Time to show some real support for US law enforcement. These guys and gals and their families are hurting, and they need to know we're behind them.

Shout out!

post-18546-0-72676600-1468868943_thumb.png

• Like 7

My deceased mother volunteered over 30 years for the local PD. These officers were family to us. When she passed, approximately 200+ officers attended her funeral service. The Mayor, Police Chief, Fire Chief, City Clergy, City Counsel Members, State Representatives and local TV station did a story on her. All nationalities and colors were represented. The Mayor personally told me folks like your mother don't exist anymore. The newer generations just simply pack up and move away. My mother was well off and could have practically moved any place she wanted, but she chose to stay put and fight for what was right for the officers she loved. She was a change agent, and a proxy for the men and women in blue and would not take no for an answer when she fought for these officers.

• Like 3

invalor-1.gif

"There is a select few who exemplify community service. They’re not mortals. They’re products of the very communities they serve. They will go where others won’t. They will expose themselves to things that others won’t. They are the police—the thin blue line." 

Edited by Odd Man Out
  • Like 3

My brother was a MP in 1969 turned copper for 33 years after. People forget that for almost every crappy thing that happens in life-They are the first responder. Fatal accidents, suicides, domestic disturbances, maybe a family member dies and the EMT or coroner hasn't made it yet. We've had a lot of talks through life, it can be a truly thankless job considering just how much they're exposed to that most people don't think about. His famous line was "everyone loves a fireman, hates a cop". He even got the call to save the asses of NWA back in the day when their fans got out of control (Yup, that really happened). Glad he retired before all this shit hit the fan, but no matter how long it's been he's still a cop on the inside. This latest round of shit really needs to stop.

• Like 4

My cop buddy and I go way back, but the last decade we saw GWAR, Slayer, etc. He was a week away from being called to the Baltimore riots. Thankfully, when idiots shit where they eat, they peter out real quick.

• Like 2