SBS in MN/WI question....

Soon to be new Saiga 12 owner here with a few questions....

So in MN an SBS is illegal, now I can have an SBS if its a "curios or relic" of which the Saiga is neither I'm pretty sure..... but pretty much every other NFA item is legal. 

Now here is my question... We have a cabin in Wisconsin which is where I plan on shooting/keeping this.. Does anyone know if it would be possible in any way to have the gun made to be an SBS and registering it at a cabin/residence in a different state? Or would that not work at my DL is from MN of which I purchased the firearm with?

It sucks that SBSs are not legal in MN. Sorry to hear that. What you are proposing is illegal not just on a state but federal level as well. Apart from that, even legitimately stamped NFA items cannot be carried across state lines without prior permission of the BATFE. I don't agree with the laws, but that's what they are. My recommendation FWIW is to enjoy your new Saiga 12 as is and work on changing the law in MN.