Jump to content

SBS in MN/WI question....

Recommended Posts

Soon to be new Saiga 12 owner here with a few questions....


So in MN an SBS is illegal, now I can have an SBS if its a "curios or relic" of which the Saiga is neither I'm pretty sure..... but pretty much every other NFA item is legal. 


Now here is my question... We have a cabin in Wisconsin which is where I plan on shooting/keeping this.. Does anyone know if it would be possible in any way to have the gun made to be an SBS and registering it at a cabin/residence in a different state? Or would that not work at my DL is from MN of which I purchased the firearm with?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It sucks that SBSs are not legal in MN. Sorry to hear that. What you are proposing is illegal not just on a state but federal level as well. Apart from that, even legitimately stamped NFA items cannot be carried across state lines without prior permission of the BATFE. I don't agree with the laws, but that's what they are. My recommendation FWIW is to enjoy your new Saiga 12 as is and work on changing the law in MN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Chatbox

    Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
  • Create New...