So for this Catamount fury 1 conversion I have gone the easy route with CSS parts. This is a pictorial of what I did.

I started by testing the shotgun with some different loads to make sure it would cycle. I then gutted it down to the receiver, barrel and gas block. (and trunnions too) its much easier to work on of course.

post-51040-0-09891300-1467768233_thumb.jpg

post-51040-0-89275100-1467768261_thumb.jpg

So then I went at the rivets. I flatten them down then made pilot marks and started with 5/64 working up to 3/16 and I used Dewalt carbide bits and drill.

post-51040-0-25217900-1467768266_thumb.jpg

Once the rivets broke off then I tried to carefully brake the tac weld on the back of the trigger guard.  In my case a nub was left but I cleaned it up with a dremel real quick making it nice and smooth.

post-51040-0-98656800-1467768273_thumb.jpg

I then marked the new holes needed to be drilled for saiga tigger guard and the modified tigger hole to accept single hook triggers. Then once the metal was removed the trigger, hammer and guard were installed. Along with a 4 port css gas plug.

Now Im just waiting on the fury stock adapter, buffer tube, moe grip + stock, and railed hand guard.

Also I did not like the plastic hole plugs so I put the two old axis pins in the bottom back two holes, then took an old century arms shepherds hook cut it a little, bent it a little. Now those holes are filled with the original pins and it looks good.

Question for the fury owners reading this- Do saiga mag release levers fit the fury? they seem to be awful similar in design

Its done

now to have fun this weekend

attachicon.gifIMG_1731.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1732.jpg

Drooling over here damn! 

attachicon.gifIMG_1743.jpg

It started to run the 2 3/4  1oz  7.5 shot with out hiccups today. $7.95 a box at local shop

Before without 4 port gas plug, it really liked 2 3/4  1 1/4oz  4 shot. $12.95 a box

It of course enjoys 00 buck and slugs

Man this is clean as well! 

Its done

now to have fun this weekend

attachicon.gifIMG_1731.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1732.jpg

Drooling over here damn! 

attachicon.gifIMG_1743.jpg

It started to run the 2 3/4  1oz  7.5 shot with out hiccups today. $7.95 a box at local shop

Before without 4 port gas plug, it really liked 2 3/4  1 1/4oz  4 shot. $12.95 a box

It of course enjoys 00 buck and slugs

Man this is clean as well! 

Thanks are you building a cat12 also?