Exterior Barrel Diameter of a Saiga 12

I was hoping to get a rail mount you clamp onto your barrel, however the one I saw said its 15/16th inches in diameter on the inside. I guess most are mean to go on mag-tubes instead of barrels.

Legion has one, I know but its 90 dollars and huge so I was hoping to find a smaller one that would work.

Basic digital calipers are like $13 on amazon. Nieko are OK. 

Frankly I wish I had bought mine years earlier than I first did. I use them all the time. More than I would a fine Starrett set. If you knock your cheapies off the bench, life goes on. 

You'll never regret having them.

• Like 4

Based on my discussion in private over barrel mounts I feel I should come clean over why I'm asking. I tried mounting a vertical grip on the underside of my gas block, and thought it would work since when I'd tighten my laser on there. But being as the rails were ground off/flat on my 433 on important and the fact the mount on the grip is poly instead of metal makes it slip. I liked having that grip there but don't want to worry about it coming off in my hand and possibly having my barrel brand me if I've been shooting a lot. 

• Like 1

There are a few things you can do, but none are really satisfactory.

1. Buy a new gas block with the rail intact (expensive)

2. Buy a clamp-on rail (would put the VG pretty far forward, may have trouble reaching it)

3. Get a handguard with a rail (I'm guessing you want to keep your custom wood furniture)

4. Screw a rail to your handguard (not great for custom wood furniture)

• Like 1

There are a few things you can do, but none are really satisfactory.

1. Buy a new gas block with the rail intact (expensive)

2. Buy a clamp-on rail (would put the VG pretty far forward, may have trouble reaching it)

3. Get a handguard with a rail (I'm guessing you want to keep your custom wood furniture)

4. Screw a rail to your handguard (not great for custom wood furniture)

5. Forego the VG, as the problem it is creating is disproportionate to the perceived benefit of its use.

2c.gif

• Like 1

6: do as I did: Press a threaded stud into the hole in the bottom of your gas block. Cut a piece of pic rail to fit, notch and mill where appropriate to make it fit snugly. Secure with two 5mm screws.

• Like 1