Shoot it and test it before modifying it. Make sure it functions. Then change one thing at a time and test again. Rinse and repeat. They can be finicky with certain aftermarket parts and some sorting out might be in order.

Welcome.

Thanks guys, I've spent the better part of the last 5 working days reading on this site and several others.... So it's fairly correct to say I haven't gotten much work done. Really excited to get this in. Big sturgeon fishing trip/shooting trip planned September 23rd so It'll be put through the rounds (literally) then.

Is there anything I should look for, take apart, clean, etc when it comes in? Never taken a Saiga/AK apart, but AR's yes.

Quick edit...

Where is the best place to buy mags from? I'm getting several 10 rounders but would like a 12 as well. I swear I saw someone offering stick mags up to like 23 rounds as well.

Also, Skeleton stock.... Where is the best place to get one, and ease of install? I like the ACE version

Edited by Specialblend07

Unfortunately, it seems like nobody has them for sale anymore unless you'd like a white one. Legionusa has them in stock if you do.

https://www.legionusa.com/white-lower-handguard.html

Otherwise, your best bet may be to post a "WTB" ad on the "Firearm Parts & Accessories" section of this site.

Nice fourwheeler.

• 4 weeks later...

The bolt hold open is located just to the right of the trigger. Pull the charging handle to the rear, push up on the bolt hold open lever, and release the charging handle while maintaining upward pressure on the bolt hold open lever. Your bolt will now be held rearward and will make seating a magazine a bit easier.

As far as last round bolt hold open, I've seen it done, but it requires a bit of modification. I'm sure a Google search on the subject would yield some results.

Awesome thank you!

Another question and this one relates to sights..... At first I wanted a small red dot, but now I'm thinking of sticking to iron... I'd rather not weld on so it looks like CSS may be the way to go.. I like the look of the H&K sights, and would prefer something low profile and clean looking. Is there anything out there besides the CSS stuff? 

IMO the nicest irons are the ones Dinzag sells. They look more factory than factory, and are very cleanly made. No clamping screws sticking out. AK style front sight post.

Your other options for irons are: 1 Russian or russian style as sold by the forum store, CSS sights (take AR style front post), Krebs (take AR style front post.) Has nice ghost ring rear blade.

IMO of those, the Krebs are nicest. They all work the same. If you want to upgrade to tritium insert sights, AR based ones give you more options. Pretty much the only AK trit sight is the XS big dot, which I don't care for.

I ended up with the Krebs for right now. I do like the Dinzag ones though but I still needed a front sight and the cost on the Krebs all together was a little better. I also got a Trijicon front post. Hopefully have it this week. If I like it installed I'll keep it, if not well then a for sale post shall follow.. In the future I'm thinking of having the barrel cut down the adding a different suppressor to get me back to 18", in the mean time does anyone make a suppressor that is very short and wont add much if anything to the end of the barrel?

Edited by Specialblend07