McAuliffe Grants Clemency to 200k Felons So They Can Vote

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/07/23/3801355/virginia-felon-voting-update/

Virginia Governor Bypasses Court Ruling To Help 200,000 Ex-Felons Vote

I wonder if this fucking moron realizes that he just restored gun rights to 200,000 criminals.  But why would he care about that?  Of course that's really a different argument, whether a felon should get back all their rights after they have served their time.  It's just the hypocrisy of it that galls.

And he's signing 200,000 clemencies by hand, one by one, according to the article.  Which we know is BULLSHIT.  He signed 10 for the cameras and the rest will be stamped by interns.

Every time I think the craps have sunk as low as possible, they just find a new low.  At this point I think if a democrap was standing at the bottom of a black hole they'd still find a way to sink lower.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 4

OVERRULED. Va supreme Court overruled this.

No.  Click the link I posted.  The VASC overruled his plan to restore voting rights to felons.  In response to THAT he's simply granting them all clemency. 

Because when a court rules in favor of a liberal then it's final, settled, finished, over, done.  You just shut the fuck up because the courts have RULED.  When a court rules against a liberal they just do whatever they want anyway.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 3

I know this will be unpopular here, but I think we should have two classes of citizens: Those currently serving an active sentence, and Everyone else with full rights of citizenship. States in between are a problem. Felons who served their sentences should be able to vote. Non-violent felons should be able to defend themselves. 

Now all of that should come in under rule of law, not by cutting corners on the legislative process.

This goes back to what was said all along.  Too many idiots vote.  Most who do vote are idiots.  They have NOT earned that right.  Citizenship and the Franchise MUST be earned.  Preferably with sweat, terror and blood.  That plus actually paying taxes into the system where you vote.  A chicken in every pot? Bull Shit.  Who pays for the chicken?  Why is the DEMO Guv doing this?

He must understand what he is doing.  Sosss ... why?  Many levels.  At the least doesn't he understand he might get impeached by the Virginia Voters?  A dozen or so pardons is understandable ... just before leaving office for whatever.  But 200,000?  I hope he or his staff have hand picked the winners.  On some levels I agree with the Governor.  But on so many levels I do not.  Wow!

I know this will be unpopular here, but I think we should have two classes of citizens: Those currently serving an active sentence, and Everyone else with full rights of citizenship. States in between are a problem. Felons who served their sentences should be able to vote. Non-violent felons should be able to defend themselves.

Now all of that should come in under rule of law, not by cutting corners on the legislative process.

Wasn't it way back in the day, you got our and they handed you all your stuff including your weapon? If you served your time you got back your rights, non of this crap hanging over there heads to not get a job or housing.

Honestly over the last 30 years or so, the closing of mental hospitals and other places where they put the so called "undesirables" and putting them on the street has made this.

Sex offender, neuter and spade the fvckers, keep having kids with no way to support them same fvcking thing. It's cheaper to fix then to keep paying for bastage children that will repeat the cycle. Violent criminals, death. Use the kISS method you dumb fvcks with bleeding hearts.

I've told my young son, don't fight on school grounds, kick their rear after school, away from school grounds.

• Like 1

This goes back to what was said all along.  Too many idiots vote.  Most who do vote are idiots.  They have NOT earned that right.  Citizenship and the Franchise MUST be earned.  Preferably with sweat, terror and blood.  That plus actually paying taxes into the system where you vote.  A chicken in every pot? Bull Shit.  Who pays for the chicken?  Why is the DEMO Guv doing this?

He must understand what he is doing.  Sosss ... why?  Many levels.  At the least doesn't he understand he might get impeached by the Virginia Voters?  A dozen or so pardons is understandable ... just before leaving office for whatever.  But 200,000?  I hope he or his staff have hand picked the winners.  On some levels I agree with the Governor.  But on so many levels I do not.  Wow!

I like R.A. Heinlein's way. Wanna vote? Military service gets you the right.