Columbus Day protesters get flattened by truck driver

Based on the video, the driver will probably be charged with something. He didn't appear to be in immediate danger and showed he wasn't afraid, by having his window down.

If people surrounded my vehicle and refused to let me leave, I would plow through the crowd, to escape!

That wasn't the case here.

• Like 1

Easy to judge after the fact.  But here goes.  Maybe we all can learn from this?  How did he enter the situation to begin with?  Didn't he see it coming before he got into it?  Were there any warning signs?  Where was his forward situational awareness?

Boot legger reverse turns are well practiced.  I had fun doing so in the high range reverse gear, (10 speed Roadranger) in my old 10 wheeler Crown Supercoach ex school bus RV.  25 mph U turns.  Why didn't the pickup guy just back up and boggie away?

Did he want to provoke the situation?  The best confrontation is the one that never occurs.  The best situation like in the video is the one best avoided.  Avoid a non winnable situation.  It will be curious finding out later what happens to the pickup truck driver.

Also it looks like the thugs at the demonstration will all hired out.  But by whom?  And for what purpose?  They all looked too well dressed and turned out.  All young adults.  No kids.  No old folks.  Clean clothes?  Yep ... WHY the open window?  A set piece?

Was the whole thing stagged?  Convenient camera angle.

Except for all the unknowns everything is fine.  Perhaps just follow the money if possible?  Curious where that leads too.  So much of this shiet going on right now.  Past my bed time.  We are bolting down for that huge Pacific Northwest SW Oregon rain storm.

We all now must understand Columbus was an arse hole.  But ... the banks were closed sosss it had to be good. :) :)

Edited by HB of CJ

What ever happen to arresting protestors that impede traffice. IMO once you start blocking traffic and disturbing commerce the protest is no longer peaceful...It seems like lately, especially here in Charlotte, protestors have more rights than law abiding citizens.....smh

• Like 2

Based on the video, the driver will probably be charged with something. He didn't appear to be in immediate danger and showed he wasn't afraid, by having his window down.

If people surrounded my vehicle and refused to let me leave, I would plow through the crowd, to escape!

That wasn't the case here.

Except for that part where one of the protesters said "I'm gonna drag your ass outta your truck" just prior to him moving forward. 

• Like 2

What ever happen to arresting protestors that impede traffice. IMO once you start blocking traffic and disturbing commerce the protest is no longer peaceful...It seems like lately, especially here in Charlotte, protestors have more rights than law abiding citizens.....smh

They are infringing on another's right to freedom of movement.

IMHO, he had a right to not to be detained. They put themselves in harm's way, first.

My mom always told me, "Don't stand in the street!"

That would reflect personal accountability which is a foreign concept these days.

How parents should teach personal accountability, "If you stand in the street, someone might run your stupid ass over...."

• Like 1

I keep getting this image of Fred Thompson's character in Hunt for Red October proclaiming this stupidity is going to get us all killed.

I would have done the same thing, nothing else for it unfortunately. It is why I keep driving that gas hog truck of mine, stop this bitch... I think the idiots got off easy.

Edited by Rhodes1968