I've got a better idea.  Just put a few pounds of tannerite on your shooting bench and then put the muzzle of your rifle right against the tannerite and shoot it.

That will sure teach them to wear hearing protection!  Am I right???

Fucking assholes who don't wear hearing protection deserve whatever they get!!!!

You'll wanna bring a dump truck to carry off the shattered benches.

..a meat wagon wouldn't hurt either.

Small price to pay to show those assholes without hearing protection how you really feel!

Not sure how much of that is sarcasm,

I'm not sure how much more sarcasm I could have put in that post but if it wasn't enough then I'll try to do better next time.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well if you want loud get a 7.5" AR with a baffle-style brake.

My 50bmg is pretty darn loud

I have spent real money on high end ear plugs and suppressors to escape loud guns and save what is left of my hearing.   If having a loud gun is your way of impressing people...... You are living a

Posted Images

The single port brake I added to my Ar carbine works great! Little to no muzzle rise, and L O U D !

Seeing the Echo Trigger pack has me thinking about AR-Trash seriously for the first time in my life.

Supposedly the echo trigger is being developed for other guns too. I'm probably getting one. Not sure how its prone to accidental discharge though, if you've useing proper gun safety.. . And you're not a complete dumbass.

Edited by Vance665

Supposedly the echo trigger is being developed for other guns too. I'm probably getting one. Not sure how its prone to accidental discharge though, if you've useing proper gun safety.. . And you're not a complete dumbass.

Pull the trigger, then what? You HAVE to release, then another shot fires.

Really BAD fuckin' idea.

• Like 2

If you can't see the danger of having a second shot rip on the reset, you're already "a complete dumbass". Let's just imagine for a split second that you don't need or want that second shot, but here you are with your finger holding the trigger back. "CEASE FIRE!" comes to mind.

• Like 2

If you can't see the danger of having a second shot rip on the reset, you're already "a complete dumbass". Let's just imagine for a split second that you don't need or want that second shot, but here you are with your finger holding the trigger back. "CEASE FIRE!" comes to mind.

Then you flip the switch to semi and let out the trigger. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Pull the trigger, then what? You HAVE to release, then another shot fires.

Really BAD fuckin' idea.

Echo gen2 solved this. See above post.

The Echo Trigger is designed with safety being the utmost priority. When the shooter is in the Echo Mode and depresses the trigger one round is fired, if the target moves, the shooter can move the selector to the safe position and a second round will not fire upon release.

I still see a huge potential for negligent discharge due to operator error, and I don't think anyone would even have to be a complete dumbass to have one.

Just a brainfart and oopsie!

Would it even be possible to make something like the Echo system for an AK?

Anything is possible. I definitely want one for my mini Draco.

Just look at the echo triggers like two round burst. If you want to make slow precise shots, use semi. If you want quick double taps or you just want to waste a bunch of ammo quickly use echo. You don't have to shoot on echo mode but its there if you want it.

I don't have one and might never get one based on the price. I want one and believe there is nothing inherently unsafe about them. Like any firearm proper training and respect is required. Not being a complete dumbass helps too.

Just silly old me 'hear', (pun intended) but why would anybody want a louder gun?  We are going the other way with more tax stamps for cans.  My hearing is shot.  Continuous ear ringing. Too many high power matches way back in the day.  Now trying to teach and impress to the young kids the need to save their hearing.  I did not.  Perhaps they 'can'.  Thus the suppressors.

All Oregon, US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply.

I can see that getting classified a machine gun really soon.  That's 2 shots per trigger pull, it's selectable, and not a doubling type malfunction.  If that's legal, so is 3 rnd burst.  Burst isn't, so neither is the Echo.  You're paying $400 to go to prison if caught with that thing!  I wouldn't doubt that it's a ATF sting operation to ensnare a bunch of dumbasses.  Buy one and they got your name and address, to bust you at their leisure.  Another good way to cut down on, and defame gun owners.

• Like 1

Plenty of muzzle brakes on the market to crank up the volume if that's your goal, and while not completely the same as the double trigger, they've had release triggers for skeet guns for years. Back in the 80's, the name escapes me, but there was a company that made a pivot device for the 68 Automag paintball gun that doubled and I have to say it really cranked up the fire rate. Then again it's not a firearm and had no provision for cancelling the second shot once you pull the trigger, I can see the Echo device having a limited market and probably close to zero usefulness at a public range. Plenty of stupid loud guns on the market if that's your goal, and while not a pistol, the .303  Enfield Jungle Carbine served that purpose very well (poor bastards).

• Like 1

I can see that getting classified a machine gun really soon.  That's 2 shots per trigger pull, it's selectable, and not a doubling type malfunction.  If that's legal, so is 3 rnd burst.  Burst isn't, so neither is the Echo.  You're paying $400 to go to prison if caught with that thing!  I wouldn't doubt that it's a ATF sting operation to ensnare a bunch of dumbasses.  Buy one and they got your name and address, to bust you at their leisure.  Another good way to cut down on, and defame gun owners.
It's 100% legal with current ATF rules. It fires 1 bullet per operation of the trigger, one for the pull and one for the release. 3 round burst fires 3 rounds with one pull, thus machine gun. That isn't to say that the ATF won't try to class it as a machine gun eventually, but for now it's a loophole that people have taken advantage of.

The Echo works well though, at least from MAC's video about it. The previous 2-for-1 trigger would let you pull the trigger before the hammer was ready and leave you needing to charge the weapon again. Echo seems not to do that. 

I want something that is functional, yet stylish, and somewhat affordable. My Saiga and PTR do those things well, and even my Tokarev if I describe it. Last month someone had a sawn-off 12ga that when he fired it was like a lightning strike or a flash-bang, that I'd not like.

Shot the S&W Governor again today with .45LC and that caliber really is like a calmer .357mag. Functionally a Redhawk in .45 Colt does seem like it would serve a purpose but honestly if that caliber is boring out of a short barrel it'd be even more so out of a long one. 

Plenty of stupid loud guns on the market if that's your goal, and while not a pistol, the .303  Enfield Jungle Carbine served that purpose very well (poor bastards).

tongue.png

DSC00681.jpg

persuaderfireball2.png

Longbranch No. 1 Mk. 4.   Shortened...alot, with an up-scaled AMD-65 style brake on it.

Someone else sporterized it before I did my work, part of me wishes they hadn't, the other part is glad they did, very fun little gun.

• Like 2