I went out and shot my Saiga's and again they were boringly reliable. They fed everything I ran through them, and the kicker is that they stayed on target. It has been super boring days at the range with everything working 100%.

Now that I can't get Saiga rifles the new challenge has been how to make AR15's and get them as reliable as my Saiga rifles. That took me about 10 minutes. Proper lubrication is the key, and actually using the correct buffer gas tube combation. Tried 300 black out for a month. Gave it up. Too much trouble making rounds for it with the volume I try to shoot.

I started shooting 3 gun and that has been a good challenge. Started with a Browning A5, but wanted something to be more competative. I just got a Stoeger 3000 ready since Saiga 12's are either restricted from use or put you in the unlimited bracket.

So, then I thought to myself. "Self"-  me thinking . . . .

"What have I not messed with in a while?" 22lr

Went to my "war room" and got out trusty Browning Buckmark. I'm going to play hooky from work later today and go shoot the hell out it. I will post pictures so everyone knows it happened. Cause we all know without pictures posts are worthless.

• Like 5

BMs are my fave!!  the mag ejects out so positevely, and lock in so surely, just feeels solid....

guy at work says he has all his guns wrote down on graph paper... he has it color coded so if it failed or broke or not he fills a square in with red yellow or green highlighter... has a lot of guns obviously.  anyone have a spreadsheet all made up like that already?

Just got home from the range. A pic of the Buckmark, and one target shot 15 yard semi rapid fire. Great gun. Forgot how much I like it.

I also took the Stoger out to practice quad loading and trigger time. Sorry, no photos of the Stoeger.

post-33094-0-03528800-1469817934_thumb.jpg

post-33094-0-08356600-1469817950_thumb.jpg

BMs are my fave!!  the mag ejects out so positevely, and lock in so surely, just feeels solid....

guy at work says he has all his guns wrote down on graph paper... he has it color coded so if it failed or broke or not he fills a square in with red yellow or green highlighter... has a lot of guns obviously.  anyone have a spreadsheet all made up like that already?

I dont even want to count all of my guns, much less make a spreadsheet for each one.

Just got home from the range. A pic of the Buckmark, and one target shot 15 yard semi rapid fire. Great gun. Forgot how much I like it.

I also took the Stoger out to practice quad loading and trigger time. Sorry, no photos of the Stoeger.

Had a Buckmark for a long time and it's a true gem of a pistol.

Got rid of the fragile fiber front sight and replaced it with steel like yours is shown, works well.

• Like 2

I went to a long range .45-70 BP Cartridge match with my son a couple weeks ago. after he shot he let me give it a whirl. I hit the 500 yard ram 3 out of 4 shots. The other hit was from him setting the caliper sight. He has a Browning Sharpe's High Wall with a 30" barrel shooting 65 gr. black powder under a 500 grain hard cast lead bullet. That pushes the bullet at roughly 1200 FPS with just about a 33' drop and a 1.5 second time of flight. He and his soon-to-be FIL do their own casting. 

post-23857-0-02079800-1469827519_thumb.jpg

post-23857-0-92132900-1469827603_thumb.jpg

Edited by YOT
  • Like 2

Here is my son shooting and Al Future FIL spotting. (trigger warning for background language) If you listen close you can hear a shot hit at about the 15 second mark, but I'm not sure if that Evan's or the shot right after his. He won a "Golden Buffalo Pin" this past weekend for hitting a buffalo at 300 yards 2 for 2 shots with a .22 LR.

Edited by YOT
  • Like 1

I went out and shot my Saiga's and again they were boringly reliable. They fed everything I ran through them, and the kicker is that they stayed on target. It has been super boring days at the range with everything working 100%.

Now that I can't get Saiga rifles the new challenge has been how to make AR15's and get them as reliable as my Saiga rifles. That took me about 10 minutes. Proper lubrication is the key, and actually using the correct buffer gas tube combation. Tried 300 black out for a month. Gave it up. Too much trouble making rounds for it with the volume I try to shoot.

I started shooting 3 gun and that has been a good challenge. Started with a Browning A5, but wanted something to be more competative. I just got a Stoeger 3000 ready since Saiga 12's are either restricted from use or put you in the unlimited bracket.

So, then I thought to myself. "Self"-  me thinking . . . .

"What have I not messed with in a while?" 22lr

Went to my "war room" and got out trusty Browning Buckmark. I'm going to play hooky from work later today and go shoot the hell out it. I will post pictures so everyone knows it happened. Cause we all know without pictures posts are worthless.

So many guns so little time

Just started building a AR 556 on a 80 % lower as I do not have one personally. Never felt the need as my Saiga with AR mag adapter runs so much better in 556. It is just more versatile with a folding stock than an AR and runs all day long.

I will never sell it.

I dont even want to count all of my guns, much less make a spreadsheet for each one.

low tech prob be better... not traceable, tinfoily speaking...

those pics of the shooting range are tiiiiiiiiiits!!! i really think a coffee table book with some cool range pics would be neat...

All that whining, and not one post from Chevyman097

I guess maybe I'll post something gun-related, and add some cheese for all that whine at the same time.

http://incrediblethings.com/toys-games/cheese-ball-machine-gun/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXcKEu72RCk

Edited by patriot
  • Like 2

Took my oldest daughter out for some fun! She is shooting my 3 gun pistol. HK VP9 9mm with Advantage Tactical sights, and competition trigger spring kit.

What??!!!!!???

No UN Blue targets?

• Like 1

think i picking up a cz scorp in FDE soon...

some other gun talk, anyone make an affordable ($15 ish) 1in diameter flashlight mount, m-lok or keybod?  i wanna put my flashlight directly to the rail without rail sections, i  thought that was the purpose of this new system was to use fewer parts?  or maybe that would just be a sideffect?

any thoughts on the beretta pico?  i been needing a boot gun, seems like a good bet, its not a taurus... haahah  my main concerns are minimal recoil and reliability...

does flashlight talk count in here? if i carry it while packing heat on the way to work???  i need an EDC/all day work light.... any suggestions?  i have a stinger led, but want a pocket light with maybe that 3.7mah coast style deal... focusable light doesnt matter...

Edited by saltydecimator

some other gun talk, anyone make an affordable ($15 ish) 1in diameter flashlight mount, m-lok or keybod?  i wanna put my flashlight directly to the rail without rail sections, i  thought that was the purpose of this new system was to use fewer parts?  or maybe that would just be a sideffect?

any thoughts on the beretta pico?  i been needing a boot gun, seems like a good bet, its not a taurus... haahah  my main concerns are minimal recoil and reliability...

does flashlight talk count in here? if i carry it while packing heat on the way to work???  i need an EDC/all day work light.... any suggestions?  i have a stinger led, but want a pocket light with maybe that 3.7mah coast style deal... focusable light doesnt matter...

I believe you just described most low pro scope rings...

I believe you just described most low pro scope rings...

with an mlok or keymod interface vs the weaver or picatinny or whatever?

direct interface like this, and cheap, not 40 bucks, sheesh

arisaka-ring-light-mount-keymod-ring-lig

Edited by saltydecimator

Made some money today so I can buy more gun stuff, or put gas in my truck so I can drive to the range.

Oh, and I got my MAGPUL PMAGS in the post today.

Edited by patriot
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...