I remember Terry Shappert saying that baseball bats are one of the best weapons one can use in CQB being as they're made specifically to be swung hard, fast, and accurately. I think a Green Beret is a good source for what are effective weapons.

Where were these bats 55 years ago?  I remember sinking finish nails and marine glue into our Louisville Slugger wood baseball bats sosss we could salvage them for team batting practice.  A brand new wood bat back then was expensive.  We saved them for important games.  Long ago, far away.  :)

Out of booleets????

Should have 'bought it cheap and stacked it deep!'

That said, a Louisville slugger leaves a lot less mess on your new carpet than a 12 ga.-

less hassle than a negligent discharge of you find yourself jumping at shadows too. 

Since most self-defense shoots happen at less than 9 feet a bat might actually be more effective in your house compared to a handgun. No real worries about "bat placement," if you connect with the bat that guy is going down. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001DRNLE6/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Read the reviews. Very entertaining!

Now, I want one!

I love this bit from the FAQ's....

The Tony Soprano signature series bat...for the aspiring Gambino Bambino!

Question: im an italian gangster, and i was just wondering if the surface of this bat catches finger prints.

Answer: The surface does have some grooves that are not deep, but a good enough tech could probably retrieve prints on some parts. High heat would be suggested to destroy the bat if worried about evidence.

By KSSS on October 18, 2014

• Like 1

Pick handles are even better, more meat in the "sweet"spot.

My sister in law used to carry an axe handle in her car "just in case" before she reproduced and seemingly lost her spine in the process. 

Too tip-heavy, though you could thrust with it more effectively. 

I have a hypothesis that someone would be more likely to hit someone with a bat than with a blade or shoot them since beating someone with blunt force is what our bodies are meant to do, the bat is just and extra long arm with a fist that doesn't hurt when you hit someone with them as opposed to "deadly weapons" like a sword or gun. A bat is just as capable against an unarmored opponent at 9 feet or less than a pistol or bat and if it lowers the chance of flinching or double-thinking attacking the burglar I'd say that's a big advantage. 

How many of you actually read the reviews?

That was supposed to be the focus. Not promoting purchase.

Of course, a reliable gun is better than anything else.

Edited by Sim_Player