I just received my Kineti-Tech flash hider/blast deflector and I'm impressed.

The quality is great.  Machining looks good.  Finish looks good.  Shipping was fast.

I love the way it looks on my pistol/soon-to-be-sbr, both with and without sleeve.

If it works as good as it looks I'll be buying 3 or 4 more.

Size: 

Flash hider

2.325" x 0.92"/0.740"

Sleeve

2.270" x 1.220"

Weight:

3.51 oz total

2.48 oz flash hider

1.03 oz sleeve

Threads

1/2x28 barrel

13/16 x16 sleeve (solvent trap size)

And one more kindof cool feature.  You can screw the sleeve on backwards.  Convenient if you don't want to lose the sleeve when you don't need it.

post-4831-0-56154100-1475711359_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-93267200-1475711367_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-29598300-1475711330_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-20448500-1475711341_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-09201000-1475711379_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-61636700-1475711386_thumb.jpg

post-4831-0-79965500-1475711473.jpg

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 5

I'm not sure if I would ever want to use the sleeve. Perhaps for indoor shooting if I didn't want to startle the lane neighbors like jdeko.

I plan to get legit cans eventually, or muzzle brakes. I can't really think of a time when I wouldn't want one of those options on there.

I am not a fan of the muzzle blast of short barrels.  I like the idea of having the option of pushing it downrange.   I most definitely don't want a brake on a short barrel. 

Don't want to use these muzzle devices?  Don't.  I'm not trying to sell something or talk anybody into anything.  Cause not everybody likes the same things.  Fucking boring world if that was the case.  I post information about things here that interest me because maybe it will interest somebody else too.

Range Report.

I was shooting in the daylight with a 11.5" AR.

The muzzle blast without the shield is not horrible.  I expect the brakes are much worse.  The muzzle blast with the shield is slightly less.  Not as dramatic as I expected, but again I expect the difference with a brake would be more dramatic.

I can't say how much difference there is for people on either side of me.

There was no noticeable fireball either with or without the shield.

There was definitely a tuning fork ping.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the review and great pics.

I shoot mostly indoors so I like the idea of having a blast forward device. From the reviews I've read though, they basically obviate the braking effect of the comp and don't really do anything for an effective FH so you end up with all this weight at the end of your barrel that's doing nothing.

It does look cool but my practical side usually brings me back to a short, light, cheap, effective FH like the A2.  

Edited by Atomic Punk

"All this weight" is 3.5oz.  An A2 birdcage is 1.8oz.  So yeah, the A2 has a small weight advantage and if that's what you care about then by all means, use the A2.  Or use a simple thread protector.  Surely that's even lighter than an A2...

Compared to something like the Barking Spider which weighs 9.4oz, the Kinetitech is a lightweight.  I think it's insane to use something that heavy on your muzzle but to each his own.

So as I said, I'm not trying to sell these.  If you don't want to use one, don't.