Muzzle Brake / Pressure / Cycling

OK So in my ongoing saga with my Saiga (which likes to work amazing on higher pressure loads, but then stop randomly) I stripped it all down again and really looked at the gas ports.. not just with a light through the barrel.. I mean I really inspected them.. and what I found is that while all three ports were visible.. and clear through... the gas block was in fact partially obstructing them.. so I cut the gas block back a bit on each side to fully expose all three ports... and then went to the range today... close to 50 rounds through the gun with zero stoppage on setting 2.. and one single stoppage on setting 1 (after about 8 rounds, and moved to 2) 

the back story is the reason the gun is under gassed is likely because it has a 14in barrel with a permanently attached brake (firestorm).. which leads me to my actual question.. 

I am finally happy with the performance of the gun.. enough to pay for the stamp and cut this brake off... but I am making a few assumptions here.. and the most important one.. is that removing that brake will not change cycling... the brake is wide open.. so I am going to assume that it has virtually no impact on how the gun is cycling.. but I need some input before I bite the bullet and remove the brake.. 

so the question is.. 

will a wide open brake such as the firestorm net any positive impact on cycling characteristics.. and more importantly.. will getting a stamp and removing this brake have any negative impact on my 14.5in Saiga.. I know ALL guns are different.. but I feel I have painted a pretty clear picture as to how the gun is performing.. 

only concern is high powered ammo.. I don't (and will not be) shoot light target loads out of this thing.. 

Brakes and flash hiders do not increase back pressure. Only suppressors and possibly some linear compensators do.

I assumed as much... if that is the case I should be safe to remove and retain the same performance I am experiencing now.. of course once I get a stamp..