New drop in cassette type trigger

First of it's kind? Wasn't something similar (cassette type FCG) just released by another company in the last 12 months, for like $400 or something absurd?

I just don't understand high dollar precision based FCG's in a non precision type rifle like the AK. "A fool and his money ...will soon be parted"

• Like 1

First of it's kind? Wasn't something similar (cassette type FCG) just released by another company in the last 12 months, for like $400 or something absurd?

I just don't understand high dollar precision based FCG's in a non precision type rifle like the AK. "A fool and his money ...will soon be parted"

I haven't seen this $400 one you speek of? Cmc said they were the first ak drop in trigger.

I agree with all of you $200+ is way too much for what it is. And it is still an ak no matter what you do.

If it was $100 or less it might be worth entertaining if you don't have a trigger for a conversion.

I thought it was a cool idea thats all

Edited by lowrydesign

I have a g2 in my s12 as well. Its a great trigger, the only thing i dont like about it is how much trigger travel and reset travel it has. I saw a quick clip of the cmc in action and holy cow the travel and reset is insane short, bumpfire would be easily achievable. I think it would be great for 3gun.

First of it's kind? Wasn't something similar (cassette type FCG) just released by another company in the last 12 months, for like $400 or something absurd?

I just don't understand high dollar precision based FCG's in a non precision type rifle like the AK. "A fool and his money ...will soon be parted"

I haven't seen this $400 one you speek of? Cmc said they were the first ak drop in trigger.

I agree with all of you $200+ is way too much for what it is. And it is still an ak no matter what you do.

If it was $100 or less it might be worth entertaining if you don't have a trigger for a conversion.

I thought it was a cool idea thats all

Elftmann drop in FCG. I was off on the price. It's only $290.

I put an ALG AKT into one of my AKMs, and despite my initial skepticism I've actually been pretty impressed. Not an expensive unit but performs very well and even comes with an accessory spring if one prefers a somewhat heavier pull with a nice clean break. I did have to fit it to the safety on that particular rifle. I'd like to put them in all my AK-type actions. Only complaint is they have a non-traditional contour which I could do without.

IMHO, the argument for decent triggers in an AK is not ultimate precision, but quick follow-ups.

From the center of the bow (vertically),Tapco G2 can be taken to about .080" total travel and the ALG AKT can be taken to about .065" total travel, while retaining reliability. They can both be extremely fast for a practiced user. I'd like to try one of the drop in trigger packs just to get some more perspective, but can't justify spending so much. I'd mainly be interested in knowing that total travel on these drop in units is, but I can't pay that much just to find out.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the inspiration, I had been wondering how much they could be limited, since that post I did some work and got my tapco to around .082".

I can now waste enjoy my money and ammo much faster now, I managed about 430 RPM on a mag dump, my previous best was about 350. Really wish I had the camera rolling on that one.

A Tapco G2 double hook fitted to a single hook receiver with a good stoning and polish is about all I have in my AKs now. 2.5# trigger (1.75# with JP springs), very little pre travel and nearly zero over travel, and short reset. Takes about 30 minute to do right from a standard DH G2, but it is cheap, effective, and I enjoy the work.

Disclaimer: I enjoy working on my own triggers over paying a premium for others to do it or buying a drop in. I strongly recommend however making sure you fully understand throughly how a trigger works, and how to verify that a modified trigger is safe before under taking any DIY projects with them. It will produce a better trigger job, and ensures your firearm does not go boom when you are not expecting it to.

• Like 1