So I won't bore you with why I want to tell State Farm to pound sand, but I have been with them since I was 16 (53 now).  Have had enough of paying for the high rate and getting raped.  So, what insurance companies do ya'll recommend? 

USAA is out.....just as expensive as State Farm.

I was looking at E Insurance a while back.

No tickets, no accidents, wife is 41, I'm 53.  Long time paid for 08 Nissan Versa, and a 2014 Ram 1500.

So nothing special here. 

Thanks.

Low annual mileage totals?  Car owned free and clear?  Just absolute minimum state insurance requirements?  A good alarm system?  Secret cut outs in vehicle?  I pay $102 bucks yearly for my '86 Suzuki Samurai Suicide baby Jeep 4x4.

Biggest rip off in the world is the insurance industry.  Legally Mandated auto insurance.  Fucking non believable but there you have it.  Last I heard traveling in your private property still falls under the US Constitution under the right of Liberty.

• Like 1

If a vehicle is not operated off your own property you do not need insurance.

I had American family years ago, dropped them like a hot rock when they sided with progressive and we're trying to have me go to their preferred shop when I had 5 quotes from other body shops that said replace not repair. It was 20 bucks different in cost, you can't repair plastic bumpers in freezing cold climates and expect them to last beyond the first back into a snowbank.

Now I am with nodal mutual, it's limited to my state but it's ran thru farm bureau.

Edited by montec

Forgot to add that a long term relationship with your personal independent insurance agent can help greatly.  Bundling everything together sometimes helps.  But ... trust but verify.  Check the people or company out.  Make sure the money gets to the right place.  Ask the 20 questions.

We're with Progressive.

Very low rates, compared to Geico.

The name Progressive tells you all you need to know about that company. Run away.
Lol! Not a great word today. I never looked into their politics.

Maybe the dems stole the word?

Edited by Sim_Player

Make sure whoever you pick that they have a very good record or reputation for paying claims without the run around or hassle.  You may pay less but never collect on a claim with some companies.  My wife worked in the insurance industry for over twenty years before the birth of our twins.  Some companies are just horrible on claims.  Of course that too was over 20 years ago.  The twins are 22 today!  Good luck on your search for the best balance on price and claims record. Bundling and multi car can get you discounts.  So will your driving record.  

PS......You have already discounted my carrier so I can't help you there.   Michigan has no fault auto insurance so that clouds things a little on rates too.  Rates went up after the law was enacted years ago.

So I won't bore you with why I want to tell State Farm to pound sand, but I have been with them since I was 16 (53 now).  Have had enough of paying for the high rate and getting raped.  So, what insurance companies do ya'll recommend? 

USAA is out.....just as expensive as State Farm.

I was looking at E Insurance a while back.

No tickets, no accidents, wife is 41, I'm 53.  Long time paid for 08 Nissan Versa, and a 2014 Ram 1500.

So nothing special here. 

Thanks.

I was with Liberty Mutual for 20+ years. I called Amica for a quote and we walked down my Liberty Mutual policy line for line and the premium was

cut in half for the same coverage. Also, you will be sent a refund check by Amica at the end of the year depending on how many claims they paid

through the year vs premiums they take in. Ask them about it.

Hope this helps,

X - State Farm

X- Liberty Mutual

X- Farmers

• Like 1