I've seen pretty much every mainstream horror movie out there, and lots of lesser known ones. My college roommate and I used to binge-watch them so I've more or less desensitized myself to the genre and I'm looking for something new. Any good but not-so-well-known ones that are worth a watch? 

On a different note, Lights Out looks promising. 

I'm an old geezer and I remember the first time I saw "Creature From The Black Lagoon" and the scene where the creature was swimming under the girl and reaching up to touch her feet -- that kept me out of the water for awhile!  Now of course I watch it for the comedy factor...

I think one of the better ones I've seen in the last few years was the re-make of "The Hills Have Eyes."  Of course I was hoping the whole time I was watching it that the idiot BIL who chose the bat over a few different firearms when going to look for his infant daughter in that nuclear test town would have bought the farm. :rolleyes::angry:

I don't watch too many movies anymore on Comcast pay per view.  Seems they'd just rather have you buy the movie (pay to own) than just to pay per view them now.  I'm not going to purchase any movie until I actually see it and think it's worth owning.

Oh, the Blade series are all pretty good.  Just can't stand Marvel (the comic book franchise) that I think created the whole Blade series idea, and how they (Stan Lee?) is trying to force homosexual acceptance on us all now. 016.gif

Zombieland,House of a Thousand Corpses,The Devils Rejects,The Dawn of the Dead remake is good,I've been binge watching past seasons of The Walking Dead tv series.The classics are timeless.For something twisted and different watch Dead Girl.I like the The Last Man on Earth (1964)Vincent Price based on the 1954 novel I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

Fall of America...and it is happening before our very eyes.

Please explain!Horror movies are destroying the country now?I can think of many more much serious threats that are real life and currently threatening our national security than horror movies.

• Like 1

American Psycho, The Blind Dead series, Dead Alive, Bad Taste, Reanimator series, Flesh for the beast, Hills have eyes (Original), Last house on the left (Original), Maniac Cop,Phantasm, Undead (an Aussie zombie flick), Flesh eater..

If ya like oldschool, The devil rides out, Plague of Zombies, Vampire Lovers (Hot, steamy 70's lesbo vampires), ledgend of the 7 golden vampires, Dracula '72...

https://youtu.be/QMXN9QMb5vM

https://youtu.be/FrlJ9Ejeulk

Fall of America...and it is happening before our very eyes.

The Fall of America the horror story unfolding before our very eyes.I apologize if I acted like a dick.

LOL.. No issues or offense taken...my point was there has not been a horror movie made yet that scares me more than our real future if current trends are not reversed. I know this was supposed to be a fun thread, comment was made tongue in cheek with a healthy dose of truthfulness. Carry on.

• Like 1

I feel like the only one out there who generally hates horror movies. They just don't scare me, and mostly seem like corny garbage. I get more annoyed at the ridiculous infallibility of the monsters/etc. and the way the victims make all the worst choices imaginable, are never armed, own cars that don't start, try to escape into dead end areas, etc.

• Like 1

I'm an old geezer and I remember the first time I saw "Creature From The Black Lagoon" and the scene where the creature was swimming under the girl and reaching up to touch her feet -- that kept me out of the water for awhile!  Now of course I watch it for the comedy factor...

Yeah saw that one as kid on a late (heh 10:30p) show. 

Next to Jaws it came to mind when swimming alone.

MST3k (google) did a great riff job on the sequel, funny as all hell.

Here is a link.

http://www.club-mst3k.com/episodes/801-revenge-of-the-creature

• Like 1

Favorite: John Carpenter's  'The Thing'

Worthy of Honorable mention:

Halloween (1978)

An American Werewolf in London (1981)

From Beyond (1986)

Near Dark (1987)

Pumpkinhead (1988)

Jacob's Ladder (1990)

Split Second (1992)

Ravenous (1999)

Splinter (2008)

A couple in the 'scared the bejeebers out of me as a kid, laughable now' category:

First Man Into Space (1959)

The Day of the Triffids (1962)

• Like 2

I liked Carpenter's version the best out of the 3. Also think the theory on the ending is kind of interesting. 

Carpenter and Russel should not be allowed to make movies unless they work together.

Have enjoyed all the movies they teamed up to make, The Thing is just the best.

I enjoyed The Thing, and also liked the "prequel" from 2011. I read that they worked very hard to make sure everything from the 2011 version matched-up with what was found in the version with Kurt Russell!

I also enjoyed the first "The Howling" movie. I used to read all the old books about werewolves, and many of the scenes shot in the movie brought to mind the illustrations from those old books.

Also, both versions of "Night of the Living Dead." The original B&W was good, and I'm a big fan of Patricia Tallman, so... yeah.  :up:

The Thing (carpenter's)

The Ring

The Legend of Hell House (1973)

Like many, those are the ones that stuck

John Carpenter's The Thing is my favorite of all time.  The sequel was...  unimpressive.

Aliens is my favorite action/horror.  Theatrical version please.  The extra fluff in the director's cut adds nothing.

The original Alien deserves an honorable mention also.  We won't mention the "other" alien movies.