DDI 12 possible bolt carrier issue?

Let me start by saying i have already contacted DDI via email about this issue but expect no reply during holiday weekend. I figured in the meantime id see what you guys think. Took it out shooting today, broke it down for cleaning and noticed the carrier/piston rod has a "hump" in the middle. You can see the wear marks on top of the "hump" already starting. This seems not normal to me and at the moment i have nothing to compare it to. I ran 15 slugs and about 100 rounds of federal bird shot through it. Aside from this possible issue i was happy with the day of shooting. The slugs ran fine as expected. Out of 100 rds of the target loads i had 4 stovepipes, it was ejecting very weak on the max gas setting but they were making it out. For fresh out of the box that exceded my expectations considering all the work my old Saiga needed to get it to do the same thing. A few observations, the "hand adjustable" gas system turned into needing small channel locks and a screwdriver after about 20 rnds. The thing is brutal on the shoulder more soar now than i ever was after shooting the siaga, for whatever reason. The AGP Arms 10 rounders and the Promag 20rd drum both fit right out of box with zero fitting needed. Both ran as good as the factory mags. All have more wobble than my Saiga did. Its slight but its there. Thats about it for now. Its fun as hell to shoot and the guys were lining up to try it, thanks for any input anyone may have on the carrier issue.

post-43709-0-99193700-1472959706_thumb.jpg

post-43709-0-51033100-1472959722_thumb.jpg

post-43709-0-59548100-1472959734_thumb.jpg

It looks like a design flaw, IMHO. Look at the shape of the part. It lends itself to weakening. An AK rifle piston is conical with no notch-outs (weak areas).

The piston is folding under pressure.

If you wanted to bend it, where would you place your knee?

Contact the manufacturer and ask for a free replacement, if it was no fault of your own.

I am no expert. I just like guns.

Edited by Sim_Player