when did the general discussion become politics and news?

Haven't been around much, life n stuff. Maybe its for the best. General discussion seems to be the new latest news and political discussion section. Sure isn't very saiga forumish last few times Ive dropped by. Guess ill go talk about guns and fishing and outdoorsy stuff while you all enjoy bickering about politics and what happened on todays new episode of The View.

is Poly still ripping people off?

Pauly is old news, no need to beat a dead horse. The ban on most Russian weaponry put a big dent in new members. Most of us have our Saigas more or less complete so about all we have to do is talk politics and other balled-up sheet, fishing and cooking stories, occasionally posting pics of our guns and answering the infrequent newbie questions. Basically it's the gubermint's fault so we talk about the gubermint.

• Like 2

Pauly is old news, no need to beat a dead horse. The ban on most Russian weaponry put a big dent in new members. Most of us have our Saigas more or less complete so about all we have to do is talk politics and other balled-up sheet, fishing and cooking stories, occasionally posting pics of our guns and answering the infrequent newbie questions. Basically it's the gubermint's fault so we talk about the gubermint.

You are fresh for sure. "Its the governments fault break the rules, post shit people don't want to read where It doesn't belong.  Run all the people off that don't want to hear your shit."

I'm seeing the trend. Hate it for the ones left from way back. Seems pretty draining and mind numbing.

Heartbreaker nailed it, and yes, he is new blood here.

We still talk talk gun-stuff and try to offer advice.

This has become a social network for those of us that don't facebook or tweet.

Members posting the latest political news that others might not see or be aware of.

If it was only about Saigas and not friends talking, this site would be a ghost town.

We all know that the Political Section is where posts go to die.

Want to change the topic? Contribute fresh material.

Always liked seeing you around Chevy.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

We all know that the Political Section is where posts go to die. 

That was for a reason. There is a reason this place is a ghost town.

This was always a place of Saigas and guns not politics and current events. Sad to see were it has gone.

Edited by Chevyman097

Saigas were banned. Attendance is down...

Not much else to say.

I appreciate the folks that stuck around, regardless of what they post. Lame posts get no replies and die quickly.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 2

"View New Content" is very handy if you want to filter old BS threads.

Happy to see you around again!

What have you been up to?

(Feel free to start another thread.)

~Sim

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1

Hi Chevy!

Yep, pretty much dead around here.

The ban was the last straw, the camel's back is broken.

But I'd be happy to talk shooting, hunting and fishing with you.

Or maybe even... cooking. Lol.

• Like 1

Hi Chevy!

Yep, pretty much dead around here.

The ban was the last straw, the camel's back is broken.

But I'd be happy to talk shooting, hunting and fishing with you.

Or maybe even... cooking. Lol.

ya im sad to see its so slow around here. Well pretty much in my free time im either shooting or fishing. I dont forum much anymore. But that last few times i dropped by there has been much interesting to read. I hope maybe it picks back up. Was a great forum full of good people. Always loved seeing what was being built or given away.

• Like 2

I got more into ARs in the past two years, but I'd still rather stick around and talk random bullshit here than join some operator-infested AR forum.

Yep. Totally agree. I've been here about 5 years and converted 3 x39's entirely from advice and instructions from this site. I do miss the constant flow of new members and their queations, and I really miss some of the people that used to be major contributors to the site but areally now gone. Like you said, I'd still rather shot the ship here than just about anywhere else.

I do agree with the "Post it and we'll talk about it".

Distalradius popped in to say hello, he had pics of his S12 SBS in a new configuration. It was really nice.

His thread has been active, educational and exactly what we used to see here all the time.

Post it and they'll come.

• Like 1

We could always change the name to "The detachable mag-fed shotgun forum". Add stuff like the new Turkish guns, ddi 12, more on the catamounts, Standard Manufacturing SKO (not out tho), Genesis 12 and whatever else comes out.

Yeah, let's change it because Chevyman complained.

....yeah.....that'll work.

...and my wife is.....

....Morgan Fairchild....yeah...that's it.....:D

We could always change the name to "The detachable mag-fed shotgun forum". Add stuff like the new Turkish guns, ddi 12, more on the catamounts, Standard Manufacturing SKO (not out tho), Genesis 12 and whatever else comes out.

The fact is a lot of us do have converted Saigas rifles or shotguns. The fact that they have been fun and are exceptionally dependable and also now a rare gun I think makes us close here.

I like building guns but my Saigas will always be high on my favorite list.

I got more into ARs in the past two years, but I'd still rather stick around and talk random bullshit here than join some operator-infested AR forum.

Actually, sir, I belong to an AR forum that is very operator-free. Of course, you get the occasional newcomer with their NcStar lights, lasers and optics with pressure switches running country miles to the folding uber-tacti-grips, but for the most part, they all follow the "Keep It Simple Stupid" rules (K.I.S.S., they call it). Somewhat like this forum, though, they've become a tight knit kind of community, but for different reasons. Theirs being that they are the somewhat lesser known AR forum, but they are extremely knowledgeable people on the subject. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you their URL if you're interested in joining.