I've read really good reviews on millet scopes. I don't think they have a 2-7. OI know they make an awesome 4-16 that for the price is very good. But at 400 and under I'd look at a 1-4x 400meters with 1-4x unless you got bad eyes should be adequate.

From what ive been looking at 2-7x illuminated is usally 22 scopes. And with a 308 and 400 and under I would think youd use hold over not dialing in drop. So I'd be looking for some kind of bullet drop reticle, and that also should open up cheaper scopes. Since what you really get for more money beyond clarity is accurately be able to adjust drop and return to zero.

Check this scope out.

It may be just what your looking for.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/217677/millett-dms-2-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-6x-24mm-illuminated-brc-1-reticle-matte?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Optics+-+Scopes+-+Under+12X-_-Millett-_-217677&gclid=CL70sceY8tACFQWpaQodbNoG8g

Thanks

Unfortunately need about 9-11" of eye relief so 3.5" wont cut it.

Yes they are difficult to find, price paid for being outside the box so to speak.

BDC is not a great priority since I wont be doing any long range work and the 308 is flat enough for guess work even with a 100m zero.

Cleaning up some flood stuff today I found an old 2x scope I used to have mounted on a mosin, cleaned up well and illumination works so I may go with that for a while until I find what I want.

Take to range next week see if it checks out.

I am using a model S49429 Weaver 2.5 - 8 x28 ,and so far it has around 500rds thru my 91-30 without any problems.It was not hard as expected to get used to the ERS ,If anything it is now easyer to shoot with both eyes open . Hate you guys got flooded ,and hope all have a merry christmas

me

• Like 1

I've read really good reviews on millet scopes. I don't think they have a 2-7. OI know they make an awesome 4-16 that for the price is very good. But at 400 and under I'd look at a 1-4x 400meters with 1-4x unless you got bad eyes should be adequate.

From what ive been looking at 2-7x illuminated is usally 22 scopes. And with a 308 and 400 and under I would think youd use hold over not dialing in drop. So I'd be looking for some kind of bullet drop reticle, and that also should open up cheaper scopes. Since what you really get for more money beyond clarity is accurately be able to adjust drop and return to zero.

Check this scope out.

It may be just what your looking for.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/217677/millett-dms-2-rifle-scope-30mm-tube-1-6x-24mm-illuminated-brc-1-reticle-matte?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Optics+-+Scopes+-+Under+12X-_-Millett-_-217677&gclid=CL70sceY8tACFQWpaQodbNoG8g

Thanks

Unfortunately need about 9-11" of eye relief so 3.5" wont cut it.

Yes they are difficult to find, price paid for being outside the box so to speak.

BDC is not a great priority since I wont be doing any long range work and the 308 is flat enough for guess work even with a 100m zero.

Cleaning up some flood stuff today I found an old 2x scope I used to have mounted on a mosin, cleaned up well and illumination works so I may go with that for a while until I find what I want.

Take to range next week see if it checks out.

I am using a model S49429 Weaver 2.5 - 8 x28 ,and so far it has around 500rds thru my 91-30 without any problems.It was not hard as expected to get used to the ERS ,If anything it is now easyer to shoot with both eyes open . Hate you guys got flooded ,and hope all have a merry christmas

me

Thank you, the flood has some hard lessons to teach so we are trying to learn them. smile.png

Good scope looked at that one.

Fixing to pull the trigger on the UTG 2-7x44 after the holiday.

Ive been doing most of my work at 25 - 50 yds just with reaction times and follow ups, getting to know the rifle. I know it will do sub 2MOA easily so I am the weakest link as they say.

I do have to draw a line with the illuminated reticle the benefits are just there and I am able react quicker with it than without.

It may be a lot of people really don't understand the use of this feature that has such strong situational benefits and easily turned off when it doesn't.

About 7 or 8 mag seems right on top end.

The more I read and experience, the more appreciation I have for the driving force behind the scout concepts.

Two eyes are just better than one. Light is better than heavy. Big fast bullets take down things. Avoiding trouble is better than not. 

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Returning the UTG scope, it was a good try but that thing is just too clunky and light transmission was pretty bad relatively.  

Slapped a Bushnell red dot on it until I can find exactly what I want, at least the weapon is light again and the Bushy takes all the abuse I deal out.

Kind of shame this should be easier, but no. All I want is good lightweight EER scope with the option for slightly illuminating the reticle.

Seems akin to wanting to go into outer space... which would be a hoot

Returning the UTG scope, it was a good try but that thing is just too clunky and light transmission was pretty bad relatively.  

Slapped a Bushnell red dot on it until I can find exactly what I want, at least the weapon is light again and the Bushy takes all the abuse I deal out.

Kind of shame this should be easier, but no. All I want is good lightweight EER scope with the option for slightly illuminating the reticle.

Try the Vortex Crossfire 2 EER Great company. Great product. They stand behind .mil and LE too.

crf_2x20_v-plex_f-t.jpg

Try the Vortex Crossfire 2 EER Great company. Great product. They stand behind .mil and LE too.

If I have to give up the illumination I was looking at this or more likely the Nikon Force.

I just do not want to give up on that yet but it aint looking good.

Yeah thanks been seeing those but all the Midway stock is 3-4" ER.

Seriously thinking to just make the jump to Leupold VX-2, the weight is right @ 9oz and it is about as no frills as they come which is fine by me.

Cannot make myself spend the cash for a Firedot at twice the cost of the VX.

The red dot on the rifle is ok just subject to the obvious drawback.

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I learned what it is like to have a gall stone attack...

Damn... just damn, four hours of absolute sheer hell until they gave me the morphine and another pain med shot. 

If you think you may have them go get it looked at, you do not want to find out like this.

Nothing for it but to have it out and I aint sorry to see it go, whatever price I pay I never want to do that again ever.

I got a whole gall bladder full of them (since at least the early 1990's when they saw them on a CAT scan). horror.gif

Doesn't make sense to take them out, since they'll just grow back as long as I'm on the statins. :rolleyes:

And you guys with all the BBQ pictures sure aren't helping out any. :angry::lol:

Some folks have more pain than others due to an attack. 

As long as you have it you are subject and there also the possibility of rupture and very serious life threatening problems if it is left in.

Removal effect is just having to hit the john if you eat too much fat, I find that a much better solution but then everyone's situation is different.

Told the doc that is all I needed to know, when do we rip that sucker out. So two weeks of walking on egg shells and done.

Then I can hit the BBQ again! greedy.gif

Hope things work out for you.

Some folks have more pain than others due to an attack. 

As long as you have it you are subject and there also the possibility of rupture and very serious life threatening problems if it is left in.

Removal effect is just having to hit the john if you eat too much fat, I find that a much better solution but then everyone's situation is different.

Told the doc that is all I needed to know, when do we rip that sucker out. So two weeks of walking on egg shells and done.

Then I can hit the BBQ again! greedy.gif

Hope things work out for you.

Or so I am told (the part about it possibly rupturing if they are left in), or actually having a heart attack and blaming it on a gallstone flare up instead. :unsure:

I just have been on the operating gurney too much in the last decade (twice for follicular thyroid cancer removal, and then subsequent visits having liver biopsies done because the liver enzymes are elevated now (a known by product of losing your thyroid gland (have to be careful though that it's not something else (you f'kn alchy :rolleyes: ), the Dr. says to me :lol: )) and endless endoscopies and colonoscopies because you can't seem to swallow pills or food without choking on them or pinch out a s**t right anymore being dependent now on ONE synthetic thyroid hormone (T-4) when a normal functioning thyroid gland pumps out at least FOUR different thyroid hormones. :angry:

Ah, well.  The health insurance provider just has to suck it up once again and lay out the :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: for me to get the suckers removed.  A nice, runny BBQ grease poop doesn't sound all that bad to me anyway, sure beats the Lone Star baked potato sized turds that I have to attempt to force out now. :wacko::lol:

Anyway, glad you're feeling okay now, and thanks for the well wishes! :up:

• Like 1

On the matter of mistaking a heart attack for gall stones.

I had at least two heart attacks, 3 days apart though we did not know at the time. Funny thing the first one happened during sex, seriously funny now that I think about it. 

Always thought that was the way to go, wrong again bunky. Though it was amusing to watch the faces of the medical people when they asked about it.

Absolutely possible to mistake them given how much heart symptoms can vary, they wasted three days looking at my digestive system after the first heart attack, damn near killed me.

Seems the enzyme they look for to prove heart attack did not appear until the last one by then I was on the table.

So yeah that is the one that really bothers me. Man good luck, seriously.

Most welcome and trust me I get it.

Getting old is a bitch but there really is no alternative.

I hear ya there. 032.gif

On the matter of mistaking a heart attack for gall stones.

I had at least two heart attacks, 3 days apart though we did not know at the time. Funny thing the first one happened during sex, seriously funny now that I think about it. 

Always thought that was the way to go, wrong again bunky. Though it was amusing to watch the faces of the medical people when they asked about it.

Absolutely possible to mistake them given how much heart symptoms can vary, they wasted three days looking at my digestive system after the first heart attack, damn near killed me.

Seems the enzyme they look for to prove heart attack did not appear until the last one by then I was on the table.

So yeah that is the one that really bothers me. Man good luck, seriously.

I imagine the medical profession sees it quite a lot (people checking out due to having a heart attack during sex).  I think I would be more embarrassed being the surviving partner (since I'm sure the person who actually died doesn't care anymore laugh.png ) on having to try and explain what happened. unsure.png

Hopefully, the chest pains start to happen after the nut gets busted too. f0ckers.gif

Checking out Elvis style (like how I'm probably going to go wacko.png ), I think would be worse though.  I'd hate being the morgue technician that has to clean up after something like that happens.  I think I'd actually prefer wiping off the corpse's dick (or snatch) in that case. haha.gif  

Edited by Gaddis
  • Like 1

Actually I think it is more common than is reported wink.png

Heh yeah Elvis style seems like a bad way to go but as you point out it is beyond care at that point.

I have to admit it started before but things continued to successful completion.

Got a bit of a scolding over that one from her. 

Trust me I feel pretty silly about it now.

what.gif

• Like 1

I come from an old European line of stock. dry.png

I can actually imagine my Mom (or Austrian Grandma, if she were still alive :ded: ) cleaning me up (break off (or push it back up from whence it came) that turd that's sticking halfway out :lol: ) before the paramedics arrived if I decided to do an Elvis. :eek:

Jeesus, that thought right there is almost more terrifying than the actual death itself, I think. :wacko:

Surgery came off fine and doc said from the looks of it the thing has been causing me problems for years.

Even with the post-op pain I am feeling better than I have for a long time. 

Seems they can really cause a lot of difficult to identify problems from periodic infections to digestion issues.

Like BO I am glad to be rid of it!