Obama Care Insurance 2017 Price Increases ...

Has anybody else now experienced this?  Seems my 2017 medical insurance premiums will practically $DOUBLE$ for 2017.  Also the deductible $DOUBLES$.  Also the stop loss out of pocket expenses $DOUBLE$.  I have not gone into the specifics of my 2017 medical insurance but it also does not look good.  What the FOOK?  sad.png

Well all those people who are stealing money from the poor by working for a living have to be punished.

And those evil working people should have to provide healthcare for all who those who sneak into the country forgetting their documents.

How can the democrats provide for all those who wont work or dont work, if healthcare is affordable to the people who DO work?????

sheesh

• Like 3

A very good friend of mine was just talking about the increase. He could barely afford insurance for he and his daughter prior to the increase for next year and now cannot afford it. Great job assholes.

• Like 2

A very good friend of mine was just talking about the increase. He could barely afford insurance for he and his daughter prior to the increase for next year and now cannot afford it. Great job assholes.

My buddy can't afford the insurance. The fine for NOT having insurance is cheaper. He negotiates directly with his doctor. You'd be amazed how much less his Dr. will bill for services when it's cash. He gets it ALL instead of the pittance that the ins co allows, so he can charge less. WAY less.

• Like 2

Its working EXACTLY as planned

Can you say (single payer)

Precisely, and Hillary wants to be the one to take the ball into the end zone with that smug-ass fake grin on her face.

It was in fact planned to collapse. Single payer, total .gov control has been the end game from the onset.

Anyone surprised by this just hasn't been paying attention.

Single payer is what they want and they're going to have it no matter how many have to suffer and die!

• Like 6

Rant.  Twenty five, (25) years ago I tried and tried to get my extended nuclear family, (about 50) to strongly consider then start a common money pool for going medically self insured and negotiating deep discount cash payments or direct monthly installment plans.  This would have been wrapped around and into the proposed large nuclear family investment TRUST.  The proposal was shot down big time.  Is now the time for me to say "I told you so"?  More rant.  My INDIVIDUAL 2017 MONTHLY premium will "only" be ... ... ready for it? ... ... $1043 bucks.  Shiet.  sad.png

Edited by HB for s/p

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

Its working EXACTLY as planned

Can you say (single payer)

Precisely, and Hillary wants to be the one to take the ball into the end zone with that smug-ass fake grin on her face.

It was in fact planned to collapse. Single payer, total .gov control has been the end game from the onset.

Anyone surprised by this just hasn't been paying attention.

Single payer is what they want and they're going to have it no matter how many have to suffer and die!

The idea originally was to base it off of the MA mandated healthcare law. A few years into that law a state review was done which found the law to be completely f'd up and there was no proper solution to fix it than to go single payer. Anyone who thought at the start of this whole Obamacare bullshit that it wasn't heading that way from infancy was retarded. Prior to the stupid MA law, I could buy insulin from the pharmacy without insurance for $30 a month, that price has risen to $660 (likely more now but I have insurance so don't pay the out of pocket). It is completely insane and hurts those who need insurance even more than those who don't

• Like 1

We always paid out of pocket without insurance.

We worked out a payment plan, with the hospital, every time.

The prices weren't jacked up either. The hospital could claim a loss come tax-time.

Wow, again, big gov sucks.

Edited by Sim_Player
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Rant:  Unrelated kinds.  Pharmacy costs.  Before all this buell shiet, I was told by my MD that a maintenance dose of Quinine cost about 7 cents.  Inexpensive enough then.  Now the same dose is $70 bucks and only allowed for the signs and symptoms of Malaria.

My Insurance company laughs at me.

Quinine works for other stuff including night time horrible leg and body muscle cramps.  The pain gets mixed up by the Brain and get converted into major league big time nightmares.  Do not ask how I know this to be true.  Bedtime was not looked forward too most the time.

Enter the frequent trips to the State Run, (Oregon) ABC store.  Booze place.  Seems Tonic Water contains Quinine.  About 16 ounces daily at evening and bedtime along with vitamins stops the cramps cold.  People in town think I am a wino.  I could care less.  Yikes!

I was told the price increase of Quinine was directly related to the side effects of Obama Care.  I for one would rather make frequent night time bathroom peeing trips than suffer from Mega Tsunami and Impossible Train Wreck nightmare deaths .  Thank you Mr. President.  :(

Before Obamacare, my new inhaler was covered just like the rest, now since it really only works with those that the hfa cap doesn't work on, it's now no longer covered. If I tried insurance it would be $190 each, I now do cash on my med and it's still $78 Each, where be for a 3month supply of 3 was 50bucks.

Before Obamacare, my new inhaler was covered just like the rest, now since it really only works with those that the hfa cap doesn't work on, it's now no longer covered. If I tried insurance it would be $190 each, I now do cash on my med and it's still $78 Each, where be for a 3month supply of 3 was 50bucks.

obamacare is working exactly as planned. It was designed to diminish our financial power.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.  Another Rant.  This is so depressing.  Now I have spend some time trying to basically understand the Federal Insurance Market Place.  This is worserer than doing IRS taxes.  Which BEST insurance policy is the least expensive for me?  Many dynamic aspects in making a determination.

Has anybody else started to shop for required medical insurance for 2017?  I did try earlier today but quickly got so mad and angry with the $rates$ quoted I just stopped.  This will need to be done but I see no real easy way of doing sosss.  Anybody got any great ideas out there?

Looks like premiums will double.  Or more.  Deductible will double.  Stop loss will double.  This is with a plan and benefits I had in 2016.  Rx co pay will double.  MD Dr. office calls will triple.  No annual eye exams at all.  No more dental annual exams.  What the fook is happening? 

Hard numbers?  Providence Standard Silver.  $556 month for 2016.  $1047 for 2017 with the above.  Shiet.  Piisss.   Fook!  That is all.  sad.pngsad.png

More ... there was a good science fiction book titled The Forever War where a combat vet comes back to Earth years later due to time dilation and finds aged family loved ones receiving zero medical help at all when aged 80.  Science Fiction then.  Is this going to be our future reality?

Edited by HB of CJ

The problem is that the same MRI one gets in the US for $1000 is $100 in Japan.

Think about that when assigning blame for this f'in mess.

The medical industry, congress, administrations way back, and yes us are to blame. O'care is horrible of course and will get far worse but NOTHING WILL WORK until the medical folks have to play by the same rules EVERY other business in the US operates under.

• Like 2