You may find this stuff interesting: 

This was interesting. I didn't even think of sound being an issue firing a gun underwater. I honestly don't know anything about underwater firearms but I'm interested in learning more. There was a video that popped up after this of a guy shooting an AK in his swimming pool. It didn't seem to be modified. How does that work? I remember reading an article about a secret project the Russians were working on involving an AK variant that fired underwater. Guy shooting his AK in swimming pools bullets were only going like five feet. Not really a useful underwater weapon. The Russian project I read about actually had a little range and accuracy.

a suppressor drawing with a rifle cartridge exiting the bore

no doubt drawn and explained by a true expert 

I think that was expert trolling by someone with a sense of humor. And also who knows how youtube handles rankings. Every comment complaining about that boosts the video's rating.

This was interesting. I didn't even think of sound being an issue firing a gun underwater. I honestly don't know anything about underwater firearms but I'm interested in learning more. There was a video that popped up after this of a guy shooting an AK in his swimming pool. It didn't seem to be modified. How does that work? I remember reading an article about a secret project the Russians were working on involving an AK variant that fired underwater. Guy shooting his AK in swimming pools bullets were only going like five feet. Not really a useful underwater weapon. The Russian project I read about actually had a little range and accuracy.

Smarter Every Day? He did a series of intelligent slow motion studies of that. There were also some people you could call damn fools who did some really really dumb pool + slowmo AK shooting, and I think blew up an AR or something? I forget.

• Like 1

Firearms, Fishing and Food... All rolled into one sport, I like it.

Only problem with that method of harvesting is the amount of meat being wasted.

Not a lot of meat on them in the first place.

@ Zombieland

Lionfish is excellent, it is a delicate white meat with a mild flavor.

You can find it in many of the upscale fish markets/restaurants down here.

• Like 2

OK. Just found something else to put on the bucket list!

You and me too.

+1 I've never snorkeled,scuba dove,or shot anything under water but this looks awesome! Also would like to know what lion fish tastes like. The only ones living in my area are in pet stores or people's salt tanks. Someone would get upset if I started blasting them with a Glock!

I spent years freshwater snorkeling in the local lakes, until  my sons got older and ruined my gear. I was thinking I would replace my gear this summer but other things got in the way. Underwater is an entire other hidden world. 

I would think to get close enough for a bullet not to lose all energy in water (inches) it's going to be fairly easy to target a head shot, so the meat would remain fairly intact. Just an assumption.

Edited by YOT
  • Like 1

@ Zombieland

Lionfish is excellent, it is a delicate white meat with a mild flavor.

You can find it in many of the upscale fish markets/restaurants down here.

Thank you all for the education! I didn't know about lionfish being an invasive species or that they were tasty. There aren't really any big fish markets in my area but I want to try lionfish now. Some here may find this unappetizing but the wife and I enjoy sushi on occasion. Thru research I've read that lionfish sashimi is popular. I will ask about it next time we can afford to go out.

a suppressor drawing with a rifle cartridge exiting the bore

no doubt drawn and explained by a true expert 

I think that was expert trolling by someone with a sense of humor. And also who knows how youtube handles rankings. Every comment complaining about that boosts the video's rating.

Smarter Every Day? He did a series of intelligent slow motion studies of that. There were also some people you could call damn fools who did some really really dumb pool + slowmo AK shooting, and I think blew up an AR or something? I forget.

Yes Smarter Every Day. Guy had some very good video of an AK being fired underwater. I need to find and watch the guys blowing crap up now! LOL!