The PAK-9

Made in Cugir Romania, imported by Chiappa.  Takes Beretta mags.  Glock mag version "soon".

MSRP $569

Honestly...  Just not feelin it.

post-4831-0-76847700-1467860023_thumb.png

• Like 2

I understand MrGunsNGear has one for review.  I'll watch the review.

Honestly this plays in the same space as the Scorpion.  It beats the Scorpion on price but I'd rather pay $300 more and get the Scorpion.  I'd really rather have an MPX but don't see ever paying that much for a 9 mil.

• Like 1

I actually really like that it is compact and takes mags for a popular pistol vs some subgun mag or model specific mag.

Also, glad that it is something other than glock. There are plenty of PCCs that take glock mags. This gives viable options to people who use other guns.

It's just so ugly...

But it gotz railz!
I'd buy one at $300 (without the rails, lol).

Only the Russians can make an AK (a full rifle) that cheap.

My first pistol was polymer. I never had a problem with the plastic.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

I would have bought that, had they gotten here, and in the Glock mag configuration, in time to beat 41F.  Wanted the Definitive Arms AKX-9P but I balked at the price tag...  Bought a Scorpion Evo and filed a Form 1 on it instead.  Would have preferred AK controls, but realistically for me the 9mm carbine is just a range toy to shoot suppressed.

Edited by Netpackrat

I would have bought that, had they gotten here, and in the Glock mag configuration, in time to beat 41F.  Wanted the Definitive Arms AKX-9P but I balked at the price tag...  Bought a Scorpion Evo and filed a Form 1 on it instead.  Would have preferred AK controls, but realistically for me the 9mm carbine is just a range toy to shoot suppressed.

You can get aftermarket parts similar to ak controls.

DSC04118.jpg

HB-Industries-CZ-EVO3-AK-Style-Right-Sid

• Like 1

You can get aftermarket parts similar to ak controls.

Yes and no.  I was already planning to get the mag catch pictured, but a local friend offered me that safety for free, and I turned him down.  It works in the opposite direction as the AK safety, and having a safety that operates the same as that on my primary rifle but backwards, is worse than having a safety on it that's entirely different to begin with.  I'm just going to get the ambi-delete button for the right side of the safety and call it good.  The rest of the controls will never be made to operate like an AK, and that's just the way it is.  Is range toy.

I do hate plastic triggers.

What's got a plastic trigger?  My CZ doesn't, and I don't see any indication that the new 9mm AK pistold does, either.

I'm thinking a different hand guard, HK sights, thread the barrel, lose the front picatinny rails, change the grip, add a folding buttstock, SBR it........maybe then it would be cool.

Who wants to send me the first one?  Labor will be free.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

• Like 7

x25mm AK would be pretty awesome. Me being the "hipster" that I am I'd love a 5.7x28mm one or an AK chambered for .357sig

JDEKO,

7.62X25 LEAVES THE .357SIG IN THE DUST, PARTICULARLY IN A LONGER BARREL, AND PPS43 MAGS ARE A KNOWN GOOD FEEDING DEVICE WITH 35 ROUND CAPACITY.

AMMO IS FAIRLY CHEAP, $16-$18X 50 AND HOLLOW POINTS FROM PPU AVAILABLE.

JESS1344

• Like 1

I'm thinking a different hand guard, HK sights, thread the barrel, lose the front picatinny rails, change the grip, add a folding buttstock, SBR it........maybe then it would be cool.

Who wants to send me the first one?  Labor will be free.

Tony Rumore

Tromix

I look forward to seeing the result.

x25mm AK would be pretty awesome. Me being the "hipster" that I am I'd love a 5.7x28mm one or an AK chambered for .357sig

JDEKO,

7.62X25 LEAVES THE .357SIG IN THE DUST, PARTICULARLY IN A LONGER BARREL, AND PPS43 MAGS ARE A KNOWN GOOD FEEDING DEVICE WITH 35 ROUND CAPACITY.

AMMO IS FAIRLY CHEAP, $16-$18X 50 AND HOLLOW POINTS FROM PPU AVAILABLE.

JESS1344

its good to know my Tokarev is in some ways better than a .357SIG plastic wonder in some respects [capacity not withstanding].

• 1 year later...