interesting.  i find that so disheartening.  i mean, over here, you have tons of know how and reputation.  but labor cost is high.  over there, labor cost is low, but so is know how and rep.  so we stuck in this silly limbo of either super high cost but decent product (if it ever gets built because of the low success rate cause market is fickle and cheap) or just swill that isnt worth the cash.  its like money laundering.  trick is to just get folks quasi interested enough to shell out some cash, then the warlords/clan laughs all the way to bank and design next
"best thing" .  

and retrofitting things nowadays is so offputting.  to me at least.  like the chiappa pak 9 vs the new psa akv.  akv is everything we could really want, but folks complaining about cost/blowback/forged trunnion.   chiappa is pretty ok, but $450-500 and has minimal ak familiarity.  to get it where it needs to be, ya gotta re build the dang thing, fab parts, etc etc.  and still the peanut gallery is gonna hate.  i guess what we should learn here is forums do not equal effective marketing.  ie, forums just gather folks together who wanna talk/complain/sit on the sidelines instead of make/accomplish/succeed.   and/or current gun market just has everyone (industry types primarily), (but also joe shmos like me who wanna sell stuff to buy new stuff?) bummed. 

The testing thing is what bugs me. I just don't understand why companies don't tease for a while, make sure it is good to go, and then release. Instead, they tease and release. Customer get to beta test on their dime to figure out they have a great looking paperweight. I keep forgetting that I have a few great reasons to make this gun run really short. I already started on my plan A and just haven't had time to take it the rest of the way.