Looking to sell a self-converted Saiga .308. This was my 3rd Saiga conversion, but my first attempt at a .308. The pistol grip hole was already cut from the factory, however, I did have to drill one hole under the pistol grip for the trigger guard. High temp black spray paint was used to cover the bare metal after converting. I did also attempt to remove the front sight block to thread the barrel, but it is ON there. Ultimately, I replaced the pins and moved on to other projects. Unfortunately, fighting the front sight block did leave a few areas of the rifle's "finish" worn and some marks on the front sight block itself. I've tried my best to capture this in the pictures below. The only other issue is that when the stock was drilled for the retaining screws, it was done poorly and the screw heads sit a little crooked. Otherwise, the rifle is in great shape and functions flawlessly.

Due to being a project gun from the start, it barely saw any range time. In fact, I have less than 75 rounds through it (all brass FMJ), and that was mostly just to "break in" the barrel. To accomplish this, I did a cleaning for every shot fired for the first 10 shots, then stepped the cleaning intervals up to one cleaning for every 2 shots for another 10 shots, and finally, every 5 for 20. I then put about another 15 through. After that, it has not been shot, rather, it was cleaned once more and just sitting in a foam hard case when I wasn't tinkering with it. Shortly after, I had acquired an M1A, which I believe better fits the "DMR style" role I had planned for the Saiga, which is why the Saiga includes an optic mount, but no optic.

Parts and Accessories List:

• Dinzag's Saiga trigger guard
  • Tapco single hook G2 fire control group
  • Hogue pistol grip w/ steel "T-nut"
  • KVAR Nato length stock
  • Tapco axis pin retaining plate
  • Ultimak ACR2 tri-rail
  • American Defense QD picatinny to bipod adapter
  • RSregulate 303 w/ AKR side rail optics mount
  • Russian surplus OD green sling
  • Magpul rail sling attachment (RSA)
  • 11x CSSpec steel 20 round magazines (extra hard finish)
  • 2x Factory 8 round magazines

Asking $1,450.00 (includes shipping).

Postal money order preferred.

Will not ship to any restricted states, so please be sure that you can own this firearm in your area before asking to purchase!

Pictures:

(Does NOT include bipod)

DSC08721.jpg

DSC08723.jpg

DSC08727.jpg

DSC08729.jpg

DSC08731.jpg

DSC08733.jpg

DSC08734.jpg

DSC08736.jpg

DSC08738.jpg

It seems the dust cover has picked up a light scratch somewhere along the way.

DSC08740.jpg

DSC08741.jpg

This is the area with the most wear from trying to remove the front sight block.

DSC08743.jpg

DSC08742.jpg

DSC08744.jpg

The roll marks were filled with white crayon. It was just a look I've always liked for the Saiga platform, so I went ahead and did it one day.

DSC08747.jpg

OTK stamp on the sling.

DSC08749.jpg

Magpul RSA.

DSC08750.jpg

Comes with everything pictured. All 11 CSSpec mags were opened from their plastic wraps, loaded, then put in a .50 ammo can, except for the three without wrappers. Those were stored in the padded case with the rifle. Each has brass marks on the followers from being unloaded. None of the magazines had to be filed to fit. The handguard is the one from the factory.

DSC08752.jpg

DSC08754.jpg

DSC08755.jpg

DSC08757.jpg

One of the factory 8 round magazine's body seems to be a little too wide as it allows the follower to ride higher in the magazine than it should. This is not an issue when it is loaded, but if trying to insert it into the rifle when the magazine is empty, the follower has to be pushed down a little and the body be compressed slightly to not allow the follower to travel further than it's supposed to. Otherwise, it will act as if though it is too wide for the mag well of the rifle.
DSC08758.jpg

DSC08760.jpg

DSC08759.jpg

DSC08761.jpg

DSC08767.jpg

DSC08763.jpg

Feel free to request any additional images.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by forsaken352
  • Like 2

Mine is off the market, but if I wanted another, I'd grab this bad boy.  Remember those mags are $50 each alone.  Very nice rifle.  How did you get the lettering to show white like that?

Thanks! I used a white crayon and a hair dryer to melt it in a little.

Dude...I just picked up a VEPR 12.  If I hadn't I would give you 1150 for this EASY.  I would love to have a pair of them.  I honestly don't think people get how solid the S308 is for the money.  Especially with all those Csspec mags.  

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of surprised it has not sold yet. That's alright, though. I'm sure someone will be interested in it someday. Congratulations on the VEPR!

Dude...I just picked up a VEPR 12.  If I hadn't I would give you 1150 for this EASY.  I would love to have a pair of them.  I honestly don't think people get how solid the S308 is for the money.  Especially with all those Csspec mags.  

To be perfectly honest, I'm kind of surprised it has not sold yet. That's alright, though. I'm sure someone will be interested in it someday. Congratulations on the VEPR!

I was surprised when mine didn't sell either.  And your package is worth more than mine.   Either the Saiga 308 is unknown to most folks or people just dont want to buy used guns.  I can say with definite confidence that your package is a steal at 1150.  That's the price of a low-mid level DI AR.  Those guys buying $1000- Direct Inject rifles that shoot 5.56 (.22 LR on steroids) might not be aware that they can get into a piston driven gun that shoots 7.62 NATO rounds reliably for 30,000+ rounds for the same money.  No offense to them.  Just kind of interesting to me.  

I know this doesn't help, but I recently picked one up in basic conversion and paid $700 for it with two SGM mags. Had yours been available at the current price at that time, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. My suggestion would be to part it off. Gun separate from mags, and RS mount. I think you will sell it and get more in the long run for it. I would be up for several of the mags and the mount if you go that direction. I just think many of us interested in an AK in that caliber don't want two of them, and those that want to get into that caliber in an AK don't want to spend for the whole package, even if it is a really outstanding deal. And this is an outstanding deal. Just my 2 cents.

I was surprised when mine didn't sell either.  And your package is worth more than mine.   Either the Saiga 308 is unknown to most folks or people just dont want to buy used guns.  I can say with definite confidence that your package is a steal at 1150.  That's the price of a low-mid level DI AR.  Those guys buying $1000- Direct Inject rifles that shoot 5.56 (.22 LR on steroids) might not be aware that they can get into a piston driven gun that shoots 7.62 NATO rounds reliably for 30,000+ rounds for the same money.  No offense to them.  Just kind of interesting to me.  

Well, I only posted it for sale on this website, so it's possible a lot of these guys are already set for .308, whether it's a Saiga platform or something else. Your guess is as good as mine. cool.png

I know this doesn't help, but I recently picked one up in basic conversion and paid $700 for it with two SGM mags. Had yours been available at the current price at that time, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat. My suggestion would be to part it off. Gun separate from mags, and RS mount. I think you will sell it and get more in the long run for it. I would be up for several of the mags and the mount if you go that direction. I just think many of us interested in an AK in that caliber don't want two of them, and those that want to get into that caliber in an AK don't want to spend for the whole package, even if it is a really outstanding deal. And this is an outstanding deal. Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, I'm not keen on the idea of trying to sell anything separately at this time, even if it did mean I would gain more in the long run. I'm trying to "dump it" as soon as possible. I could use the money...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well guys, I guess I lied. I could really use the money...

Price dropped to $950.00. Price still includes cost of shipping.

You KNOW it's a good deal! If you don't want it, tell your friends about it! smile.png

One thing I failed to mention in the first post, however, is that I'm not really interested in piecing out any part of this. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.