Just finished a flick called "man up" with simon pegg in it.... I likes the snot out of it! Had appropriate licensed music where it made sense etc, I hate when movies dont put a good jam where they should cause they bein cheap or artys fartsy....

Long story long, it got me to thinking about having a movie club on here. We pick a movie a month and then discuss it... Yes, movies are less "proper"(?) Intellectually stimulating(?) Than books but we still watched them in my English lit class as basically they are the new form of " literary (?) Expression?

Cuss, discuss whada ya say?!

Ugh. There's a reason they brand that as "the forgotten spaghetti western."

I got a Sergio Leonne boxed set last fall, and I have to say Duck You Sucker is one of the worst movies I have ever watched. Lots of drugs and 1960s half thought out metaphors went into making that. Not a lot of coherent plot or likeable characters. That and the crack dreams about sharing his girlfriend with another guy in Ireland and frolicking about. Must have been a lot of drugs. It kind of killed my spaghetti western and spaghetti party honestly. People tried to watch but just gave up. At least the food and poker worked out. The rest of the Leonne movies are good, but give that one a pass. Leave it in fond boyhood memories.

Fortunately around that time I got some very enjoyable schlock from Juggernaut. Specifically Shogun Assassin.  It was corny low budget stuff, but every bit of it was fun.

I don't think it did well in the box office, but I recommend Edge of Darkness too. It's a simple plot and deliberately so. The sole purpose of the movie was to make you feel how Mel felt. It did so masterfully. The violence was refreshingly handled too.

Gran Torino still exists if you are looking for other ideas.

I enjoyed Ghost and The darkness  back in the 1990s too.

As well as most of the other Simon Pegg stuff. Ditto for the guy who made his best movies: