Hey Guys:

I'm interested in getting a semi-auto 12ga. shotgun just in case Hitlery wins the election.

I'm interested in the DDI-12.

Something I've heard about these, Saiga-12s, and Veprs is they have adjustable gas tubes or gas systems. 

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this about and how do you know how to adjust your gun depending on the ammo (or length) you use. I'm used to simply loading your shells and firing. 

Can a semi-auto shotgun blow-up if you don't have your gas adjustment set correctly? 

Does the gas adjustment have something to do with letting the gun cycle rounds properly? 

Thanks guys. As always, I just want to be safe with arms and not damage them either. 

Get a Vepr12. They're about $650-700 right now. They're made to run buck and slugs. They're higher quality in every aspect when compared to DDI and Saiga. Fit/finish and detailing is second to none in the AK world of factory guns. The aftermarket is growing for the Vepr12 too, especially since the Saiga is not importable anymore.

I don't know if you've read much about the DDI's but they seem to be having problems since they've been released.

Vepr has a non adjustable gas system.

Saiga model iz109 has an adjustable gas system. It will not blow up if adjusted incorrectly. There is an auto adjusting regulator available (Autoplug) that works very well.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...