my junk box.

There are lots of other better made brands in both polymer and aluminum.

Yuck, I have had that VFG too. Mine did not rip off, and it was on a 7.62x39. However it felt cheap and chunky. It was also too short for me, and I have pretty small hands (but everything down there is fine, I assure you). I like shooting without a VFG better anyway.

Over the years I have spent probably $500-1,000+ on various rails, grips, stocks, handguards, pistol grips, gas tube rails, etc. for my Saigas. Finally about 4 years ago I ripped it all off. I took them all back to basics, I run nothing but iron sight and traditional AK furniture, with a milsurp SKS sling, on all my Saigas now. I found that focus on the fundamentals of shooting, and practicing offhand, kneeling, and prone, has made me a much better and more efficient marksman, regardless of whatever toys are said to be an improvement.

I got a chuckle last range trip, some total Bro-Country dude rolls up with his decked out AR-15, covered in rails and a thousand bucks worth of gadgets, sets up on a bag sitting down at the table to hit the 50 yard line. And I'm just standing there, hitting a sheet of paper at the 100 over and over again effortlessly. He even came up to me at one point and asked me if I ever had issues "with one of those things keyholing" because he "read that the barrels go bad and they do that a lot" lol get lost bro. 

Edited by randumbthoughts

Yuck, I have had that VFG too. Mine did not rip off, and it was on a 7.62x39. However it felt cheap and chunky. It was also too short for me, and I have pretty small hands (but everything down there is fine, I assure you). I like shooting without a VFG better anyway. I run nothing but iron sight and traditional AK furniture on my Saigas now. 

Was that the 3.25in grip or the 4.75in one?

Magpul or bcm for me.

If used properly a stubby is all you need.

When it comes to vfgs the old saying really is true.

A useful tutorial for the less experienced...

Edited by Darth Saigus

Not sure on the VFG but the SAW grip which is also part of the Intrafuse line was on my 5.45 when I bought it mounted to a pinned collapsible stock and felt really bad in the hand. Just really cheap plastic feel to it. I'm guessing most the line feels that way. I am sure the VFG have the same cheapy feel

Do yourself a favor.  Don't use a grip that looks like a mop handle.  And don't use a grip-pod.  A BCM Mod3  is only $20, which is IMHO the best deal going.

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor.  Don't use a grip that looks like a mop handle.  And don't use a grip-pod.

LOL, I've a Grip-Pod, it sits in a box mostly.  Big, fat and heavy, but it has it's uses.

• Like 1

I think I'm with darth on this one. I think all you really need is a hand stop, vfgs and afgs add unneeded weight imo, and using the stubby grip as a hand stop works really well.

I prefer the Magpul AFG for the S12.  It helps to make you lean into it more.

• Like 1

I thought the basic intrafuse S12 handguard was clean and tough enough. I share the opinion most hold about their floppy plasticky stocks VFGs etc.